Heathcliff checked himself in the mirror. His grey slacks were creased to satisfaction, his black shoes shined like the walls of Hadeshis white collared shirt had not a thread out of place, the red tie hung perfectly. He smiled sadly to himself as he touched his wedding ring. He wore it openly now, no use hiding it, nothing further they could take from him. Everything was in order for his meeting with Regent Culler. He drives to the Sundown and looks for Gary, Arnold's ghoul, to lead him to his master's office.

Gary recognizes Heathcliff the moment he enters the lobby, having been expecting him. Approaching quickly, he nods politely and says "Hello, Mister Staley. Follow me, please." The Ghoul bypasses a locked door using a card-key and leads the way into the employee only area - back to the Reeve's office. Inside the office Arnold sits behind his desk. He stands when Heathcliff enters "Good evening, Seneschal Staley." he gestures to the chair sitting in front of the desk "May I offer you a seat?"

"Good evening, Regent Culler, thank you," Heathcliff says, taking a seat. "I trust you are doing well?" the Seneschal asks with a small smile, since he was not. "I will dispense with further pleasantries this evening," he says quickly, "I am here this evening on business in my capacity as Bishop of the Second Estate. I have located a facility I would like to use as our Church. On your property." Heathcliff steeples his fingers as he silently waits for Arnold's response.

"I'm doing fine."
he answers as he retakes his own seat. He frowns, considering whether or not to offer his condolences regarding the news he had heard of Heathcliff's late family. In the end he decides not to, and instead waits for Heathcliff to get on to business. After Heathcliff's made his bid Arnold seems thoughtful for a moment. "I see. Who in the city, besides yourself of course, currently claims allegiance to the Second Estate - if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't mind. At present, there are only myself and Deacon Anton Flores, though I am hopeful our flock will grow. There have been many to pass through, but none stay. And, of course, Madison..." Heathcliff trails off.

"Of course..." Arnold trails off a bit as well, though it is somewhat unclear as to whether he is sharing Heathcliff's solmenity or simply mitigating an awkward moment. Moving on "Do you expect the establishment to have any daytime function or any overt involvement with Kine?"

"No, there are no plans for such involvement at present, nor to adorn the building in any way that could be conceived of as a church. It is a simple building overlooking a graveyard just beyond its borders. A small shop that's gone out of business." Heathcliff says nothing about the graveyard's significance to him.

"I see no problem with that idea, then. Provided, of course, that new members are instructed that they are not to feed nearby unless they receive my permission. Otherwise that I am happy to assist the Church in this way."

"Splendid," Heathcliff says, though his demeanor is still very subdued. "You are very gracious, Regent Culler, and I thank you. I am glad you bring up the subject of blood," he states flatly. "For if there were a Domain that provided feeding rights to the Sanctified flatly, I believe we would grow that much faster. Tell me, what would you require of me for such a bargain? My warriors defense of your Domain goes without saying."

Arnold considers Heathcliff's words. Then gestures offhandedly and says "I've always wanted to learn more than just the normal hearsay regarding the Sanctum's Theban Rituals." His words seem conversational but his eyes watched Heathcliff. He knew this was a high barter.

Heathcliff is quick to shake his head. "That would be a betrayal of my Covenant, Regent Culler. However, you could certainly benefit from my knowledge of Theban Sorcery. I am quite accomplished," he says without a trace of pride. It is simply a statement of fact. "For instance, I know a ritual that allows me to store Vitae within a material object, which is neutralized by the Spirit of any risk of Vinculum. Such a resource could be a valuable asset to your line of work. I am also permitted by the Dark Prophet to bless weapons, among many other Rituals. Perhaps, a certain number of favors of this sort per year of the arrangement? Say, four?"

Arnold leans back in his chair, placing an elbow on the armrest of his chair and casually putting a hand to his chin while continuing to listen attentively to Heathcliff. "I will agree on that - and also the Sancum's pledged assistance in an upcoming strike against one of Belial's Brood's encampments in the city, be it the sewers or the Farm outside of town."

"Of course, and I will assist as well," Heathcliff says, but for just a moment, the Beast is the one looking out of the Bishop's eyes. "The Brood shall be rooted out of this Domain. I have every faith that you will retain your position as Reeve and see this done, Regent Culler. Again, I thank you for your graciousness and I do not wish to take any more of your time this evening. Do not hesitate to call upon the services you are due." Heathcliff stands to leave and offers his hand to shake the giant's.

Arnold stands as well, extending his hand and taking Heathcliff's "I appreciate the vote of confidence. I continue to make it my goal to use my Regency as a tool to aid the Domain against our enemies, and soon we will strike. I will be in touch regarding our agreement. Until then, goodnight Seneschal Staley."

"Good night, Regent Culler." Heathcliff exits the office and leaves, satisfied with the bargain struck.

End Scene