Chris was still dreaming. Nightmares kept torturing him.

When I wake up, the first thing is see is death. When I’m going to sleep, the last thing I see is death. Death is everywhere. The dead are lying, the dead are walking, the dead are hunting, the dead are hungry.

I am Hungry.

The flames have consumed everything in their uncontrolled anger, and big appetite. There is nothing left to burn, except for a few bodies.
Torn apart Chris walks through a wasteland. Far away, two naked man are fighting for their lives, Chris didn't care anymore. This is what hell probably looks like…

Sometimes though, Chris has a clear moment. A moment when he feels conscious instead of asleep. But he feels pain all the time, and all he can think is: When does this stop? Do all torpid kindred experience this pain?

But those moments never last long. Eventually he goes back to the land of the hungry. I don’t know how long I’ve been here, and I have no idea how I have survived this long. But I do know that I won’t make it any longer.
He just walks into nothingness. And why? Because that’s all there is….

Untill… a new smell comes near. Did he knew it? No. Or… yes he did. Far away in his memory this smell seemed familiar. The smell became more intense, it came closer.
And then, it literaly hit him in the face. It was raining. Rain with the smell of blood. It was raining blood! That feels good! He laughed in happiness while he tried to catch as much blood as possible. He drunk like he had thirsted forever.

The dreams were over. The Nightmares had gone away.

He was back in the world of the living. I could hug the one who caused that rain. It felt so good. And some of his wounds healed.
But then another taste came into his mouth. It was a true explosion of tastes. Blood. Powerful blood. He woke up. He really woke up for the first in a very long time, at least he thought it was a long time.
I could kiss the one who woke me up! I owe the person everything I have. But then Chris opened his eyes, and looked straight in those of the Prince of Sacramento. The Prince...

And with a big shock the control over his body was back, he had his consciousness again. His Requiem could be continued..