Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Please sit," Asa said, gesturing to one of the leather club chairs that surrounded an oversized ottoman in his office.

"The other night, you left the bar when I came to serve you and Twist. Why was that?" he asked, also settling into a chair. For him, it was something he wanted to clarify, and just as importantly would be a bellwether for the questions that were to come.

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara sets where she's instructed; trying to get comfortable when Asa begins his questioning. She stares at him for a moment. She had expected him to ask about the talk she had with Mac, what connection he had to her. The question about the bar catches her by surprise.* The bar? *She couldn't have given the Prince a more perplex look if a nine piece band had popped out of each ear and started playing "God Save the Queen"*

Oh, the bar upstairs! *Her confussion quickly gives way to a stifled giggle.* If you want the truth, it was you. Well, more the sudden appearance of yourself as the new bartender. I didn't know if you had business with the Hound, or if you were taking issue with the young man that approached us. Either way I got the impression that would be an exceedingly good time to leave...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa nodded, but continued to look at the other Ventrue for a few moments.

"And are those two reasons the only ones?" he finally asked.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*The slight smile that had been turning up the corners of the woman's mouth quickly fall. He's was actually serious about this.* Prince Clarke, if you believe I had some ulterior motive for returning to my assigned task here in Court that night, please say so. I've never been the kind to enjoy cat-and-mouse games, not when there are more pressing matters at hand. Such as finding Mac and turning his eyeballs inside outwards...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's lip curved slightly in amusement, but not pleasure.

More pressing matters? Bloodhunts come and go. Trust is altogether different.

"Actually, I was curious if you might be concerned that I was jealous or otherwise displeased with your friendship with Twist,
    " Asa replied bluntly. "It seemed like a good place to start while I decided whether or not I could trust you to be completely honest with me, or if I should simply take the answers I wanted."

Asa held up a finger to forestall any reply as he was silent for a moment.

"I have protected you, and I have elevated you, asking for nothing in return. Now I find out you had at least one private discussion with a Brood infiltrator. Which may be nothing. On the other hand, most of the Deputies are also aware of this, and appearances can be just as damning as reality. So once again I find myself in the position of protecting you --if you are innocent."

"Were those two reasons the only ones?"
    he asked again.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara sets quietly and waits her turn to speak. Once she can, she gives the same reply as before.* Yes, Your Majesty, they are. I never thought for a moment if you had any objections to whatever I did within the city that you would hold back letting me know. As for my association with the Hound, it need not concern your mind, Prince Clarke. All future meetings have been called on account of political climate...

As for my meeting, it was indeed where Mac reveled himself to me. But not as a Brood spy; in life he was an orphan in London at one of the orphanages I helped to fund. He told me he had become a Nazi hunter later in life, a vocation he continued in death. He said he was hunting one here in California. I tried to convince him to stop, to leave the path of murder behind... It seems he suckered us all with his stories.

*She's silent for a moment, picking an few imaginary specks of lint off her dress as her better judgment fights with her combined Irish and Ventrue stubbornness to prove herself. Finally, stubbornness wins out; her head lifting once again to look at the Prince.* And if you hear rumbling among the masses about my loyalty, drag me out into the middle of Court and use our family's gift to compel the truth from me. If they demand a witch hunt, I'll be the first in line to prove my innocence; my story then will be no different than it is now.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa arches an eyebrow at Ciara's words regarding Twist. If there was any trace of anything, it might be surprise. For someone who didn't want to be political -- but then again, that same person used solitude like a shield. Given their familial predispositions, he personally couldn't imagine a worse course of action.

Hell, Ishani did it, and can barely stand to be around Kine anymore.

Another gesture, a hand waved dismissively at the notion of putting her on trial. While certain things had entertainment value, that hardly seemed one of them -- especially considering she was family, even if she were as aloof as a Mekhet at times.

"Do you know where his Haven is?"
    Asa finally asked. "Or locations he might frequent?"

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara shakes her head "no"* I knew nothing personal about the man besides where our paths crossed over seventy years ago. As for possible locations? Might I suggest the strip club? I swear I don't know how the man found time to masquerade as a Deputy, the only thing I ever saw him chase was skirts...

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa was silent for a few long moments, studying the other Ventrue before he finally nodded.

"Without a Seneschal, Herald, or Sheriff currently present to direct the Hunt, the Keeper seems the next logical choice,"
    he said, gesturing to the door.

While a Prince can't apologize, he can elevate someone whom he had maybe been overly harsh in embarrassing previously.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara bows her head at the Princes's word, and exits silently.* As you wish your Majesty. Do you have any specific orders you would like me to pass on to the others?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread