Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
After Inferno

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Narration:

Fairly quickly, Brad notices Delia picking up the pace.

"Hey, what's going on? You in that much of a hurry to get rid of me?" He says the last bit in a playful tone of voice as he walks faster to keep up with Delia.

M
    MidnightSnack

Should I tell him? She wonders:Better not because if he'd knew he may try to act as a hero.

"I'm not trying to lose you. It's just.." Delia pause for a sec while trying to come up an excuse. "Are we far from the hotel? It sounds silly but I need to go to the ladies room." She says with tone of voice as playful as his. While she says this she glances back to check whether the man is keeping up with them or not.

Narration:

The man is a ways back now. He doesn't seem to be moving faster, so Delia and Brad are outdistancing him.

Brad says "Not a problem. That's a good reason to speed up." He looks around. "Yeah, hotel's probably best bet... I don't know if there's anywhere open this time of night between here and there."

M
    MidnightSnack

We are outpacing him. Even though Delia is now more relaxed she still keeps a fast pace. But that's not an exuse to become sloppy. We're not yet out of troubles.

"I think so too." she says to Brad.

Narration:

In short order, Delia and Brad see the sign for Econo-Lodge Downtown, and soon afterward they arrive at the hotel itself. By that time, Delia doesn't see any sign of the man that was following them.

M
    MidnightSnack

Delia stops outside the hotel and looks around for any sign of the man. As she sees that he is not in sight she heaves a deep sigh of relief.

"I guess that's it for tonight. I'm really glad I've met you. I'll call you." She says to Brad while she gets closer to him. Once there are only few inches between them she gives him a goodnight kiss on the cheek. After she walks towards the hotel entrance but once at the door she turns around and says: "Good Night." Then she heads into the hotel.

"I'll look forward to your call," he says. He waves bye as she goes onside, then turns and walks into the night.

M
    MidnightSnack

Delia lays now on her bed. It's been an hour after she arrived at the hotel during which she showered, even though she didn't need to, and prepered the room for the day. Both window in the room have thick courtains but just to be sure she placed bedcovers on them. This way she was sure that no sun light would pass. In few minutes the sun will rise so she checks that the door is locked and just to be sure she hangs a 'Do Not Disturb' sign outside the door.

Just to kill some time Delia switches on the tv. At this time on the day there is nothing interesting. She waits and waits untill the sound coming from the tv's speakers starts to be muffled and her vision blurry. She knows that soon she'll fall asleep so as her last action of the day she presses the mute button on the tv remote. Then everything fades.

((ST Note: The next Night's events unfold in "At the Econo-Lodge."
    http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3985#post3985 ))

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread