Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max takes the two Gangrels back to the meeting rooms under the Eternal Court to discuss what happened that night. He waits for Jullian and Charlie to enter before shutting the door and locking it.*

Charlie follows Max inside and waits for jillian to enter and for Max to lock the door before asking "Okay Max. You go first, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

S
    Steven

Jillian finds a place to sit and leans back crossing her legs and watching the two other kindred.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max can only shrug* I don't know Priscus, you were the one who called me about a meeting...

Charlie returns the shrug to Max and says "I spoke with the Senechal and the Keeper once I got back and they said you warned everyone against going to Granite Park. I just wanted to know why you didn't mention me being eaten up by whatever it was there to anyone else." He doesn't speak in a hostile tone when he asks this in actuality there's a bit of confusion in his voice, almost the same way one inquires about someone who's made an odd move at chess. "And the only reason I mentioned asking you what you wanted because you said you had a few questions about that night too, which I don't know what I can answer because most of it was a blur to me but I'll see what I can do."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods, he could understand the Gangrel's confusion about his actions.* A number of reasons. First, when the... whatever the hell they hit us with went off, I was blind and deaf a good 5 minutes. When I came to I was to busy fighting those things off to try and find you. I didn't know if you had escaped or were off in some other part of the park. And given the matters we were discussing, I thought it would be best if I didn't mention you were there as well; it would raise some questions I didn't think you would want to answer.

Secondly, there were only three logical outcomes to our situation: You were alive, you were dead, or you were captured by those things. If you were alive and free, there was no sense in going back to look for you; you would have escaped as I did. If you were dead, there would also be no point in going back for you.

And third, if you were a hostage, better to not make a big fuss about losing you. If you were just some vampire, you were a hostage. But if they knew you were someone important, you became a bargaining chip. Better that you remain a low value commodity.

As it stands, you're back with us and the topics of discussion are still unknown. Speaking which, the offer still stands. The only real question I have for you is if you noticed anything before the bang, the light, and the eating? I was taken by surprise...

Charlie nods in response to Max's verbal powerpoint presentation on why he kept silent about his fate with whatever it was that pursued them. What does he do sit in a room all night and nail down any loose ends to cover his ass?

At the mentioning of their arrangement Charlie remembers that Jillian is in the room with them and for the moment decides to keep that a secret for right now and doesn't address it. "Just the flash bang they threw at us before it went off which was probably why you were blind and deaf for a longer time, since I imagine your senses were extended right? As for me, I wasn't held hostage, I was close to death considering Jillian and Joseph had to awaken me out of torpor. Were you able to find out anything else about that area after warning everyone?"

What he didn't keep in mind is the fact that keeping hush about my disappearance could have led to a potential masquerade breach, any mortal could have found my body in the dumpster taken me to the morgue or worse, left me in the daylight and there'd be a whole new mess of trouble but since it was my suggestion to meet at the park I'm sure he'd hold that against me too if i made a huge issue about it.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max can only shake his head.* No, I wasn't given permission from the Prince or Reeve to investigate further. And there was no way I was going back there alone. I barely made it out alive myself, I spent a good portion of the night hidden away trying to heal myself enough to go out in public and get to Court. As it was I was several days healing before I was all patched up and ready to go... *Max rubs his belly, remembering the long hours spent filling in his chest cavity with unnecessary organs.*

S
    Steven

"pshh," Jillian says getting tired of this shit.

Charlie hears Jillian and doesn't acknowledge it, getting used to ignoring her impatience for conversation. He does try to wrap things up by saying "Well I got some other business to attend to at the moment but rest assured when that's over with I want to find out what the hell it was that jumped us. You want in on this too? Since you posted the warning it may sound better if we both spoke to the Reeve or the Prince about looking into it before actually trying to investigate."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread