Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
The Nosferatu Meeting: Private Conversation

When the Nosferatu meeting goes into recess Arnold stands and walks for the door, catching O-Yama's eye and gesturing for the Samurai to follow him.

He leads him deeper into the basement to a room filled with whirring industrial washing machines. It was loud, but not so loud that they couldn't hear each other talk.

Turning to the other Haunt Arnold frowns, and says - with a hint of sadness "While I do honestly appreciate your apology in there I hope you'll understand if I find it difficult to immediately trust you."

O-Yama nods to Culler, a smile parting his dead unmoving expression. "Very understandable. In your place I wouldn't entirely trust me either, but my apology was genuine. I dont want the sheriff position, its... too political for my tastes. If there was a position I want, it would be Hound."

He pauses for a moment before continuing. "We may have had our differences, and my actions were ill-thought and unprepared, spur of the moment if you will, but... we make a deadly combo Arnold." O-Yama says looking him in the eyes. "We might not be the most influential in the city, but in strength of arms, few would be able to match us, to be blunt."

Arnold seems to contemplate O-Yama's words for a moment. He was right. He and O-Yama were undoubtedly two of the more potent warriors of the Domain. Together they could be quite dangerous. "There's wisdom in the words you speak now, even if there wasn't in the motions you made in nights previous."

Then he takes a few seconds to regard O-Yama before continuing "You weren't the only one who raised opposition against me. Did you meet with Harpy Stamford? Didn't you mention something in Court about receiving some information 'on good word?' What can you tell me about that?"

O-Yama nods. "Yes, I met with Harpy Stamford, I had her pull her strings to have your influence within the domain lowered." He says, no shame or guilt in his words.

"You have enemies brother, who they are, I cannot tell you, but whoever they were they were present for those meetings and witnessed your behavior, leaving the details I brought against you in a letter for me to find outside my Haven. I do not know who the source was, nor how to find out, unless strong use of Auspex is brought to bare." O-Yama says, his tone entirely genuine, no lies coming from him.

Arnold's interest seems to peak "You have the letter still? I have some knowledge of Auspex, but I don't possess that level. Still, perhaps in the future..."

He makes a dismissive gesture "Unless I am mistaken, Harpy Stamford owed you nothing, and so had little reason beyond her own to speak out against me the way she did. No matter. I don't believe that she can do little more damage than she already has."

Still, Lady Stamford. If I've learned anything from recent nights it is that one will reap what one has sown.

Focusing his gaze seriously on O-Yama now Arnold speaks "I have made mistakes. One of those mistakes was becoming complacent, but graver still was that I forgot who my friends were. Please understand, as everyone in the Domain knows I have been a victim of deception and betrayal. One tends to withdraw in the face of such conflict."

"I propose a partnership, from tonight hence. You will be Hound of the Estate of West Jackson and also receive Tenancy - should you desire it. In matters of battle and regarding the defense of the Domains of Sacramento and West Jackson we will work together - as comrades."

Arnold smiles a little, one hand coming up and lightly adjusting the brim of his hat "You see, O-Yama. I believe you. Such political underhandedness does not suit you so much as does cutting your enemies to pieces. I've little doubt that you were reacting to the bad form I exhibited by condescending to you. I make my proposal in light of the fact that we are friends and we understand each other. I think that together, and perhaps with a select few others, that we can bring ourselves power, honor, glory, and wealth."

His smile widens, but becomes a bit more sinister - a smirk really "We can at least, together, form a strong front against the pests who infest our city. My Domain. I can only imagine how much you wish to avenge yourself against the derelict bastards who made you retreat that night."

O-Yama nods. "Yes I still retain the letter, we may research it further at a later time."

He mirrors the disdain for Stamford. "In my opinion, despite her status as Harpy, her threat is negligible." He continues. "If anything, I'll maintain contact with her, have her think she is still in our good graces, simply to maintain the illusion of her security."

As Culler continues, O-Yama extends a hand to his fellow Haunt. "Henceforth I am your Hound and have Tenancy in the estate of West Jackson." He says with a nod "Power, honor, glory and wealth." He says, repeating the words.

The cruelty in O-Yama's smile, as it comes at the mention of the homeless, is layered with ruthlessness and cold disregard for life. "I would like nothing more than to sweep through them like a bloodstained typhoon."

Arnold reaches out and grasps O-Yama's hand in a powerful handshake, his own smile matching O-Yama's in ferocity "We will, my friend. We will. Until then, let the Domain see us stand together and know that Blood is truly thicker than water."

He begins to lead O-Yama out of the laundry room "I can set you up here in the Sundown, if you'd like, or did you have something else in mind?"

"I would not mind that at all. I will bring my things sometime within the next night." O-Yama says, ready to set up and begin preparing to establish his role as Hound of West Jackson.

"Good." Arnold turns O-Yama and nods - pleased. "Let's return to the meeting, shall we?"
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama nods. "Indeed, let us return." He says, equally pleased in their agreement.

End Scene

Closed Thread