Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting The Mekhet Priscus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PRE

Thomas entered the club and thought of Paris. Cigar smoke, booze by the boatload and beating a drunk Ernest Hemingway at poker, those were days indeed. He shook his head for a second and moved into the lounge area to take in the sights and sounds of the place. He looked around to find the person who ran the place or who would know what room Wilhelm had reserved for their meeting.

L

The new Kindred was scarcely hard to find. His beast assailed Wilhelm's senses, tempting the Priscus to reduce the newcomer to a bloody mess. But the beast was pushed aside easily enough, leaving the man to contemplate. Had he simply dropped the Mask to make it easier for Wilhelm to find him, or was he incapable of using it. Which would be...interesting, for a Mekhet.

Regardless, he made his way through the cigar smoke to approach the other Kindred. "Mr. O'Connor, I presume."

PRE

Thomas noticed the man as he walked toward and then greet him, he wore the Mask which hid the beast inside him as, leaving Thomas at a disadvantage. The Boston Irishman uses his years away from home to drop his accent and turns towards the person who had greeted him.

"Yes and you would be Mr. Von Schusten?"

L

"Of course." It was hardly as though Sacramento boasted an abundance of individuals that spoke with a German accent. "If you would follow me."

With that he turns and leads Thomas to a circular staircase near the bar, climbing up to the establishment's second level. From there he made his way to a seemingly decorative vault. A brief pause to ensure that there was no one else in the hall to observe them, more out of habit than anything, and Wilhelm opened it to reveal another staircase hidden behind it. This one descended, probably below ground level judging by the number of steps.

Were he given to such emotions, Wilhelm might have felt a bit nostalgic. He had not been down here since He had met with Ishani during his first night in the city. Regardless, he made his way to the room that he had reserved and opened it for Thomas, motioning inside. "Take a seat, Mr. O'Connor."

PRE

Thomas walks into the room and takes a seat. He waits until the Priscus closes the door and takes a seat in the private room before he speaks.

"Priscus I would like to thank you for meeting me on such short notice, I know that your time is valuable so I will try not to waste any of it. I have recently been acknowledged in the city and understand that the domain is facing a number of problems. Since I plan of settling here in the city, I would like to offer any assistance I can in dealing with these issues."

L

Now this was refreshing, a new arrival willing to dive straight into solving the problems facing the Domain. It almost reminded Wilhelm of himself, very nearly a year ago. Though, he had had no need of trying to figure out what those issues were. They found him quickly enough. "Do not mention it, time is something all of us have in abundance." He spent a few moments studying the Thomas, "What manner of skills do you possess?"

PRE

"Well before my embrace I was a US Army officer so I have some skill with firearms, hand to hand combat and using a knife. Haven't used them as much in recent years but I can hold my own in a fight. Since the embrace I've mainly focused my efforts on investigation and study of the supernatural."

Question for Les

L

Sometimes he was almost amazed by the number of Mekhet in the city, a clan renowned for stealth and knowledge of ancient secrets, who seemed to be gifted most in straight up combat. Not that he would ever say that aloud. The Americans had a saying...something about black calling the kettle...something?

He had never considered it to be a good saying.

"When you say gather information, do you mean reconnaissance or the research-oriented searches that have become prevalent in the information age?"

Answer

PRE

"A bit of both but mostly actual research, such as searching in occult texts and field work. While the internet is an interesting tool allowing for an amazing amount of access to information, most of that information is bullshit. I can read about some kine ghost hunter blundering around a haunted location like a child in the dark or I can actually use my experience and abilities to observe for myself and do the job that I need done."

Thomas straightens up in his seat.

Auspex Roll 3 Suxx

L

Slightly disappointing, he had been hoping for one a bit more predisposed to stealth and reconnaissance. But hardly surprising, given that the man seemed none too skilled in the use of Obfuscate.

"An enclave of the Belial's Brood has surfaced in the city. Much of their dirty work seems to be done by lizard-like ghouls, who they have been known to use to abduct Kine. Furthermore, they appear to have established their base of operations in a farm a short ways outside of Sacramento that was once owned by the Hierophant of the Circle of the Crone. Anything you could learn about them would be useful."

"But I hardly expect you to merely give you any information you might find. I am sure you know of the Subinfeudation of Sacramento. Regents Brady and Nagaraj are Mekhet as well, and should you be able to uncover the information I seek I can put you in touch with them to discuss feeding rights and tenancy within their domains. Should you do especially well I might even offer a personal recommendation to Regent Nagaraj on your behalf, he is a friend of mine."

And as a member of the Circle himself would likely be grateful for assistance rendered in reclaiming that farm.

Obfuscations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread