Chris sat in his appartment. He didn't know enough people to hang out in Sacramento. Sure time would change that, but he wasn't it the mood to be happy and all over friendly today. Old friends would understand that. Well, friends? Perhaps dinner was a better word...

He walked to his garage. The red or the white one? He thought for a moment, but then decided that his red Mini Cooper would fit much better in San Francisco. The white cabrio was newer, and his favorite car now. But who but himself would care for that? So in his red car Chris drove out of Sacramento. If I can't feed here, then I'll go somewhere else, it's fun anyway.

He drove the way across the The Golden Gate bridge. He drove slowly, to enjoy the ride more. He couldn't be here too much, so he enjoyed every moment he was. He almost closed his eyes, but that didn't seem a very good idea in a car. And then he heard someone honk behind him. Damn, couldn't you just relax in the middle of the night? How disturbing... But he drove futher downtown. Straight away to go to the night club where a former friend was working tonight.

He walked in the night club. Heavy music and flickering lights welcomed him... not really his favorite welcome...
People were dancing like crazy already. He made his way to the bar. He didn't like to go through the crowd. His abilty to be nice to every random person was driven away by the beast that took place in his body. Annoyed he finally reached the bar. Tessa? Where are you baby? Normally she was always working in the weekend. Day off? Holiday? He didn't think so. He could ask the barkeeper, but from what he remembered it wasn't what you could call a nice guy. But then suddenly felt two hands touching his shoulder and before he could react an arm was hanging around his neck. The beast in him almost fought the attacker off, but then he realized it was a friendly hug from a girl. He heard he sweet voice in his ears 'Mister Woodie finally decided to show his face again, what an honor!' Mister Woodie... he had forgotten the stupid name. But he took the arm off his neck and turned around. With a big smile Chris said: 'Heya Tess! How ya doin girl?' he kissed her on her cheek.

'Good man! Long time no see... jeesh... shall we talk some more private, huh?' She put up her naughty smile, since Chris and Sharon broke up Tessa almost hunted for Chris. But that was in the time with all his personal problems. And he couldn't start something real with a human. But a place more private would really improve his changes to satisfy his hunger for the night. They walked into an empty employee room. In busy nights there weren't much breaks for the staff.

'Sharon told me you really sucked when you broke up with girls. Depression and whatnot, she knew something of your past of course. But when you guys broke off, well your mood really did sucked...' Ooh Girl you don't know how much it did... Tessa still seemed some kind of angry at him so an apology would be the least thing he could do before he drained her.
'Awh I'm sorry girl. But you know how close we were together, and I couldn't bring it up to come here pretending if nothing happened...'

'And now you decided to get a nightlife again! A good choice, and I'm working full time now. You know, working in the night, sleeping all morning.' She gave him a big smile A nightlife? Like duh... 'And working here is so much fun, although it is better if you show up more! Screw the daylight... ya know what I mean?' She laughed, such a happy sound. You got to be kidding me, don't go through all common vamp jokes please. You don't even know what I am.
Chris gave her a weak smile back. He was in a lesser mood then he'd expected when he saw Tessa. Something inside him really had died. And why should he delay what needed to be done anyway? He moved closer to Tessa, trying to do an imitation of a breathing and alive person. He brought his face to hers and he saw her eyes shine with happiness and lust.
'Ooh baby, I can't promise to be here a long time...' he kissed her '... but I'm sure gonna miss you.'And he kissed her longer. She kissed harder and clearly wanted more. Really, at work? She is crazy.
He moved his mouth close to her ears. 'Goodbye, baby, have a happy life...' And before she could react surprised his teeth sunk in her neck. She tasted wonderful. A little bit alchohol, but that sure tasted fine. When she was unconciousness he licked her wounds and left the night club.

He almost stepped in his car when he heard a loud and threathening voice behind him. 'What the hell are you doing here Wooding?!' The bald kindred bully of town pulled his shoulders and turned Chris around to face him and look angry in his face. 'Didn't we tell to fuck off out of town? You need futher explanation?'

'No...no of course not... I...I was leaving already. I just thought that there were some areas where I still could show up if I wanted?'

'Oh please...Chris.' Together with his name he spit in his face. 'There have been some changes in that arrangement, and you know what it is now? Never come
here ever again, anywhere.' And he dissappeared in the night. Chris was left in fear. He quickly got in his car drove back to Sacramento as fast as he could. He was sad. It was a bad ending in such a strange - and he must admit a bit emotional - night.

He didn't really seem to belong anywhere right now.