Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Sacramento Surveillance Society

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

Joshua hoped that his choice of meeting place wasn't foreshadowing danger--Sacramento's parks had, so far, not been kind to the Awakened. But Crocker Park hadn't been on anyone's radar yet that he knew of, and he hoped it would be a far cry from Granite Park.

He pulled in to a parking spot and sat there for a few moments as he watched traffic pass on I-5. He had a few minutes before Ariadne was due to arrive. Joshua spent it preparing:

Hands gripped the wheel as he closed his eyes and breathed slowly, trying to get in to a rhythm. The rhythm would help control the pain. The pain would help bring some juice. The juice could make a difference. The rhythm achieved, Joshua's hands tightened and the knuckles went bone-white as he concentrated hard and felt something alight inside of him, a burning throughout his body. He sagged as enervation hit him and he released his breath in a low stuttery moan. Joshua felt tears wanting to form at the corners of his eyes; he tried to knuckle them away but his hands were cramped around the steering wheel and didn't want to release.

But all the effort felt off. He could feel it, inside. That glow of mana. It was a canteen of cold water after weeks in the desert, it was a shower after months of being caked in dirt and sweat, it was relief from years of pain.

All right, good. Now: A glance around to make sure he was unseen, then hands began to form practiced mudras. Each position of his fingers and wrists sparked a memory of knowledge and unleashed Atlantean secrets. Within moments he could feel armor around him, long unused but still trustworthy, like dusting off an old overcoat and slipping it on. He fed mana to the spell and felt it slide into place over his body.

Almost done. Reaching into the back seat he brought forward a bag and began putting its contents into the pockets of his jacket. Half a roll of duct tape. A lighter, the convenience-store price tag still stuck on the side. A large bottle of water that jutted from the pocket--he had to zip the pocket half-closed to help hold the bottle in place. A makeup compact. A flat-head screwdriver and a handful of nails.

The items went into pockets, were moved into other pockets, shifted around until he got an arrangement that was an not-bulky and weird as he could make it. He patted himself down, reminding himself where everything was. He couldn't walk around downtown wearing web gear; this would have to do.

That was that. He sat and waited for Ariadne and prayed the day would go well.

OOCs

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne gets off the bus a few blocks from the park and approaches it cautiously and casually. If things were as bad as the Arrows had made it sound then even now she might not be safe. Which would need to be fixed of course, damn the Seers, if they want to be lapdogs they can be.

They just needs a few lessons in manners to be good little doggies.

Looking around the park she sees a man who she hopes is Joshua sitting in a car. She approaches the car from side and the back. Putting her completely within the view of the rear view mirrors as she walks towards the car. Stopping a short bit a way from the car she looks at the rear view mirror and then at the cars on the highway.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

errr mana

PRE

He drums his fingers on the wheel, watching the traffic, keeping an eye open; and when eyes flick to the rearview mirror and see the red hair his vision holds there for a few moments. She hadn't come up and potentially interrupted him or surprised him into doing something accidental and rash. Some subtlety. Good.

Joshua opens the door and gets out, stretching before he closes the door. "Good morning, Ariadne," he says, lazily walking over as he pulls the water bottle from its pocket and cracks it open. "Hope you're ready."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne smiles as Joshua gets out of the car and asks if she's ready. "I sure hope so." She says with a light chuckle and complete honesty even if it doesn't seem like it.

"So what's the plan?" This was his gig after all and if she gets asked later how it went the more she can show him putting forth effort, the better. That and she isn't confident enough in her capacities to not get them killed.

PRE

Not to get killed, Joshua thinks. Out loud he says, "Animus told me there are three places between the Tower Bridge and the Bismarck where the Banishers might be hiding. It's a fairly small search area--I figured we'd take a walk and see what we can see. I hope you don't mind a little exercise."

He glances around, taking the first steps towards the hotel visible just two blocks north. Seeing no Sleepers he asks, "Since we didn't have a chance for a pow-wow: I'm a Moros, specializing towards Matter. I am an Arrow, and if something should happen I may or may not fight them, depending on the circumstances. If things go wrong and one of us has to die, then--for many reasons--it should be me; if I tell you to run, then you run. You get away and you tell the others. I'll do everything I can to keep you safe."

He lets that all sink in for a moment, and asks, "So, Ariadne. What do you do?" By his tone, he's not asking who signs her paychecks.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne takes the moment he gives her, then nods and falls in step with the Arrow. "I am a Mastigos and I have focused on Mind so far. I do have knowledge of Space and Prime though." She shakes her head, causing red hair to bounce around. As it starts to fall into a regular pattern on her neck she continues. "I'm with the Guardians." Tell him more? Sure. "I'm a people person."

"If things go south, I'm listening to you. I have minimal fighting experience."

L

Triquetra understood why Animus had leveled the punishment he had, respected it even. But she also understood that politics often got in the way of practicality. And if Joshua had been a Sentinel at one point he was obviously a valuable asset for any Consilium. So as good idea as appearing to hang him out to dry politically might be, actually doing it practically was certainly a bad idea.

Thankfully she'd been right there when Ariadne and Joshua discussed where to meet.

She approached not long after Ariadne, catching the tail end of their conversation. "And I'm a Thyrsus, focused mainly in Life, umm...and a bit of Fate too. I'm kind of a people person, kind of a hands on person too. Oh, and I can heal!"

PRE

Joshua turns at the new voice, a little put off that he didn't notice the brunette coming up on them. Either she was really good or he was really distracted. One was help, one was hindrance. And either way she was here without having been asked. Having Ariadne here was stretching the "receive no aid" stricture thin enough as it was--but her, too? He could feel himself rapidly reaching a point where he was going to be censured for this day.

On the other hand. Finding and ending the Banishers was more important than his own reputation. Given that, it wasn't like he could just tell her "no" and have her go home. But, did she and Animus...? If she got hurt...

Somedays, the Moros thought, you just can't win for losing.

With a nod to the Shaman Joshua says, "Well, then, ladies. Given that's the case, are you both properly Shielded? What Sights do you have up? We want to be sure we get a good spread of information, here."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne smiles as she hears Triquetra and turns her head to see her too. The more the merrier.

"Hey" She looks back ahead as they walk keeping an eye out. "I have Mind physical shield up and Prime sight. A shield for my mind wouldn't hurt though." She says the last sentence as an after thought.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread