Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Picking up the Package

S
    Spartan

Spartan gets out his truck and walks toward Xian He's. He was excited about what was to come but his face remained stoic. He hoped that Xian He had kept his word. A new spear, a new weapon was a big deal to a Spartan warrior. The weapon must not only be an extension of the man's arm but also his heart.

Spartan walked in the store and waited for the Lost Merchant to come out to meet him.

Xian He stands behind his counter. His eyes light up when he sees Spartan enter.

"Ah, I'll be right with you, my friend."

Stepping into the backroom, the crane merchant returns with a musty package in his hands. Unwrapping layers of cloth, the Hedgespinner reveals what appears to be a rusty and mold-covered antique gladius.

S
    Spartan

Spartan looks to the Gladius, "Looks like something my Ancestor used, when he was a child." Spartan did not look pleased or impressed. "What are playing at Merchant."

Xian He narrows his eyes at first, then gives Spartan a wide smile.

"Do not let appearances deceive you, my friend. It is rumored that the secrets for constructing this particular weapon were stolen from the great Hannibal, himself. He was a mighty general of a distant freehold who helped close seven terrible gateways through which Fae armies poured. More is contained within the weapon than what one sees. Hannibal was famed for adapting his tactics to the adversaries he fought, and this weapon is emblematic of his versatility. But please, do not take my word for it... see for yourself, my friend."

The crane merchant walks over and locks the front door as he speaks, before returning to the counter. He gestures toward the weapon, urging Spartan to activate it.

S
    Spartan

Spartan Picks up the Gladius and pushes some of his Glamour to it. Activating it all and increasing its Lethality. The spear grew to its full length and Spartan was awestruck. The Spear was beyond his wieldest. He was more then please. "Xian He, I am... without words." Spartan said as the spear balanced perfectly in his hand.

The Spear

The Hedgespinner can't help but smile with pride at Spartan's speechlessness.

"I'm glad you like it, my friend. Use it wisely... for, it was made within the eye of a raging Hedge storm and holds the raw elemental power of the heavens. Wind, Rain, Thunder, and Lightning will aid you, but you must invoke them before you enter into battle with this Heavenly Spear. In a dire emergency, you may call upon its power without the use of any Glamour, but doing so shall cause it's Thorns to slowly drink the very life from you. Do you understand?"

S
    Spartan

"I do Xian-He" Spartan said as he willed the weapon to return to its dormant form. "I will honor your work by using this weapon to spill the blood of our enemies." Spartan gives the merchant a salute of respect. "Any other words of wisdom?"

"Well, my friend... since you mention it, yes."

Xian He tells Spartan how much the Ogre owes him for the spear, reminding him that it is half what the crane merchant would normally charge for such an exquisite weapon. It is a lot of money, but well within the Bloodbrute's means.

S
    Spartan

Spartan just nods as he pays the Crane Merchant, "Thank you again Xian-He. If you are ever in need of my assistance please let me know." Spartan says and prepares to exit the store unless Xian-He needs anything else.

"Thank you, my friend. I will."

There is a glint in the Beast's beady eyes. Xian He smiles at Spartan as the Ogre exits his shop.

End Scene

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.