"Uhh...." Melissa groaned as she sat up from the floor, thick carpet between her fingers. "Crazy bitch...What the hell was she going on about?" She shook her head as she stood up, her hair curiously still combed perfectly in place since the night before. Her memories of the night before were hazy. She remembered packing up to get away from that insane red head before she came crashing into the apartment then biting her.

Her eyes went wide as her hands raced up to her neck, failing to see the black nail polish or the fact it wasn't chipped away anymore. She gave a sigh when she didn't feel any tear marks or anything.Weird... She shook he head and went for the door leading outside, she stopped when she saw a twisted looking knife jabbed into the hard wood, pinning a note to it. She got closer to read it.

GREAT IMPORTANCE! Gaze at the food table before making your leave. Do it less others TRy to butcher your corpse.

Take the blade with you before you are gone. Fun for you and no one else.

"...The hell?" It was not everyday someone got a death threat via paper stabbed into a door, at least as far as Melissa was aware in this day and age. Rather than risk whatever doom would befall her if she ignored it, she went into the kitchen.

When she got there, the table was a mess of papers, a few credit cards and a small pile of poorly laid out dollar bills spilling from her handbag along with a small cheap lighter. In the middle of the mess was a single piece of paper separate from the clutter. Guessing that was the one that psycho girl wanted her to read first, she picked it up and read it.

Things grow complicated for me over the long darkness. Things change faster than this one can keep up. My plans slip away in my fingers faster than I can react. Its a terrible thing for one whose mind looks like mad dogs went on a rampage and tore up the beauty within, even if I can see past the walls and into what we were never meant to know.

But in this, I think you could do better. Where I would laugh and cry, you would command and control. Where I wOULd teAR those fools apart, you would have others do for you. My blood is yours, and this will all make sense to you soon. Follow the bloody road on the map and take all you see, even that on the table.

-Cassandra Grey

Also. Check your teeth, Enjoy the surprise Childe.

Think her spelling could use some work. She checked the paper back on the table and felt around her mouth. It felt normal until she toucher her canines. Great. Bitch put fake fangs on me. "Haha, funny." She muttered before turning around and made her way into the bathroom. No way in hell was she gonna walk out of here with those things stuck to her teeth.

She flicked on the light and nearly froze on the spot when she looked at the mirror. From where she stood, it looked like someone smeared Vaseline on the mirror just to make her look blurry. "What is up with this place now?" She muttered as she walked up, grabbed a few pieces of toilet paper and tried to wipe it away. As she tried, she couldn't seem to get it off. When she moved to the left, it seemed to leave, but only cover where she was in the image. She experimented for a second before seeing that it wasn't going away. She banged her fist against the porcelain sink before seeing another note just below the tap.

Forsaw you coming in here. This one mentions blood, fangs have entered your mouth and your visage is almost gone from this hunk of glass. USE THAT PEA YOU CALL A BRAIN AND MAKE THE DOTS GO TOGETHER!

-Cassandra

Also, tear and burn these notes before you take up the blade. The others will not like you if you don't. You will WANT them to like you.

Mellisa stopped read as that hazy started to lift from her mind. She was there on the floor, Cassandra digging her teeth into her neck, then pulling out a knife and force feeding her blood. That though got her smiling, even if she knew she should have felt disgusted. Then there was nothing but agony and then darkness.

She stood there for a few minutes, just starring at that piece of paper. Her body locked ridged as her mind forced itself just to process every detail about what had happened, why everything just felt cold and distant...And why she was starting to feel kinda hungry for something.

She slammed her fists on the edge of the sink and grabbed the note, heading into the kitchen while glaring at the mess in front of her. [i]Fine, if what she freaking said was true, she had better have a good reason for it that makes sense. And with that she began going through the pages and pieces of scrap before her.

Some of it was pure nonsense, cries about black owls and red worms. Some of it made more sense though of quality of advice was dubious at best, such as the post it note that explained what to do if you were surrounded by psychotic bums. (It consisted of the word STAB over and over, much to her chagrin) and others she was not sure about but seemed better written than the others that seemed to explain the local hierarchy and more about her undead state.

After reading it all, she came to two last pieces, a map of sacramento with a large red circle on it and the helpful words Go here unless you want your nights to be short. and another telling her once again to burn all paper except the map once she was done (and to be very careful since it was going to be hard)

Hard? What is so hard about burning paper? she thought as she grabbed the knife from the door and put the note that came with it and picked up the lighter...

--------------

Melissa emerged from her bedroom, fingers digging into her temple as she kicked the door shut. "Seriously Cassandra. Screw you." She muttered while she tried to compose herself. She sorted through the things she knocked over in her blind panic and deposited them into her handbag.

Lets see this competition she kept babbling about. she thought as she closed the door behind her and locked it, taking her first steps into eternity.