Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Carthian Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

PRE

"You know what? Fuck this dumb shit," Argent says, sitting up as he continues.

He glances at the door, making sure it's closed.

"We need to go shank Culler while he's nursing his kicked nuts and seize his Domain."

PRE

"What about joining together and protecting the domain where we currently have feeding rights in exchange for say Tenant rights and increased access to the best hunting spots. Somebody is bound to take a shot at us because of our numbers and try to weaken us and put us on our knees. If we work with the Regent to protect the domain from poachers, Hunters, the homeless and the Brood, we have a supply base in case any of the other covenants wants to go to war against us. Also if we can show that a true social contract, giving Kindred full rights in a domain and allowing them to benefit from the work they put in to make the area successful, we have a chance to show that our ideals are right."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara does her best not to smirk at Lenny; apparently he has a nervous tick with his eyebrow. She's about to thank Argent for voicing her own concerns about the homeless plan, when he ruins it by opening his mouth again and attempting to deep throat his own ankle. The slight smile disappears, and she rubs her temples.*

Mr Argent, the incident in the alley not withstanding, you can not stab all your problems away. And current political problems or not, the former Reeve has more allies then you're counting on, not to mention anyone he's given Tenancy to. I doubt they would be happy about a sudden change of land lords. Should the Prince decide to revoke his Regency, then we can make a move for control.

We could always invest in the Barrens. Set up businesses and homes, turn the area into a viable feeding and influence area. It would take time, but the Movement would control most of the influence in the area, making it harder for outsiders to muscle in...

And yes, these ideas are only contingency. As I said, leave the problem to the Deputies and whomever fancies themselves Reeve at the moment. But if the choice is between a war with crazed hobos or a, uhh, "media shit storm", I'd rather take my chances with the option that doesn't wield road flares. no one is going to listen to a bunch of crazed street people, especially if Mr Hall's idea of making a good portion of them drug-addled and incoherent.
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

"I agree with Ciara. If we invest in the Barrens and make them our project, it stands to reason that we are also going to benifit from that as well. Hell I am an Architect so there are a few ways I can apply myself there with ease. I am used to dealing with town planning, licencing and urban re-development projects. Just take a look at the Park Hill Estate Regeneration project. I was asked by Sheffield Council to design that. Along with someone in the Barrens working on police influence, crime influence. Working together we can solidify our position there and a claim to them."

Wyatt Pauses Breifly and surveys the room.

"We have just re-banded, at this point in time we need to pull together and work together as a team. Have respect for each other and help each other out with the movements plans. We really cant afford to start arguing amongst ourselves or by squabbling with each other. Lets hit the ground running and show the prince that he has not made the wrong choice."

He pauses again as he looks around the room.

"Trying to chip away other peoples influence or badly thought out plans that are going upset people are going to be counter productive. Rather than short term lets think Mid to long term. Rather. Hence why the Barrens would be the perfect opportunity."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

PRE

"The development of the 'Barrens' is a solid long term idea, something to develop once we actually have a power base in the city. If there is a coming conflict we need to stay in the Red and we can't do that in the 'Barrens' right now. While long term goals are a great idea, we have the advantage right now, we need to make a few moves that will give our long term plans a greater chance of success. For example if we remain at our current level of political status and even manage to make the Barrens into a realistic Domain, what stops the Prince from taking them from us and giving it to one of his toadies."

Wyatt thinks for a few moments.

"I suppose the only way to do that is to either get someone to allow us to bounce around in their back yard for our support or .... we take what we want from them. Which gets messy and the prince denied us the right to meet once before. I just think he is going to be less tolerant than he perhaps once was... I am open to suggestions really."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny was content to listen and even managed to refrain from smiling as Ciara kept moderating the discussion. As the talks continued first he looked at each person's reaction to Argent's suggestion before looking to the Daeva himself to see if he were serious. The sensible ruled though and again the subject turned until they were almost past a point that should be brought up.

"I beg your pardon, Miss Maskelyne but in your order of preferences -- the media or the road flare I believe, I think it unwise to so casually dismiss the First Tradition. Whether the indigents are believed or not it is still unwanted attention of the highest magnitude. Obviously someone amidst them is capable of being convincing or the problem would not exist and to risk so much on the gamble that they have lost that ability to be convincing is a bit... risky. Whatever we discuss here that may or may not be palatable to the Prince it is a foregone conclusion that none, including all the surrounding domains and their Princes, will forgive us of violating that First Tradition. The Masquerade will be kept," Lenny said firmly.

"I care not whether we decide to throw yokes and plows on the neonates and try to 'cultivate' the Barrens as they seem so enthusiastic about doing alothough I might add I find the notion foolish, if that is what is decided we shall do but such long term planning is more the forte of the Invicus.

"Mr. Hall, is not Dirge one of your cousins? She seems heavily involved in the homeless situation. It might be prudent for you to approach her with an offer of assistance as she so readily proved at Court that she is more than willing to be vocal and unbiased. She seems like a candidate more likely to welcome an offer from the Movement than Regent Culler and we at least have some tie to her through your Blood than to any of the others besides the samurai who seems impulsive at best and a back-stabbing glory-hound at worst."
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

It looked like this barren project was starting to get out of hand, it's time to try to reason those kids ... not that Amos was any older than them, just a little more realistic.

Hum ... I don't want to spoil your enthusiastic attitude, but this Barren development idea seem to a long, long, looooooooooonnnngggg term project. I know we're immortal and all that, but I think it would be better to keep this idea for later. And if you really want to develop something in the city, maybe starting in Arnoud's domain would be time better spent as it would benefit the Carthian movement as a whole.

Ok, hopefully that would do it and solve the problem. Let's think now, what's next ? Oh yes, the homeless.

Not with that out of the way, let's go back to the homeless problem. Now, I am not the most ancient kindred in this city, heck I am quite new to Sacramento. Which mean that my information is quite limited on the matter or at least not as developed as other there. That being said, I am curious to know how the homeless got wind on the vampire existance in the first place. Do they have special abilities that allow them to detect us ?

Another thing. The homeless, from what I heard in court, seem to possess a lot of weapon, enough to cause Arson in a whole city block. Do anyone think it would be a good idea to take some pictures or gather info about and relay them to the proper authorities ? So they get all their flaming stuff confiscated. You know, in the spirit of declawing the cat and all that. That's just a thought that crossed my mind. Just in case we are unable to use them against the brood.

Another thought crossed his mind.

" Also, I am afraid that with so many idea getting flung around the room that we might lose our focus. Maybe we should try to tackle the issues one by one. How about we focus on the homeless problem for the moment ? Then we can decide what to do on how to gather influence in the city, kick some brood ass, steal the candy from the nosferatu reeve or anything fun and usefull to the carthian you might came up with.

Wyatt sighs, well in his head anyhow. If he could breath he was sure he would have sighed at that point. Fools jump in where Angels fear to tread. Right now it sounded as if we were possibly going to jump.

"Forgive me, I, Like Amos do not know much of the situation with the homeless. I know one thing... It is not our problem." Wyatt looks around the room.

"Sure under the first tradition it is, We should do what we can to assist the authoritys, we just should not go jumping in.... Lets ignore the actual direct situation and look at the citys solution. The Prince has assigned people to deal with this problem. If we charge in, we get in the way and line ourselves up to be cannon fodder when the designated partys fail there task. When the prince wants answers their natural response to save their asses is that the Carthians got in the way."

Wyatt continues to look around the group, addressing the group rather than any one individual.

"If we direclty look at the homeless problem... The only way they got the knowledge and the ability to fight us was because someone is feeding them with information and weaponry. The homeless population are poor. No way can they afford weapons and no way would they choose weapons over food, drink or drugs. The city needs to find the puppet master to combat this situation properly."

Wyatt pauses again to allow people a breif moment to think.

"I suggest we aid the authoritys if they need us to. Lets not go jumping in and get gang banged by the powers that be when they fail and blame us."

PRE

Thomas was beginning to become frustrated with the meeting. "I would like to approach the Regent who has given us feeding rights with whoever we choose as Prefect and anyone one else who is willing to join with my idea. My plan is simple, to offer him a social contract between the willing members of our movement and himself for the safety and security of us all. Anyone willing to shoulder the responsibilities to keep the domain safe and work to make it a successful place gains the right to make a haven there, to improve their own existence by gaining influence in area, to hunt in the best locations." He pauses for a second.

"As individuals we can go from Regent to Regent and offer ourselves as slaves or beg on our knees for scraps like dogs, or we can join together and collectively bargain a deal of our abilities for the rights we earn. As individuals our efforts will only benefit the Master we serve but together we have enough bargaining power to be able to reap the fruits of our labor and make sure that we do not get screwed. We all have chosen to join this Movement and our existence is hard and unforgiving. We could have become the lackey of our elders and never have to think for ourselves again but no we each chose the hard path because of our ideals. If successful my plan validates many of those ideals, it spites in the face of the old ways and shows that kindred can be citizens and that the Carthian Movement is strong, united and a force that needs to be listened to.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread