Ended
Watch

Carthian Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    D
    Divinity

"Is there no current Prefect? Do we have a Myrmidon to deal with internal matters and bear the burden of the Movement's weight on their shoulders?" Lucia interjected as they played volleyball with the position of Prefect. "Just sayin', I don't know much about you guys yet and here you are asking us all to decide who is an appropriate leader. Is collectivism alive and well here? Are there any experiments going on to speak of? Where are we at now. Maybe that'll help us figure out where to go movin' on out from here. I don't even know if any of you are coterie'd up or if we're all just individualist loners. Word on the street is, I'm not the only new kid on the block, so I'm sure some others would want to know."

She leaned forward, elbows on the table, waiting to hear what would be said.

NOS
    PRE

Michael watches as Mr. Pope nominates Ciara as Prefect for their covenant and isn't too surprised. I was going to nominate her myself had no one else said anything. I'm glad Lucia is asking more about the status of where everyone is rather than just being focused on titles.

"I don't know about the others but I can tell you Ms. Vega that I've been working with the Senechal in regards to handling the homeless hunters within the city as well as investigating the mononucleosis spreading amongst mortals and killing some of them along with Mr. Rodriguez." he says nodding to Amos. "For a while it has been individualist, but then again, prior to the last Court, we were not allowed to gather amongst our covenant and so it was hard to really discuss anything with the Keeper or anyone else for that matter without feeling like you were being watched. It appears now though that those stages are in the process of starting again. I would say that with the help of Mr. Pope in reinstating the other three banned covenants that that was an excellent step towards collectivism."

If he didn't want Prefect..perhaps Myrmidon would be good for him. These two seem most favored by the Prince and others and so publicly it would be good for them to represent us.

PRE

Thomas listened to both speakers and was glad that someone other than himself wished that the meeting would focus on actual planning and information rather than competition for titles. When the man, whose name he did not yet know, finished speaking Thomas waited a few seconds to process his words before opening his mouth.

"I would agree with the lady and gentleman, while naming a Prefect is important, we first need to decide what goals we should pursue in this city and discuss how those goals can be achieved. As important as the office of Prefect is, it is still an office dedicated to the objectives of the Movement and if we don't have any objectives, if we are strangers to each other, then the title of Prefect is merely a hallow title. I would ask that we put off the election of one of our number to that position until later in the night, after we've all had our chance to have our voices heard in the discussion of the important issues facing us in this city."

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny's expression did not change a bit but inwardly he sighed and felt a pang of disappointment.

As if to mock him, this phoenix Covenenant risen from the ashes of Bennett's Folly began the exact same way as the one before it. They would endelessly debate agendas, setting aside any form of leadership who could guide and prioritize those goals. They would hide behind the excuse of not knowing one another, as if another twenty minutes of each person bragging and lying would somehow bridge the gap from strangers to qualified candidates. They would prattle about solidarity while eying one another suspiciously and jockeying for their personal goals and agendas. They would accuse one another of title-grabbing just to appear as if they weren't, themselves. They would waste the opportunity for quick, decisive action while the Invictus reeled and the esoteric Covenants were still beating their wings dry.

All of this has happened before...

...and it will all happen again.

How many meetings just like this one and just like the one before could he endure before he followed Arnoud's lead and simply stopped caring?

"I was chosen to be Myrmidon by the previous iteration," he answered Lucia with the same polite, friendly smile. "As none of those that selected me remain, I haven't really claimed to still hold the position."
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

PRE

More focus on titles...

"Mr. Pope, if you are not chosen as our Prefect would you be adverse to continuing in the position of Myrmidon? You have the experience and your recent success in getting this Covenant reinstated should give you the respect needed to fulfill the duties of the role."

The Mekhet leaned forward for the first time in the meeting and reached his right hand to his face and removed his sunglasses.

"I have a few ideas for how we can gain status for our Covenant in the city. The first is to take action on one of these problems and solve it. The Gentleman here, I did get your name, seems to be familiar with at least two of the problems facing the city. Right now the other Covenants are in disarray, we alone have the numbers to put ourselves out there and deal with these problems. I would offer any assistance I can give in this area. Oh by the way I am Thomas O'Connor of the Mekhet, no longer a stranger." He smiled and looked at the faces in the room, hoping that his attempt to get the meeting on track wouldn't be ignored.

Amos was kind of disapointed that the question of titles came so soon, better to organize the covenants first into a cohesive force. But then he heard Michael talking and especially that new mekhet thomas who seemed to understand the better course of action. He nods in approval to his speech.

" Well spoken Senor Thomas. It would do the Movement good if we could shine in the domain by purging it of one or more of the problems that have been plaguing it for a long time. Michael told you about the disease that is spreading into the city and threathens our blood supply. He and I are working on this at the moment like he said, and we would welcome any help you could provide in this matter. If we can manage to stop this as a covenant, it would bring great prestige to the Carthians."

He stops for a moment, thinking of what he could say next.

" There is also the issue of the homeless who knows about our existance and seem hellbent on sending us to our final death. The domain is also plagued by a heavy brood presence which is a threat not only to the power that be but also to ourselves. Doing something there could be good too. And then, there is also the 'small' issue of people going crazy and changing their diet to human flesh and corpses.

As you can see, there are many problems that needs to be tackled. We could work on all of them at once by spreading our effort or we could focus on just one or two of them, hoping to solve them ASAP and being the first to gain the prestige that goes along with solving the problem.

We could discuss for hours on who's the best fit for such and such position including prefect, but that's not gonna happen until we learn a little something about each other and how to complement each of our combined skills and who would be the best fit to lead us. And the best way to do this is through action, by doing something together. That way, any vamp with strong leadership abilities will naturally come to the top.

Maybe we should start by learning a little something about each other, not the whole story mind you, I understand the need for privacy and that some things cannot be told to stranger... especially when you're a vampire."

Being sired by brood vampires, he knew something about this. He sure did not want to spoil too publicly.And the others Carthians had probably a skeleton or two in their closet, like any good vampire.

Senor thomas here has started by declaring his belonging to the mekhet clan. That means some ability to see and remain unseen. Being a mekhet myself, I have mastered a few tricks myself in that departement. So both Thomas and I could work by doing some information gathering stuff. I also knows how to handle a gun and have some skills in how to survive in foreign urban environment."

He turns to each of the vampires present.

" What about the rest of you ? "

Wyatt enters the meeting quickly, clearly looking as if he has just rushed. He was still quitely and quickly speaking in an oriental language on his mobile phone as he entered the door. Shit! I am late.. he thought to himself. Trying to be quiet so that Kim could hear him and so he did not distirb the meeting [Japaneese] "Kim, Get it done for close of business tomorrow please. See you later." [/Japaneese] He quickly hangs up the phone and places it in his pocket.

Noticing a crowd of faces suddenly looking at him Wyatt smiles nervously.

"Sorry I am late. I was in LA. Just got back this evening and Kim told me about the meeting. Apologies."

Wyatt quickly trys to find a seat, hoping he would blend into the crowd.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

D
    Divinity

Lucia's eyes drifted to the newcomer and gave a 'whatever' look, like she didn't much care that anyone was late. She looked to the rest of them after Amos finished, then leaned back in her chair.

"I'll go next if no one else is ready to share," she looked around again quickly. "I'm Lucia, my sire's a Bishop from Mexico, I've lived in Phoenix the majority of the past century and southern Texas before that. I'm a fan of collectivism, and I like performance. In the tradition of collectivism I'll probably join or start up a local performance club. I like watchin' political experiments, even ones I don't agree were good ideas."

NOS
    PRE

After Lucia speaks Michael turned to everyone to take his turn. "My apologies to those I did not introduce myself to. I am Michael Hall of the Nosferatu clan. I'm originally from Georgia. I was a Black Panther in my mortal days and so political tension is something I am familiar with but then again...I imagine most of you are so I won't minimize your experiences too long with my past. I am just glad that we are able to speak again to each other in an open forum and am eager to begin discussing business..even if it means just getting them in motion for the most part." he leans back in his chair and waits for the next person to introduce themselves.

PRE

"Prattling on your phone to some lick doesn't make you look important or excuse your tardiness," Argent sniffed at Wyatt.

"For shame, you think talking to some bloodbag is more important than presenting yourself in a decent manner to your fellow Kindred... tch, tch."

Turning back to the others, Argent flashed a dazzling smile. "I am Argent, of the Daeva, and I have no interest in any of these jobs. This performance club, though, this sounds like fun."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread