The streets were dark and empty as Thomas walked fast towards anywhere and nowhere, his steps pounding the pavement with near abandon as thoughts of past nights filled his head. His senses were heightened as usual, thus he could hear the footsteps begin to follow his own, they seemed to belong to a man about his size. The person was breathing hard, straining to keep up with the Mekhet even without use of the vampire's supernatural abilities.

Thomas decided to deal with this problem while they were still in an area where nobody seemed to be paying attention. He turned into the next alley and crept up close to one of the walls, pretending to open the zipper on his slacks. The other man entered the alley and moved directly behind the vampire, with about an arms length between the two. The Mekhet's heightened senses allow him to hear the click of revolver and he can almost feel the arm extend with the gun out. He plays dumb and moves to his right, putting himself between the gunman and the closest exit out of the alley.

"Hold it, stop, hand it over. Your cash, your wallet, hand it over." The robber is a young man in his early 20's, he doesn't look like a street person or a gangbanger and seems unsure of himself. Thomas pegs the kid, correctly, as a down on his luck regular person and decides to simply calm the guy down and end things before anything happens.

"Relax man, stay calm. Look I don't have anything, I'm just a normal working stiff just like you, I take the bus and live in a one bedroom shithole. I don't have anything to take." The vampire hopes that the 'workers of the world unite' routine will work and he doesn't have to hurt the young man. For his part the young man continues to aim the piss weak 38, a damn Saturday Night Special, at the Mekhet.

"Don't give me that bullshit, you've got something, you.... you... have to have something." Thomas opens his mouth to reply but before he can a sudden shot rings out. For a second the would be robber seems just as shocked as the vampire by the smoke slowly drifting away from the barrel of the gun. Thomas quickly searches himself for a bullet wound, wondering if his undead condition might be the reason he did not feel the slug. After a couple of seconds of checking himself, the Mekhet realizes that he never got hit at all and the suddenly ashen faced gunman seems to be relieved that his accidental shot missed.

Yet as the vampire feels his prize leather jacket, he notices a rip and realizes that bullet missed his body but still tore a hole in his coat. "Fucking son of a fucking two bit whore, you shot my fucking jacket. This jacket..... I love this jacket..... it has sentimental value... a lot of sentimental value." The gunman can read the anger in Thomas' eyes and turns and begins to run down the alley, sprinting as if his very life depended on how fast his legs could carry him, which it very well might.

Thomas starts to run in pursuit and follows his hapless robber as he turns right at a fork in the alley, avoiding trashcans and boxes just like a seasoned cop from a 70's detective show. The irony is not lost on the vampire who shouts to try and distract the other man. "Motherfucker when I catch you I'm gonna beat you like Huggy Bear beats a hoe." The gunman turns his head and his face is filled with complete and utter confusion. Unfortunately for him his feet are still running, at least until one of them meets with a piece on trash laying on the ground and the would be robber loses his footing and crashes head first into a trash can.

The Mekhet almost breaks out laughing at the young man's misfortune but soon sees the chance to feed. He scans the alley with his heightened senses and finds that the two are alone and grabs the woozy robber from behind and sinks his fangs into the young man's neck. After drawing enough blood to appease his hunger, Thomas licks his neck and closes the wounds, leaving the robber on the ground with one heck of a bad headache.

"Damn kid, you need to take care of that concussion, those things will mess up your head. Also give up the crime business, you're terrible at it, so get a job or run for congress or something like that."