Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Church of the Seraphim

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Another Perception roll, please. No penalty this time.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

I got nothin'

PRE

3sux

"Oh, you can bring whatever you like... it's pot luck. But, if you're not very good in the kitchen, we also accept modest donations... Regardless, we never turn away a hungry mouth."

The only thing that Faith and Rust notice is the reddening of Emily's cheeks at the less reserved Summer Courtier's words.

"Well... um, if that's all... I guess I'll see you later? I really need to finish setting up for the evening service, but I do hope to see tonight. Both of you."

Emily starts to raise a hand in farewell as she smiles shyly at the man before her, then drops it back to her side as she gives his jealous girlfriend an awkward half-smile. Turning, she stops and looks around the room for a moment.

"Owen? Owen, where'd you get to, now?"

PRE

Rust nods, and back peddles for the door, walking quicker then normal. Once outside he sighs and turns to lean on his truck.

"That, that was not what I expected."
    Lion eyes search the gravelly lot "Can you cook?" He suddenly asks. His Elemental curse pulls out any bit of humor in the asking.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith follows Rust Mane outside, throwing the creepy church a final nervous look over her shoulder. Once outside, she listens to the King's assessment. And then the question... Oh, lordy lord, the question. "What?..." She isn't sure how to respond, and really, what self-respecting Summer would be?

A second later, however, she answers him, with a 'stop' motion of her hand. "Wait, wait. You're not actually thinking of f**king going, are you? Pot luck? Sermon?" An exasperated sigh. "You just want to see the girl again, don't you?" The way she says 'girl' sounds... mocking. Like any minute she's going to sing out 'Rusty's in luuuuuve' for all to hear.

PRE

Rust snaps his attention on Faith and frowns. Lions are amazingly good at frowning. "Um, no. Their Paster has a bible that foretells the future. I want to see it." Rust nods as if that answered everything. "They are not bad people. Just ignorant of the truth to things. I thought I should at least see if we can protect them from, you know."

"Protect them from what?"

Rust and Faith are both surprised by the voice of a thirteen-year-old boy. He seemingly appears out of nowhere. Even in the bright daylight, what shadows do exist seem to cling to the pale young boy as he turns his head from Rust to Faith.

"You have a potty mouth."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith starts to answer the Lion-man. "Hey, I never sai-". The words are interrupted before she has an opportunity to finish that thought. Instead, she jumps and starts to whirl around, startled by the kid's appearance. A gasp accompanies the motion, instead of the typical swear. Which either means she's really, really startled, or something blocked her swear-o-meter.

She puts a hand to her chest, to steady her breathing after that brief surge of adrenaline. Dammit, someone was going to get punched, sneaking up on people like that. "And you're real f**king nosy, kid," she answers him. A small part of her (a very small part) hopes that accusation will be enough to get him off the subject of what Rust was saying. The rest of her just feels like berating the kid.

The little boy just stares at Faith with large, curious eyes. There is a look of satisfaction on his face, as if she had just proven him right. After a few moments, he turns his grey eyes back to Rust.

"Protect them from what?"

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread