Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(0907) Carthian Meeting

Began Jun 1, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny walked in and took a look around, taking time to note the survival gear and other things. It seemed like at least one person was prepared for Armageddon. He took the seat closest to the door, next to Arnoud, just to make the little weasel squirm.

He looked down at the tube and asked, "So what's that? A hex map to play dungeons and dragons on?"
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

A slow blink. A mind desperately trying to kick back in. Bloodcrazed undead demonpossessed psychokiller within three feet not helping. I bet you say that to all your food. No, that wouldn't go over too well. Don't antagonize the crazies.

"I'm surprised you know of the game. Lenny." the last word obviously added as an afterthought.
    "But please continue, you were telling us about yourself."

Taylor laughs at the joke, despite how blatantly corny it is. He takes a seat with the other movement members and looks around, his eyes finally coming to rest on the tube which Arnoud brought after Lenny brought attention to it. Cutting in before Lenny could reply to Arnoud's question, Taylor speaks up. "I played some D&D back in the day, lots of fun." He leans in, a sly and humored look on his face as he archs his eyebrow at Arnoud. "So, you going to bust out the d20 -- or was Lenny just getting my hopes up?"

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack took a seat at the table and started rubbing his eyes. OK, I have two paranoid Daeva that look like they would be better suited sitting in their havens with enough firepower to blow apart Wolfs than actually helping the people. Great. At least Taylor and Lenny seem to be friendly and have common sense. He leaned back and watched the others talk. There was one question in the back of his mind that was starting to irrirtate him.

What the hell is dungeons and dragons?

L
    Laufrey

Stephen smiles at Lenny's joke and even chuckles at Taylor's as he sits down. "So I guess a Carthian RPG club is in order. That's a first for me." He leans back back in his chair and considers the relaxing a little as he's evidently forgetting being angry. He looks over each for several moments getting a gauge of them as well as noting how they're dressed as he lets any conversation flow about him.

*Activating Auspex: Aura Perception*

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

((You Have to roll to activate it Laufrey))

L
    Laufrey

OOC: Sure thing, just as soon as I get everyone's composure's via DD as the mods to the rolls.

((ST Note: Everyone please PM to me your character's emotional states at this point in time. Please refer to the description of Auspex 2 (Aura Reading) for some ideas as to aura color and so forth))

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm afraid Lenny has been getting your hopes up, stringing you along, Taylor."

Yes, nice and vague. That might get Taylor to reconsider his current predicament. Or at least give him pause. After all, why would I say something like that unless I knew what I was talking about? Though Taylor might not be cautious enough to think that way...

The bastards are talking in code and I have no inkling as to what they are saying. Dungeons and Dragons? Dungeons - incarceration, underground, hidden... Dragons - fearful enemies, mythical creations, the Ordo Dracul... D&D is a role-playing game, are they saying they used to be spies? Perhaps they still are spies... D&D evolved from a war simulation, are they saying this is a hostile situation? Are they going to take us out?
    God. Damn. It.

Stephen was already giving them the Staring Eye, was it to gauge their intentions or did he already know and was he gauging their battle readiness so he knew the perfect time to strike at Jack and me? Why wasn't Jack intervening anyway, was he part of it too? That didn't make any sense, Arn hadn't done anything wrong to any of these men... Except he had blocked Taylor's advance through the ranks and had deigned to advise Stephen. Stephen would probably have been coerced easily enough and would Jack sacrifice his morals for political power and continued existence? You'd better believe it! No, Jack wouldn't stand against Stephen, Taylor and "Lenny" for Arn's sake. Is that why Jack called Arnoud "Arn" when he first saw him today? Trying to get him in a relaxed mood? Had Arn been led here like a lamb to the slaughter? But then why had Jack edited the notice in such a fashion, that didn't make any sense. And Stephen seemed genuinely pissed off about it, this really was his haven. Thinking about Stephen-

A blink of sheer disbelief. Was Stephen giving him the Staring Eye?

"Would you stop that?" Arnoud only barely manages to keep his volume down, it's obvious he was that close from jumping out his seat and it seemed equally likely Arnoud would have let out a panicked scream.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

Jack twisted his head towards Arnoud, eyes fixed on him like glacers ready to start crashing down on the Vampire. "Mate, no offence but can you please calm the fuck down and relax." Damm, Jack knew some members of the Movement were volitile, but that just came out of nowhere. His gaze relaxed as he turned his attention back to everyone. "OK, whats with the evil eye Stephen?" His voice didn't sound cold, just curious.

Page 3 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread