Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
121 - 130
DISPLAYED
(0907) Carthian Meeting

Began Jun 1, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Well that's the first good move the movement has made all night.

Being elected to the position of Myrmidon was an honor Taylor had always dreamed of from the nights being instructed by his sire. The idea of actually being such a powerful individual within the covenant made him feel amazing, and that sincere smile just wasn't cutting it to show his reaction.

Figuring he should say something, Taylor speaks up. "I've seen my share of unfairness and persecution coming from others. I vow to do my absolute best to arbitrate fairly and serve as a guardian to impartiality." He looks around the table, giving each person a smile and nod. "To those of who cast their votes for me, thank you. And for those who voted otherwise, I hope to live up to your expectations for this position. Thank you."

Taylor sits back down and looks to Jack.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

"Well, congratulations Myrmidon. I hope you make good on your new position." Jack said as he watched the man/Woman accept his/her new position. He really needed to find out what Taylor was at some point.

"Anyway, unless anyone has anything else to bring up right now, This meeting will be adjourned until the next one. You all have some idea what to do to bring the Movement in stride with the other Covenants and I am confident you all will do so." He hoped that wrapped everything up in a nice little package until the next chaotic meeting.

"Thank you Prefect Jack."Taylor pulls a pen out of his blazer's inner pocket along with a small pad of post-it notes. He jots his phone number down on the sheet, and slaps it down in the center of the table. "Also, if you don't have my number already -- please record it now. If any of you ever need me, for any reason, don't hesitate to call."

L
    Laufrey

Stephen raises his hand and in only a half shocked tone does he say, "Yea there's more. Less we've got a bunch of lazy bastards with more important things to do than figure out, one what we're striving for, even a fucking inkling I mean without a cause we're just a band of rabble. Two, get a cohesive and agreed upon plan to get shit done. So far," He motions to Lenny, "he's offered to fund us which has had little appreciation." Moving to indicate Taylor, "while he's offering to house us and I'm willing to arm us yet I'm a little unclear on the other three two of which are present. We could guess but why not draw lot's?"

He'd leaned forward while talking, his voice held an even keel throughout yet held a quality to indicate the importance of what he was saying. "In addition to all that most of us have just arrived into a city which has just been under an attack, my guess is by a group of some kind and we're fixated on the regular politics of a city." He shakes his head, "That's a necessary change if I ever knew one as who's to say tomorrow the same attack occurs and it doesn't matter a lick of who we've impressed or what we bought?"

He sits back as his voice had started to take on that passionate tone and he obviously realized. "But whatever, I'd hate to keep people from more important stuff than being a lame duck without any idea who to call for what because I didn't take some time to talk in the finite time I have." With that and by his tone he's obviously done and just waiting to see how the others respond. One thing can be certain he's either a gifted actor or believes in what he's just said.

Jack Bennett
    Jack Bennett

PRE

If jack took take a deep breath and sigh, he would in reflex. As it is, he didn't need air. He just wanted this meeting to end, but it looked like there was no sight of that. "OK them Mate. Q and A for you."

"Everyone has already stated what they are going to do to support the Movement or have already stated how they normally do so. I for one am going to make sure that I keep the heat from the other Covenants never touches us while we get set up properly to launch an experiment."

"If you or anyone here have a interest in the attacks, you can look into it. Just be damn careful and remember to keep your heads down and report your findings to The Prince. The Invictus are likely investigating since they will have little time getting back in business. The Ordo, Lancea and Crone might be busy with reconstruction. Arnould, Since you have shown a knack for doing this sort of thing, this might be something you might want to do." And distract yourself from assassinations too.
    He added mentally.

"Now, Does that answer your questions Stephen or do you need more detail?" The Invictus was starting to look better by this point. Hell, the Lancea was starting to as well and he never understood their religious need to worship the man that stabbed Jesus.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

This might very well have to go down in history as "Arnoud's Best Night Ever".

Alright, Arnoud had messed up his first impression to the point where the Prefect wanted to see him after class and the Prefect now forgot or made a point of forgetting his name and some creepy strange Haunt with an unclear agenda now officially arbitrated whenever someone messed with him and one of the Carthians was a sick serial soulsucker that had been looking at him strange the whole meeting and those three might very well be the best Carthians Arnoud could work with given that the others were a noncommittal squishy and a sell-out opportunist.

Alright, so
    "Arnoud's Best Night Ever" would be an overstatement but something along the lines of "Arnoud's Most Agreeable Night Since He Came To Sacramento Two Weeks Ago" just wouldn't pack enough punch to describe the benefits of publically being asked by the Prefect to poke around wherever well he damned pleased so long he could justify it as somehow related to some kind of unknown attack. Man, he had difficulty thinking of how anything wasn't possibly related to the mysterious attack.

Best. Night. Ever.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny grinned. Just a little. That was a lot of talk coming from a neonate that was so fresh he still had his Sire's fangprints on him.

He had also come to the conclusion that Arn was going to sneak around the city no matter what anyone said, Taylor was the Movement's cheerleader; worthless, but something to look at, and Jack, Stephen, and himself were the only ones that would actually be productive.

One thing was for damn sure, he wasn't 'funding' anything that was going to be flushing money down the toilet.

"Listen," Lenny said. "Jack has given suggestions. Stephen has given suggestions. What we need to do, is pick one or two to focus on. Let's not kid ourselves. Whatever we tell him to do, Arn is just going to skulk around on his own anyway. So, going with what I said about domain-sanctioned activities and what Jack has suggested, I agree that Arn should be 'assigned' to look into the attack of whatever."

"Going with Stephen and Jack's suggestion, I'll poke around and start building intelligence and scout out the rack."

He finally looked at Jack and Stephen. "That leaves you two to quit dick waving and figure out what to do. This lame-ass passive aggressive shit is getting old. Figure. It. Out."

Otherwise, he should just follow Michael's example and leave.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Alright, talking like I'm not in the room, nice. And what's with the 'skulking around on his own' and 'assigning him' talk? I'm not some kind of leper-dog." Arnoud replied, his tone seemingly indifferent though a touch cold.

"I came here to help the Movement, not to be abused. And if that means I need to investigate some unknown threat to Kindred I'll do that. We can't all be Prefects and Myrmidons, Lenny, let it go already." he follows up, like he was summing up boring facts. This would have indicated some real backbone, if Arnoud had at least looked in Lenny's general direction instead of Jack.

Taylor visibly perked his eyebrow in a mix of interest and surprise of what Lenny said about Arnoud. It was a bit of an uncalled statement, and despite Arnoud's offish behavior -- that was no need to be rude. Should I say something as Myrmidon? No, petty disrespect is something best left to the Prefect. If it gets worse, I'll hop in.For now Taylor said nothing, he simply sat there waiting to see if it would end there or escillate.

L
    Laufrey

Stephen shakes his head at Jack and then shrugs at Lenny while he looks at Arnoud followed by Taylor. "Yea, sure everything makes sense now, thanks. I won't hold you guys up anymore or ask stupid silly questions about experiments or Covenant issues and just look into the city's attack. Sorry to be an inconvenience." His tone is decidedly remote and cold leaving an impression that a door has just been shut. He gets up and begins to move towards the office while saying, "I'm sure you can all find your way out when you're done." He can be seen making quick work of sealing up what little equipment was left undone giving the impression he's preparing to leave shortly.

Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread