Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting the Seneschal

Began Jun 1, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Mariel and Alastair went to the Chapter House, as directed by Rahyna.

Hmm, I guess Michael's not going to show.

Mariel knocked on the door...what there was of it.

J
    Jak

Alastair swept a look over the building Mariel had called the "Chapter House," and turned his gaze to her. He was still having some difficulty with her apparent youth. He wasn't used to being led about by a possibly teenage girl. However, he was grateful to her for taking him into her responsibility, and actual age was of course impossible to judge. However long her Requiem was so far, it was far longer than his.

Who is this Senechal? I assume I should be on my best behavior, of course.

Rahyna answers the broken door and sighs but smiles at the people standing outside the door "Hello I am Rahyna how may I help you."

J
    Jak

Alastair is struck by Rahyna's beauty, but manages to keep it from his face. He glances at Mariel, then back at the Seneschal. Do vampires only Embrace gorgeous people?

Naturally, he waits for Mariel to address Rahyna before saying anything himself.

Oh, it's you!! Mariel recognizes the woman from the recent Daeva party. You're Rahyna! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to speak with you at the party.

I'm Mariel, and this is Alastair. We might have another new friend join us; his name is Michael and he's also new in town. May we come in?

Rahyna steps aside and gestures the people in that are standing in front of her "Please come in." she smiles and leads them to the parlor after attempting to close the door "I really need to get that fixed" she says more to herself than anyone else.

After sitting down in the parlor she looks at Mariel "So I understand that one of your new friends is an orphaned neonate would this be him?"

J
    Jak

As they sit, Alastair takes a look at the parlor and recognizes through the film of disrepair that it once must have been quite elegant, if reserved.

Though grateful of all Mariel has done for him, he decides it is time he start exercising some independence. Not in all aspects of his new life of course; he was going to need some help for a while. But he had grown up in a family that had been an essential part of high society for more than a century--in a city that was still Old Southern in spirit, where politeness was more than a nicety. He felt he could handle such social situation such as this. Besides, Mariel didn't want to be his mother, did she? He could take some of the burden from her.

He decides to take a small risk and answer Rahyna despite the fact that her gaze was directed at Mariel. Yes, I believe I fit that description, Miss Rayhna, he said in his smooth drawl, unconsciously using the prefix applied in the South to all women, regardless of age or marital status. My name is Alastair Lacroix. Mariel has given me to understand that I haven't joined this world in the usual way. I sincerely apologize if this has caused undue trouble. Especially to two ladies as lovely as yourselves, gesturing to include Mariel.

He smiles, but somewhat grimly to indicate his very real sincerity.

"Please Mr. Lacroix have a seat and tell me what you know if anything about how you came to be a part of our family and what your plans are here in Sacramento." Rahyna smiles at the man "And you Mariel have you taken Mr. Lacroix under your wing do you vouch for his actions?"

Mariel arches her eyebrows. It appeared that the Southern Gentleman had a voice of his own. Good for him, she thought proudly.

I think his Sire may have been a Toreador, although of course it's too soon to tell. From what Alastair tells me, the Sire exhibited both high levels of Dominate and Majesty, she informed the new Seneschal.

I'd very much like him to remain in my charge, if that is acceptable. Mariel smiles at Alastair and Rahyna. I am also of the Toreador bloodline.

She looks at Rahyna with a smile. I also have another request of you, Madame Seneschal. Three members of the Lancea et Sanctum will be arriving soon, and have asked me to make arrangements for their rights in the city in advance. One is my own Mother Superior from San Francisco, and the two others are Inquisitors here on an internal matter.

She pauses, then continues. I would also ask that you convey to our leader that the servants of the local church were all lost in the recent unpleasantness, and ask for permission to bring in new workers.

Mariel looks steadily at Rahyna as she speaks, then flickers an eye in Alastair's direction, hoping that Rahyna will understand she doesn't want to use the word 'ghoul' while she's still trying to accustom Alastair to his new condition.

Rahyna quirks her eyebrow as Mariel as she rambles off all of her requests "Well first off lets slow down a second let us deal with our new member before getting into anything else" she smiles brightly at them both "Mr. Lacroix would you like to stay in the tutelage of Mariel until such time as she decides you are ready to be released to your own devices?" she the turns to Mariel "And you Mariel are you prepared to teach Mr. Lacroix all that he needs to know as a sire would to his childe?" Rahyna sits patiently and waits for the two of them to decide if they are to be suragate childe and sire.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread