Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
What is True Anymore?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

How much time has passed? Hard to say.

As Marconi wakes, his head pounding from the sedative; he finds himself in some trouble.
    He is rope tied to a metal chair. Cold air breezes in the vast darkness around him. Before the Mage is a table and a television. The word "Facts" is the only source of light.
    A gun being cocked is the only sound to break the silence.

R
    Rastl74

The room was dark... too dark. The TV ahead was his only source of light...

Man... My forking head. What the hell did they give me. This is worse than that time I got smashed on Mad Dog.

He rolls his head from side to side, trying to get the kink out. He must have been there for a while in that position for that kind of kink... like when you sleep on your neck funny at night.

He hears a gun being cocked in the darkness. He leans his head back and looks up into the darkness waiting for the "bang" to come... but nothing came.

I don't know who you are but you sure don't know how to get on a guys good side. Drugging him and tying him to a chair in a dark ass room is not what I'd call friendly or hospitable. Also, along that same line of thinking, I don't know what you've done with my car but remember this. You may beat me, kill me or torture me... but if you fuck with my car in the slightest way... I will haunt you from beyond the grave...

Marconi pauses for a moment.... testing the tightness of his bonds. When noone answer's his tirade, he continues.

Look if you aren't going to answer me, friggin untie me and let me go or shoot me or something. I'm not in the mood for puzzles, especially after that damned knockout juice. I've got the worst hangover ever.

Lots of thoughts flash through Marconi's head. Where is Zuse? WTF is the deal with the TV? Is that urine I smell?

It is.

The TV flicks and a new message appears.

"Kill him or you both Die."

A law light flicks on illuminating Zuse Passed out and chained to a metal chair. Around him are a lot of explosives. Another spot highlights a door 12 feet away, A fire Exit sign above it.

A click of metal on concrete, a pistol slides to Marconi's feet, the ropes holding Marconi down give way.

And the TV buzzes

Heartbeat

A standard Action is 3 seconds. Marconi has Three Actions as if in combat. Picking up the gun is a Standard action per core

R
    Rastl74

Everything flashed in front of Marconi's eyes at once. The lights, the gun, Zuse and the tv culminated in the sheer realization of trouble for both him and his long time friend.

Ten seconds huh? I've got ten seconds to decide how much my life-long friend means to me, and whether or not he means more than my own life.

No. Fuck that. Fuck them. Why would they drag me here to kill me in some elaborate way. They either have a sick sense of humor or are playing some kind of mind game that I have no patience for.

Marconi stood up and kicked the gun out of his way as he walked over to Zuse in his chair. Seeing his friend chained up like that really pissed him off. His gut wrenched and he felt the tears welling up from fear of the impossibility of their situation.

He knelt down in front of Zuse, grasping the chains that held him to the chair. In he peripheral vision he could see the piles of explosives all around.

I'm gonna get you out of here buddy, or die trying..., he whispered as he reached out to the supernal for power. He puts a hand down on the floor below and concentrates. He pictures the space beneath he and his friend, and a ring on the ground encircling the two of them. He feels the makeup of the cement below and feels as it begins to shift into a less dense material...

Dice Rolls

R
    Rastl74

Khalvin

Knowing what your trying to do and seeing your logic, it would really be mean of me to be stickler over this. Marconi and opt for sand over Styrofoam.

The floor gives way like sand in an hour glass.

Marconi feel empty air beneath him and his chained friend.

The fall is short, and it hurts. the sand still showers down into the darkness.

The air smells stale, old, and used. It's cold and damp.

Bang

What was dark is bright, what was cool now burns. Only for the briefest of moments. In that moment Marconi catches Zuse's face.

And it's not Zuse.

Rock now showers down, and someone upstairs is cursing.
    There is light above. But none below.

R
    Rastl74

The fall hurts indeed. The man he lands on though, is not who he thought. The face was unknown to him and it caused a rage to burn inside his heart.

These pendejos are really trying my patience. Now where is Zuse? , He thought as he picked himself up out of the gravel and sand. The sand stuck to the bloody abrasions on his body but it was better than being dead for sure. As he stood up he smiled a bit as he hear the cursing from above.

Guess someone's day isn't going according to plan. Well, welcome to the club... mine's no party either.

The bright lights from above fade from view and once again, he is cloaked in utter darkness. He reaches out to his watchtower to grant him sight in the darkness below. He then begins looking for the door and stairs that should lead to the "fire escape" leading up or down from his current floor.

Nightsight

Instead Marconi finds himself in what only could be described as a cellar or basement. Beneath Night Sight, there is a lack of detail. A entrance leads out to the west, but it is blocked by ruble and debri. Not-Zuse groans as he come around, it;s clear the fall took him worse then Marconi, his arm folded under the chair at an odd angle.

He grunts, looks about intot he darkness, and seems unable make aynthing of the darkness. Zuse's clother shredded ont he imposter's larger form, the chains digging into his flesh. Looks like Not-Zuse is in a bit of pain.

A above comes a shireking voice, "You fuckers didn't listen. I told you your consilium was shit. Where are they now. They won't save you." Frayed hair and crazed posture shadowed against the light. He stares down into the hole for a moment. He head cocky strangly, and then begins to dance around the edge singing "My words fly up, my thoughts remain below: Words without thoughts never to heaven go."

R
    Rastl74

Khalvin

The walls are stone, the floor is dirt, and the ceiling looks more like a cavern. One idea could be the building above was built over this room below. The debris is made of mud and rock. At sight it is hard to tell how deep the rubble is. The woman above has disappeared.

Any sound is drowned out by a scraping of wood concrete above.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread