Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Artist's Impression

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Early one morning, around seven o'clock, a couple of loud knocks can be heard on Simon's front door, stirring him from whatever he was doing. They sound polite enough for the moment.

Simon's eyes snap open as the knocks on his door spring him into wakefulness. Standing he quickly throws on a pair of pants and grabs a long knife from the niche between his bed and nightstand. His white-skinned torso is bare as he walks to the door and peers out of the peephole to catch a glimpse of his caller.

Simon can see a man and a woman, both appearing to be mundies in every aspect, dressed in smart but functional clothing. The female puts her fist up to knock again while the man stands to the side, holding a folder in his hands.

Knock, knock.

Simon sets the latch and opens the door, looking out over the chain connecting the door to the jamb, holding the knife out of sight behind the door.

"Good morning. Can I help you?"

The woman cranes her neck to look at Simon, smiling politely. Before saying anything, she holds up a badge and ID card.

"I'm Detective Hurren, this is Detective Ross," she says, indicating the man next to her. "We were hoping to ask you some questions."

Simon nods "Yeah, no problem. Come in."

Setting the knife down on a table near the door Simon unlatches the door and opens it before turning to walk into his small kitchen "You officers want some coffee?" he asks as he begins to brew a pot. He was curious as to why there were here, but he imagined it had something to do with all the questions he'd been asking.

They both enter, Detective Hurren taking the lead, following Simon into the kitchen. "Only if you're having one; black, no sugar please." The make detective simply shakes his head, standing in the kitchen doorway and looking around.

Simon was indeed going to have a cup, and so he continues brewing the pot of coffee.

A few minutes later he hands Detective Hurren her cup of coffee and takes his own before walking over to the cluttered dining room table and sitting down before he asks "So what can I do for you?"

"Thank you," she says, taking the cup and once again following Simon but not before taking the folder from her partner's hand. Reaching the table, she slides it across the table towards Simon.

"Do you recognise these?"

Opening the folder, it seems he does. They are the various prints he gave to Donna at Dee's a couple of weeks ago.

"Those are prints of my work. I'm a painter. I gave those to a woman named Donna that I met for coffee a few weeks ago." Simon answers simply. He doesn't like the way this is going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread