Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Down the Rabbit Hole II

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    L
    Laufrey

Hector waited for Jayant by the alley which housed the gateway to the underworld which they'd agreed upon to start from. He smiled as he'd dressed for the occasion this time but looked like some 80's drifter with his black trench coat and worn dark travel pack. It was still early and he’d also taken the care to ask for Kali’s assistance in case things got troublesome again. Continuing to wait Hector begins to people watch, remembering faces and the occasional name without any outward interest.

spoiler

spoiler

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant knew the only way to fully understand why he was left in the state he was in would be to face it once more, and the sole reason he met with Hector once more.

"Hector, a pleasant evening finds you?" He was dressed in dark combat fatigues with a thick fibre jacket, ever present beneath which hides his hallowed kukri.

L
    Laufrey

Hector nods as Jayant finds him responding with, "Every evening is pleasant for me. You're looking well." He motions towards the sewer entrance as he stands fully from his previous leaning position. He doesn't bother to say more as he feels it unnecessary with this particular companion.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant doesn't move.

"Before we venture forth, I require to know why, and on who's authority, do we go traipsing through the filth and muck once more?"

L
    Laufrey

Smiling as though happy to oblige Hector responds with, "Why, to explore the underworld and help those that need help just as I did with you, to recover anything of note from those members of our Covenant that met their end. Unless you prefer any such things to find their way into unschooled hands?" Looking at Jayant he takes a pose of a strong individual rather than a servant, "There is no authority in the mundane sense if that is what you seek. I work alongside the gods and they trump all others, if there are faithful or faithful matters to tend in the underworld which there always is then I will be doing what I can of it." He motions to the place below as he finishes with, "There is no more muck, grime or filth down there than there is up here, the only difference is that down there you needn't not look to observe it."

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant keeps his voice low, a hiss that only he and Hector can hear.

"Do not speak of the Covenant in this city before this atrocity. Do you even know where our temple was before the Lost Nights? As for authority, you need none, of course; the sewers are a part of the city. But it is Prince Clarke's city, nonetheless, and it was on his authority we went beneath the city in search of a monster, and as his last remaining Primogen member, I need to know in my unbeating heart that you do this for a reason beyond a 'treasure hunt'."

He spoke in his native Sanskrit, his stoicism shining through despite his diminutive stature.

Let us see where you stand on that, Mr. Hastipolis.

L
    Laufrey

The look Hector gave Jayant upon the treasure hunt idea was crushing, it would be easy to see that Hector would watch the world end without remorse and despite any pleads with such a look. Yet it passes after a long moment of consideration, when he responds in Sanskrit he does not make an effort to hide his words as they come across as though casual but for the steel bite in them, his accent and fluency are that of a native.

"If I was the type you apparently think me, consider yourself. Standing before me in the dark of the underworld barely able to stand or make a coherent thought. Easy pickings to drain your soul it's laughable no matter how you look upon yourself. It would have been no trouble at all to find your haven after dispatching you and taking whatever trinkets were available, and had you not noticed I'd already bested one monster when you stumbled into my requiem. I've no need to treasure hunt as you call it but a need to keep dangerous things out of the hands of the foolish and unworthy." He stops only long enough for that to sink in before continuing.

"And as for your precious Prince, it is not his city. It is our city," he gestures to indicate all kindred, "with the Prince the appointed to ensure fools and tragedy are dealt with before they cause harm to all and start a war, not to play tyrant. You may also benefit from thinking upon who came seeking you and the others out rather than letting you suffer and likely die without proper sustenance to heal yourselves. Talk all you want but one in your position should pay attention to actions."

He walks towards the sewer entrance and opens it with an angry yank, then looks to Jayant. "Help me, go your own way I don't care. Bear in mind you hinder me in working with the gods you'll find just how close we are." There's no sense of malice or threat from him as he apparently states what he considers the truth. He doesn't wait for a response from the other kindred as he descends.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

That will suffice, Jayant thinks, smiling, his teeth glimmering in the entrance in stark contrast to the black voids that his eyes become.

The Dark Beckons...

L
    Laufrey

By the time Jayant joined him Hector had a flashlight out, nice cop light, he ensures the man hole cover is secure and then motions for the Jayant to take lead.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

"Keep the light away, we won't need it. In fact," Jayant smiles, "It may hide the things that could guide us more fully."

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.