Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
Back at the Orchestra (OPEN)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 12 of 13 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Sam Barkley

PRE

Barkley shrugged at Kid Cloud and said "Hey, Wyrd is Wyrd, who knows?" He was rather taken aback by how quick everyone (except KC) was to want to come along, and instantly his eyes narrowed as he began wondering what their angles were.

"Alright," he sighs in resignation, "I usually work alone, or with my Motley if I need help, but these are special circumstances, since you've all been witness to whatever effect happened the first time, and I haven't. But, we have some issues here," he says, then draws a deep breath and says:

"First- that guy that tried to off himself was a target of someone- or thing- that uses Glamour, from what yall have told me. A couple of you all need to find out who he is, what hospital he's at, and make sure nobody comes along to finish him off. I want to know what he's been doing. Maybe he's Ensorcelled, maybe he made bad on a pledge. We need more information, is what I'm saying, so who can handle that? Don't answer yet.

Second- Checkin' up on this sort of thing is my job as Hunter and that means if you're coming with me, you are my responsibility. And Miss Summer Queen will kick my ass up and down her playground if anyone besides me gets hurt, so you'll do exactly as I say. If you gotta problem with that, don't come with me, simple as that.

Last, and most important- I don't know who any of you are, except Miss Derry here, so why let's start with introductions. My name is Sam Barkley, Summer, and I hold the post of Hunter of Longest Days in Sacramento," he finishes, and looks at the young Airtouched. "Which means I hunt the enemies of this Freehold."

PRE

Rust takes yet another small sip from his glass before introducing himself as well. "The guys call me Rust." He fixes Barkley with a steady gaze "I've heard of you and have seen you once or twice, always coming in and out of the 'big' gates." He smiles real big, or is he barring his ragged teeth? "I'll follow your lead, as long as you live up to your title, agreed?" He seems unfazed by the commitment. Something predatory shines through his eyes, like the glimmer of a drown sword.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Terri Nutkins of the Autumn Court, wherein I hold the title of Twilight Page. Just returned from business in another freehold, so a bit behind on things."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Derry adds, As I said earlier, I'm Derry O'Dell. I'm a member of the Spring Court, but I travel a lot. I'm spending the summer here in town.

Sable walks up to Derry and softly tugs at her skirts. Whether the little changeling been here the whole time or just come in was questionable.

She picked Derry out mostly because she'd met her before but also because being near someone so pretty and full of energy made her feel a little more outgoing. Not outgoing enough to speak up in the middle of other conversation of course but outgoing enough, maybe, to get her attention.

Sable! Derry exclaims happily. We were just making introductions...That's Barkley, Rust, and Terri, and you've already met Joshua. Go ahead and introduce yourself.

She smiles encouragingly at the shy darkling.

Sable straightens her normally curved back in attempt to look proud and clearly states, "I'm Sable and I'm a member of the Winter Court. I live here in town..Sorta..." She visibly looses confidence when she thinks about her housing situation. Quickly changing the subject she asks, "What's up?"

Sam Barkley

PRE

Barkley eyes the new arrival approvingly. It's good to see someone else present with a strong connection to her Court. The young Elemental is obviously too shy to speak up, so Barkley forges ahead.

"What you've stumbled upon here, young lady, is A Fairy-Attempted-Murder-Mystery-Tale. If you're willing to help, you'll go with Derry and Joshua to the hospital to look after the victim. Any information about what he's been up to will be helpful.

Terri, you'll come with me to investigate the Wrath source, since you're handy with a First Aid kit, and hope we don't need it. If it turns out to be bunk, we'll relieve you at the hospital."

Barkley turns away from the group and pulls his phone out of his pocket, without waiting for anyone's approval, and dials Detective Stanley, whom he's worked with on several occasions.

"Stanley," he says quietly, "Sam Barkley here. Yes, it's me. Has it been that long? Since that meth lab hidden out in the woods, right, right. Look, I'm calling because I need a favor, for once. A man was taken by ambulance from the Empty Orchestra tonight, cut his own throat. Happened just a few minutes ago, matter of fact. I need to know who he is and what hospital he's been taken to. Help me out here, I was right here at the bar when it happened, and I'm worried about the guy..."

Contact

Sable's pale white eyes blink with disbelief. A murder? It was by far the most important thing she'd ever 'stumbled upon'.

She gives Barkley a little salute, raising her grimy hand to her brow. The action causes a wave of intense embarrassment which makes her pitch black skin to fade into a see through shadow - Sable blush.

PRE

Rust seems to have stropped sipping. His head is down. The copious shot glasses next him tell the tale. He is not going anywhere.

Page 12 of 13 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread