Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
At the Underworld (ATTN: Anyone)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John was at Tartarus, sitting at the bar with a glass of whisky in front of him. It wasn't everyday John went out to get drunk. He rarely, if ever, felt anything more than a buzz going on in the back of his head like crazed crickets. But for once, he decided he might as well. The sovereigns were too busy doing their own thing, the investigation at the boarding house yield nothing more than a strange room with a twisted sense of construction and a mirror that apparently did nothing.

It was things like these that make him wonder if the Lord of Bostons Summer courts was wise to send him here instead of staying to take care of the problems there.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now. Whats done is done and I'm here for the long haul. He thought as he picked up his glass of whisky and downed it. He did have to admit that for a place that screamed Winter Court, it wasn't half bad. He still needed to scounge up some more cash somehow. He doubted he had enough to affort two more glasses.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

John is, if not exactly enjoying the evening, at least enjoying the burn of the whiskey as it crawls down his throat. He's the only changeling in the room, and nobody seems to pay him any attention. The bar is fairly crowded with regulars and the lights are down low.

There is a slight but definite tugging on his jacket. "Eksuse me Sir, but are hyu in charge uf dis estableeshment ?" The hand tugging on his jacket is taloned and scaly and bright pink. It's owner is very small, looks like nothing more that a lizard standing upright in a brown suit right out of the 1950s. It's even wearing a tiny brown bowler hat. It is smiling a very wide smile at you.

It might be meant as something reassuring, except for the fact that it's full of very sharp teeth, all needle thin, and the smallest ones at least three inches long.

There's an identical one a step behind it and to the left. The only difference with this one is that it's red and not pink. It's carrying a big stack of fliers in it's arms. It lowers the papers and smiles an identical smile at you.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John was about to take another mouthfull of whisky when he felt a tug on his Coat. He was a little startled at first, mostly because the last thing he expected was claws. He placed the glass down and turned to them. Seeing as no one was screaming, it was safe to assumed they were changelings. Did take him a second to regester what the hell they were saying.

"No I'm not the owner of this place." He eyed the one holding the folders for a second before continuing. "What is it?"

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Red whishpers into Pinkie's... well the side of Pinkie's head. It must have an ear there somewhere. "Hy told hyu dat he vas too shebby!" Pinky elbows Red and hisses back at it "Schut up, schut up, schut up!" Red staggers, but keeps the papers in one pile.

Pinky faces John andis again all smiles. Giant toothy maw smiles. "Hy apologize for my sister's manners sir. Dis iz vy she iz doink de karryink und Hy em doink de foldink." Pinkie's hand moves towards the stack of papers with lightning speed and it folds one sheet into a little origami box. Then with another hand it takes out a scroll and a quill. "As an apology for my sister's rudeness, Hy vould like to ekstend a formal invitation to de festivities. May Hy hef you name?"

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Shabby? What the hell is so shabby about me? It took him a moment to realize he was wearing a trench coat, T-shirt and jeans. OK, She has a point. He though as he grabbed his whiskey and took a quick sip from it.
    John watched Pinky make with the origami trick and thought about it for a moment. "What Festivities?" It was smart to not agree to something you know nothing about.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Red hisses at John "Vat Festivities? Vat Festivities! Sister, vat kind -"

Pinky gestures menacingly at her sister and growls at her "Hyu be qviet hyu or hyu'll feel de back uf my hend!" She returns to smiling at John, more apologetically this time. "Again, Hy apoligise for my sister. She so rarely visits you vorld dat she makes assumptions about de local koncord und her schtundink in it. De Festivities ve schpeak uf kelebrate de arrival uf..." Pinky bust out in an undulating chortle that makes absolutely no sense to John. "... more kommonly known as Gherask Ghoon, or de Floatink Market und de arrival uf it in you kity."

Pinky smiles and nods at John like he should be very impressed at hearing this information. Meanwhile, if looks could kill, Red's glare would have done horrible, lingering things to you.

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

[i]Ok, not changelings with strange accents.[.i] He thought as he watched them squabble. Admittedly, he was having difficulty deciphering their speech patterns. Especially the part about what they were celebrating left his head spinning for a moment.

"Well, it does sound interesting. Can I at least ask what happens during this celebration? I'm don't attend these sorts of things very often." He asked, though he had his eyes locked on Red in case he it a berserk button of some kind and had to make an emergence exit of some kind. What he wouldn't give to have his gun again

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Red is, thankfully, silent for once. Pinky explains "It iz a big party. Food, drinks, entertainment, zumone else iz hendlink de preparations. Ve are chust passink out de invitations. Ve hef a list personages ve are passink dem out to, und ve've been puttink out fliers in public places for everyone else to see. Aftervords de market vill ufficially open for business. So your name please?"

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

John picked up his Whiskey again and downed the rest of it. There was at least a quater of a glass left. He seemed to be thinking on this. On one hand, I'll get to eat something other than crappy hotel food for a change. On the other....They DO have large teeth... There was a long pause before he placed the glass back onto the bar. "John Gears." He finally answered.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Red keeps her mouth shut. Pinky nods and writes something on the scroll she bulled out earlier, then she crumples it into a ball and pops it in her mouth.

Chew, chew, chew.

She then pulls out a green and blue ribbon from her mouth and expertly wraps the origami box she made before, then she presents it to John. "Tenk hyu HerrGears. Hy hope ve see hyu on de tventy seventh. If hyu vill open dat in a more private location, it vould be appreciated." The pair bow at the waist and scuttle out the door backwards while facing John.

The rest of the Bar ignores the weirdness.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread