Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Traveling Through

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Narration:

A couple nights after the Invictus meeting, Sabri Nidra is checking to make sure things are running smoothly at the Dhaka Hotel. While passing through the lobby on her way to check on some other things, she notices a tall, very well-dressed man in the lobby. She notices he is accompanied by several professional-looking young men and women, all dressed in business attire, and that a sharply-dressed black woman is at the main desk and in the process of checking in this man and his retinue.

What most catches her attention is the fact that the tall man and the black woman are both Kindred, and neither is familiar to her. The tall man's blood is much stronger than her own, the woman's of the same strength.

((ST Note: Sabri Nidra needs to roll Resolve + Composure at +2 to avoid fear frenzy at unexpectedly encountering a powerful, unknown Beast.))

Sabri Nidra

NOS
    PRE

Resist Frenzy

Sabri took a step back as the two Beasts hit her but composes herself adequately, adjusting her veil so to cover her entire face, leaving her eyes bare.

Approaching them, Sabri ensures she acts with all dignity and politeness.

"Good evening, I am the owner of the Dhaka Hotel; may I assist in any way?"

The tall man turns and looks at Sabri. He looks to be about 40 years old and is dressed in an immaculate grey suit, pale blue dress shirt, blue and grey striped tie and Italian leather shoes. His brown hair is neatly cut, and just the slightest bit of grey is visible at his temples. He has dark eyes and strong features.

"You would be Sabri Nidra, then. I was directed here by Mahdri Sandeep, who said I would find the hospitality to my liking." After just a moment's pause, he adds "My name is Walter Steele. I am in town for a few days on Estate business."

Sabri Nidra

NOS
    PRE

"Welcome, Mr. Steele, I am pleased to meet your acquantance. Indeed, I am Madam Sabri Nidra," she says. "Will your business be long? If so, the Dhaka has a number of rooms available to meet your requiremants."

Steele smiles and nods. "My apologies, Madam Sabri Nidra. I was informed that attention to matters of title was rather lax among the Invictus of the Domain of Sacramento, and I am pleased to see that is in fact not the case. As such, let me reintroduce myself.

"I am Lord Advocate and Commissioner Walter Steele of the Domain of Baltimore. As to my business, I would think it should take only a few nights, but that depends on several factors I've not yet had an opportunity to thoroughly assess. Have you a private place we might speak about these matters?"

Sabri Nidra

NOS
    PRE

"Of course, Lord Advocate Steele, if you would please follow me."

Sabri catches the eye of Vani, her retainer, and gives her a nod; an indication to follow and assist, before leading the Commissioner of Baltimore, and whomever he deigns appropriate, through to her private office deep in the bowls of the Hotel, two floors below ground.

Her private sanctum is a modest affair, designed with utility of comfort but still with enough touches to deem amicable for holding such meetings. Their where even a small number of items from her Hindu heritage but not an uncomfortable amount.

Taking a seat behind her desk, Sabri indicates to a number of chairs opposite.

"Please, take a seat. May I get you a beverage?" She asks, Vani standing by.

Steele points to one of the mortals in his entourage and then to the black woman at the reception desk, then follows Sabri. The mortal rushes over to talk to the black woman.

Once in Sabri's office and seated, he says, "Yes, Madam Nidra, I will gladly accept your offer of refreshment."

Sabri Nidra

NOS
    PRE

Sabri smiles beneath her veil and nods to Vani, who departs to fetch some glasses of blood.

"While my retainer does her duty, we may discuss some business," she says, leaning forward and steepling her fingers, waiting for Steele to express his interests further.

Steele leans forward just a bit, his elbows on the arms of the chair and his fingers steepled in almost the same manner as Sabri's. After a long moment, he says, "I am here to look into some business matters. We of the First Estate own a firm that is headquartered in Baltimore, and have in fact owned it since 1955. This firm has provided a great deal of income over the years, as well as a variety of other assets. As has become more and more the case in recent decades, what was once a firm headquartered in one part of the country is now a corporation with branches and subsidiary businesses located nationwide, and thus the Invictus of the Domain of Baltimore finds ourselves with significant financial interests in numerous other Domains. Normally we are content to control these branch offices and side businesses from afar, by influencing policy at the corporate level, but currently many of these assets in California are doing quite poorly, to a degree which has significantly reduced the value of our property. I was sent to determine whether this is simply a temporary setback related to the current state of the local and national economy, whether we would be best served by divesting ourselves of this portion of the property... or whether perhaps the performance of the local operations might be improved and made more profitable through the First Estate guiding guiding them more directly at the local level. Which brings us to my being here."

Steele leans forward just a bit more. "Sacramento is my third stop among California Domains. I expect my investigation here to take no more than a few nights - five at the very most - but I will need a secure base of operations for that period of time, and I have been informed you can provide me with that. Further, we of the First Estate respect the territorial integrity of other Domains, and since I am an outsider in another's Domain, it is appropriate that I seek audience with the local rulers. My limited information regarding this Domain indicates that at least until recently it was under the rulership of the Invictus. I'd like to know if that is still the case, and I request your assistance in arranging a meeting with the local ruler or his designated representative, that I might announce my presence in this Domain and seek official approval for my business here."

Sabri Nidra

NOS
    PRE

Sabri listens intently, her ears pricking at the thought of such an esteemed member of the First Estate investigating certain holdings from within her hotel.

"It would be an honour, Lord Advocate, if you would utilize the Dhaka as a base during your investigations; I shall personally see to it that you have several rooms for your venture. As for your other query," indicating the Invictus rulership, leaning back in her high-backed chair, "you would be quite correct. The First Estate does indeed hold the Domain, quite adequately at that. If you give me one moment, I shall make the necessary arrangements?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread