Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
71 - 75
DISPLAYED
Delivering a Message

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

PRE

"Because A Man looking to kill our family wants it. The man you were giving it too at that warehouse." Spartan's urging goes ignored for the moment. "Why does Brother Lucas hold it as valuable, why did you take it?"

S
    Spartan

"Jorge, you are coming with us. You are not safe." Spartan says. "We can't stand here and talk. Your are still bleeding. This is not the pits, you need a hospital. We will talk on the way." Spartan said very insistently.

Jorge shrugs.

"It's a Bible... he's a preacher. I guess he read it for insight, and shit. He always said that it kept him on course and told him the right thing to do. I took a look at it, but all it said was some shit about a wounded king and an iron spear finding it's target... just crazy Bible talk that didn't make no sense."

His cheeks redden and he looks a little embarrassed as he continues.

"So, this weird Asian guy... He owns that pawn shop, or gift store, or whatever, over on J street. He asked me to... acquire the book for him. He said he'd pay good money, so I bought a fancy new Bible for Lucas and exchanged it for that old, weird one. Well, this rich guy, Bloom, he wants it too, and he said he'd outbid the Asian guy, but when we showed up to meet him, he killed all my buddies. I was the only one that got away. I been hiding out here, but now it looks like it's time to get lost again... at least 'til this mierda blows over."

Jorge looks at Spartan as he walks back over to the window.

"Don't think so, cabrón. I've learned to trust my gut, and you guys give me a stomach ache. I think I'll be safer on my own. Besides, you should take care of your buddy."

The young man looks at Rust and seems genuinely remorseful.

"Sorry I shot you up, man. But, you really shouldn't go around kicking down doors and shit. It ain't like in the movies."

Backpack over one shoulder, Jorge swings his legs over the windowsill and starts to climb down the fire escape.

PRE

Rust sighs as he watches Jorge go, fingering the Card. "A wounded King and the Iron Spear." Rust lets Spartan lead the way back down toward the exit. "We need to meet this Brother Lucas." Rust thinks in silence as they descend the stairs towards the basement. Metal thumping the wood. "Bro, I sent you to Katrine. You went after this without me knowing. Did Katrine..?" the right words are important. "This book, if it is what I think; is dangerous. What happened when you met with Katrine?"

S
    Spartan

"Katrine Gave me the name of Enzo's contact, that is all." Spartan said trying to resolve the Prince's Fear. "The Queen did not order me here. I came here of my own accord."

Spartan holds his tongue, saying nothing else. Once Spartan gets to his Blazer he opens the passenger door and makes sure Rust is in. Once he closes it he circles around and drives toward the Hospital.

Continued here

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread