Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Coffee shop epiphanies

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Theo dismisses the spell. "It's off."
    "Kyle? Are you alright?" there was a mild panic added into the concern this time. This was more of a reaction he'd expect from a Sleeper.
    "I'm sorry, it was just a minor spell."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

Theo isn't quick enough.

He's back. It's hot. The sun never moves. The ground is Baked under that neverending noon.

Kyle, for the first time in Theo's perfect memory is not perfectly composed. He gets up and quickly leaves the coffee shop. His hands are shaking. Theo sees that Kyle has left his keys on the table.

He's hot and sticky and naked and covered in blood and slime and God knows what else. Coyote looks down at him and asks...

"WHAT ARE YOU?"

Kyle gets to the door of his car, and unable to find his keys looks around for something to use to break into his own car with.

flaws make the man

"Kyle, wait!" Theo grabbed the keys and hurried after him. He hadn't expected this at all. Kyle always seemed so calm and in control.
    "I'm sorry, you asked for proof." Theo hated seeing Kyle like this. He wanted to fix it somehow. "I just wanted," he trailed off not entirely sure what he wanted right now.
    Kyle was looking around for something now. Theo realised he still had the keys. He unlocked the passenger door and clicked the unlock button.
    "Kyle, please."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

He gets into his car and he clutches the steering wheel. His knuckles are white and the leather creaks under his grip. After he gets his breathing under control,he starts to feel like he can speak again.

"You said you rode a bike, right? Go get it and put it in the backseat of the car."
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Theo stands at the door looking at Kyle, still worried, but after about ten seconds he goes and gets his bike. He's careful but quick about getting it in. Once that's done he gets in the front seat and silently hands the car keys over. He's not sure what to say, afraid he might upset Kyle again. Time seems to be going very slowly as if trying to tiptoe around the awkward silence.
    There was a part of him that said it was dangerous to be getting into the car. It said how he really didn't know Kyle well and that he had just seen the man react almost violently. Theo ignored it though, telling himself that this would turn out well and he needed to be there to make sure it did.
    Theo's eyes searched Kyle's face for some indication of emotional state.

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

When Theo finally gets in, Kyle tells him to buckle up. He sounds concerned, if anything.

Kyle pulls the car out of the parking spot and drives. He drives through the city in silence, and his face is expressionless. After a while they get to a ridge overlooking the old McClellan Air Force Base. Kyle pulls off the road and shuts off the car.

They are alone, in the darkness, with the lights from the airfield and the city providing the only illumination for the two. Kyle doesn't look at Theo, instead meeting his eyes through the rear view mirror.

"I've never spoken to anybody about it. You are still Human I take it?" His voice is guarded, wary. Possibly even afraid.

Theo was starting to figure out he had made far too many assumptions. Like the mage sight, which for Theo was such a common thing no, Kyle had not been prepared for. After speaking with Kyle, listening to the story, relating his own, Theo hadn't realised that he had made assuptions about Changelings. He'd taken the approach that they were similar to Mages in a way. Humans able to perform magic by way of an Awakening or something similar. Different enough to not be considered Mages but both still human. Theo still didn't recognize that assumption.
    He thought Kyle's question had more to do with his lack of knowedge of Mages rather than an indirect hint at a Changeling's nature.
    "Yeah." he was silent for a couple more second. He felt he owed Kyle more of an explanation. "I'm just.. able to perform magic." It was not a very detailed explanation but this didn't seem the time for essays on Awakening. "I still think I'm human." he said with a part smile and aweak attempt at humor, while stumbling around in the dark to find a way to lighten the mood. The smile didn't last long before it again became a frown of concern and sympathy again.
    Theo's intense curiosity was urging him to ask questions and learn but for once he ignored it.
    "You don't need tell me. Like you said we're little more than strangers." This wasn't true on how Theo felt but it made him feel better to try to deny it. "I just didn't want to keep lying."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

Kyle snorts. "You think you're still human? Then you probably are. Trust me on this." The words came out more sharply than intended, and Kyle immediately felt guilty. His impression of Theo was not one of someone interested in hurting people, but he worried things to death when something struck his fancy. And he had apparently struck Theo's fancy, he just wasn't sure if the "he" was Kyle the person or Kyle the changeling. Did that bother him? He didn't know. He was still shook up from earlier on the inside.

He pinches the bridge of his nose. "Alright, how much do you want to know?"

Everything "Everthing."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

He shakes his head. "I can tell you about me, not everything." Kyle thinks about where to start.

"When you look at me. What do you see?" This was important. Kyle didn't know how he was found out, perhaps these Mages could see through the Mask?

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread