Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 27
DISPLAYED
When It Rains... (attn: Heathcliff)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

The officers exit. Detective Bryant says "Have a nice day, Mr. Staley" on the way out.

As she walks out, Heathcliff notices again that Detective Bryant really does fill out those slacks nicely.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Mmm-mmm. If she had showed up after sundown, I wouldn't have tried to run her off so quickly. Oh, well. I get the feeling I'll be seeing her again.

Heathcliff watches her walk away for just a moment, then shuts the door and engages all the locks. The effort of waking and conversation had taken its toll on him, and he barely has the strength required to call Arnold and leave a message regarding their interest in O-Yama before crashing back on to his cool sheets and pulling the blanket up over his head.

((ST Note: Heathcliff had to expend 1 Vitae to awaken during the day, and spends another to awaken again at nightfall.))

Narration:
    Heathcliff sleeps away the rest of the day without incident. When he awakens, he hasn't yet received a reply from Arnold, but Arnold was presumably just waking up himself.

Heathcliff greets the moon he can't see from his darkened windows with a long yawn and rises crisply from his bed, which he takes the time to make up. Every corner creased just so, the pillows an exact measurment from the head of the bed, just as his father, the esteemed Doctor Staley, had insisted (ordered) every day of his childhood.

After a shower, he checks his phone and notes that Arnold has not yet called, which is not at surprise. Heathcliff has little he needs to do with his evening, as usual, and decides it would be best spent currying the favor of the premiere Kindred physician. Heathcliff hoped, maybe in vain, that Doctor Lazarus he might have heard of a vampire successfully becoming human again, and be willing to share that information if he did. He searches the pockets of the coat he had worn days ago, and finds Doctor Lazarus' card still there.

He dials the number and holds the phone to his right ear, worried that the invitation might no longer be open, given his recent admission of breaking the Masquerade, and even more worried that it might still be, and that he would spend the evening with one of the scariest people he'd ever laid eyes on. As he listens to the phone ring, he thinks to himself:

Why am I going to see Dr. Boogeyman, instead of Mariel, exactly?

((OOC- my understanding of the timeline is: Court night, Rachel night, today, tonight- if he filled up at Court, spent 1 to wake yesterday + 1 to blush around his family, then spent 1 to wake during the day, and 1 to wake again at night, I should be at 6 total. Please let me know if I'm wrong and I'll be happy to fix my sig.))

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff grabs his phone, jacket, car keys, and, after a moment's reflection, one of the metal golf clubs from his bag in the closet, and walks out the door, making sure to lock every bolt. He catches the clunking elevator on its way down, walks out the lobby door, and approaches his sedan, first looking about to make sure he is safe, and then disengaging the alarm by remote as he approaches.

He starts the Japanese-branded, American-made engine, and types Amber Hill into his GPS, following its precise instructions to the Doctor's lair.

((OOC- my understanding of the timeline is: Court night, Rachel night, today, tonight- if he filled up at Court, spent 1 to wake yesterday + 1 to blush around his family, then spent 1 to wake during the day, and 1 to wake again at night, I should be at 6 total. Please let me know if I'm wrong and I'll be happy to fix my sig.))
    ((ST Note: That works fine for me.))

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread