Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara nods to the new Kindred.* Thank you Mr Rodriguez. If you will follow me, no need to bother the others with what they already know. *She smiles a little at her own private joke; she intended to repost the rules so that other might be... reminded of them before the next Court. She leads the man to her office, and closes the door.*

The Laws

*As she recites them, it's all very cold and clinical, as if she were reading out of a medical text book. Once she's done, she can't help by smile at the man.* Now, for the real rule of Sacramento: Don't be an idiot. Prince Clarke is a fair man, but one thing he will not tolerate is incompetence or insolence. The man you carried into the closet was foolish enough to voice his support of the Lancea et Sanctum in Court. Those were the last words he spoke, and the last ones he will speak for some time.

Do not approach the Prince, under any circumstance; or address him without being spoken to first. There seems to be some confusion about this of late. The same goes for most of the Kindred here; the Dragons are usually approachable, but the Invictus are an insular group. We've already had two outbursts of late because of this. If you wish to speak with someone, simply wait for them to acknowledge your presence. If they do not, there is a healthy population here in Sacramento; I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for conversation.

Now, I gather from our phone call you were Carthian before entering the city. As of this moment, you no longer are. Prince Clarke has made it quite clear to myself and others that the Movement is dead in Sacramento; and anyone that tries to resurrect it will face his full displeasure. You may declare yourself unaligned, as I have; or seek out the Ordo or Invictus for membership.
    *She grins at that, knowing no self-respecting Carthian would join the first order except under pain of death*

When you present yourself, I suggest you state simply you are unaligned, it will save you much grief during your stay here in Sacramento. We may someday be allowed to claim membership in the Movement, but as of this moment it is forbidden. So pick your words carefully.

Now that I've reviewed the Laws for you, Mr Rodriguez, do you have any questions?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Arnold had expected the woman to be devastated, or at least angry, but instead found that for the most part the blind Haunt took it all very well, that is until the disorientation took her and she fell to the floor.

He was surprised for an instant, but considered that this was among the least of the reactions he'd expected.

He kneels, lightly putting his hands on Dirge's shoulders to steady her. "I apologize for the manner in which you've heard all this. The burden was on Mister Connelly, not you, and it is unfortunate that you must suffer as a result of his folly."

"Let me help you to your feet."
    he offers
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

He listened carefully to the laws. Nothing surprising there, most of them were quite standards, especially the part about not messing up with law enforcement Kine. The prince Maxwell of Chicago had a similar law. Then came the big one about how the Lancea Sanctum, the Circle of the Crone and, most importantly, the Carthians were forbidden in the domain. So the rumors were true. He listened even more carefully about the 'real' unofficial rules of Sacramento. He better be on his guard and watch each and every single word or move he does.

' Thank your for exposing me all these rules into details. I will of course present myself as Unaligned, with my nomadic background, that's not much of a strech. Now, I do have one question : I heard rumors about the forbidden covenant which you confirmed are true, but I have not heard about how this came to be. Could you tell me more about that ?

He was more than curious to know what prompted the prince to outlaw the Carthians. His gangrel travelling companion Consuella told him about that but she had not much information about it. He was wondering if it was an Invictus plot that resulted in this situation.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara sighs softly, rubbing her temples. It was a rather embarrassing tale, but at least her part in it was minor.* As I said, it all goes back to the first rule: Don't be an idiot. The Lancea blew up it's own church, The Circle was full of Brood sympathizers and spies, and the Movement collected the usual band of self-righteous Neonates. I would have suspected an Invictus plot behind the whole thing but for two points.

First, Prince Clarke recently left the Invictus for the Dragons; a group that seems intent only on conquering their own libraries. And Second, the Invictus within the city is made up of prideful, boastful, vengeful little cast offs. They delight in showing off what power they think they have, but I doubt they could get out of each other's way long enough to pull something like this off. And if certain member of the First Estate continue to behave they way they have of late, he may very well ban them too.

*Ciara realizes she let herself get worked up a little too much, she sets down on the edge of her large wooden desk to calm a little.* All and all, things have been very hectic in Sacramento, Mr Rodriguez.
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

"It would be premature to speak about the project further at this time, Michael. I will call you when the opportunity presents itself; perhaps even later this evening. And I'm afraid it is Azmi Korkmaz who has earned himself a spot in Time-Out." Heathcliff sighs. "As for how he went about this, I do not know, but it might well have been accomplished by wasting important people's time with unimportant questions," he says pointedly.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Well, he never consulted with me over anything before, at the end of his requiem why should it be any different?" She paused for several more moments, collecting her thoughts and feeling the weight of the Reeve's large hand on her shoulder.

Tilting her head up and gave him a sad smile, "Thank you for telling me Reeve Culler and it gives me a lot to think about. I appreciate it." Dirge reached up and grabbed Arnold's arm to help steady herself and let the large man help her to her feet like he offered. Once she was back on her feet she stood next to him and as he towered over her she was surprised at how big he was.

While Ciara started to describe the various mistakes of the different covenants, Amos eye grow bigger in surprise. Oh man, no wonder the prince banned them from his domain. As for the Carthian, he already had contact with some of the less usefull member of the Covenant, always asking for more and never giving anything back.

" I see. Well, I suppose that you have a point with the first 'real' rule that you thaught me. I'll refrain from doing anything stupid then or doing anything which could jeopardize the chances of the Prince going back on this new law.

Well thanks for the clarification Senorita Maskelyne, I understand the situation better now. I guess I'll have to make do with official unaligned affiliation."

He smiled thankfully to Ciara before proceeding with their conversation.

"Well, I have another question about the 'hecic times' the domain had to live through, that is at least if I am not to greedy with your time. I heard something about a vampiric plague that struck the city. Is there any truth to these rumors ?

Also if you'd like, I have heard of a few rumors while traveling from city to city. It's not much but it could be a welcome distraction, considering the times."

He started to relax. It was obvious that he was still thinking about the staked corpse he had to take care of and the rule 'don't be stupid' was still running in his thoughts. Still, talking about it helped put thing into perspective.

"Then it seems he truly was a fool." Arnold responds before helping Dirge to her feet, helping to support the smaller woman's weight as easily as if she were made of feathers.

When she thanks him he answers "You're welcome. You've taken the news rather well, actually, in my opinion."

"Shall I lead you back into the Court, or do you require no more assistance?"
    Somehow Arnold didn't believe she did, but he had offered nonetheless.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

NOS
    PRE

Nodding to Heathcliff Michael says "Very well, thank you for answering my questions." and not adding me to the time out area as I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to stuff me in with Azmi if given the opportunity just to see us crammed in there together. "I'll be waiting on stand by to hear from you. Have a good evening Seneschal."

With a bow of his head Michael leaves the Court Proper and passes through the commons towards the exit, seeing Reeve Culler and what seems to be him helping Dirge to her feet. Approaching both of them he asks "Is everything all right?"

OOC

Michael

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread