Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Bert's Home: How much is that dog in the window..the one that is growing its claws?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Bert hoped Jack would show up soon, he gave him the time so he'd show up at least an hour early before the "Dave monster" showed up. What if he didn't? Could he take the guy down? Would it be wise to? Well..if worse came to worse he could just wait till the guy leaves and kill the puppy/bumyip itselt. The thought of what HAL said to him about contaccting the chef intrigued Bert. Bunyip stew, what would that taste like? Waiting in his living room, Bert continued looking out the window for Jack, any other Lost that may come or the "Dave thing"

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack walks up to the address Bert had given him and raps three times on the front door. He wonders how this meeting will end.

Bert sees Jack from his window walking to his door and opens it for his friend. "Hey Doc, thanks for stopping by." he says, waiting for Jack to come into the place before shutting the door and saying "Okay, so this...thing will end every sentence with Dave. Just so you don't get weirded out by it. I hadn't expected it to make a delivery so I chose my place at the last minute. Is..anyone else coming?" he asks, looking out the window again hoping that the answer would be yes.

"Hey Bert. Of course."

Walking into the Ogre's place, Jack looks around, checking the place out.

"Hmm... that's weird... Dave."

The Wizened just couldn't resist. Chuckling at his little joke, Jack pulls his phone out and glances at it for the hundredth time.

"I never heard back from anyone... so it looks like we're on our own."

Bert smiles and playfully slugs Jack in the shoulder, although not too hard considering the Wizened is smaller than him. Looking out the window again he says "Well I figure if worse comes to worse, the least we can do is kill this puppy and take down another one of these bunyips the Dave Monster has but I'm not sure how many there are. But, you figure it might be better to follow this thing or try to knock it out and trap it here?"

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

"The bunyip can die, the man... or whatever it is, that brings it... well, we need answers, not a body count. Oh yeah, we'd better put our 'game faces' on..."

Doctor Jack closes his eyes for a moment as he strengthens his Mask. His hair doesn't appear in disarray, but seems neatly combed and styled. His face is no longer marked by dirt and the faint scars from innumerable battles. His torn and dirtied clothing now look new and freshly pressed. Oh, and his hands don't drip blood onto Bert's carpet any more.

Game Face

Paranoia Question Time

Bert nods to Jack and strengthens his own mask, taking note of the blood on his floor and thinking he'll clean it later. Satisfied with his mask, looking closer to the way his face looks in his headshot.

Mask and answer to question

"Yeah I agree, I don't have enough trash bags to deal with a dead thing anyway larger than a dog. Think after he leaves it here we should try following him? Maybe I could talk with him and distract him while you wait for him to leave."

As Bert and Jack talk about the best way to deal with this, a beat-up pick-up truck pulls up outside of the house, the side of which is emblazoned with 'Croaky's Pets'. A few passing seconds and the driver's door open as the hunched figure of a middle-aged man wearing a pair of dirty denim dungarees steps out and waddles to the rear of the truck whereupon he climbs up.

A few more moments pass.

He steps down wth two cages, each one covered. Looking at Bert's house, he heads to the front door and manages to ring the door bell.

"We could... but I'd rather just interrogate him now. I can be very convincing."

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread