Watch
41 - 43
DISPLAYED
Back to the Asylum (OPEN)

(449) Prologue
Jan 24, 2017 - Jan 24, 2017
(449) See Whats Become
Feb 13, 2017 - Mar 7, 2017
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Michael gave a pratically sinfull grin. One of the Sactified forgiving him at his request after causing so much trouble for them in Salt Lake. He would have find some way to tell Lilly about this.
    Then she started to talk about scripture and faith and he couldn't help but grow more serious. It was that type of talk that could get him going. She was definitely Sanctified. Her her little speech about "true faith" drove that home. He kept in mind that she didn't know his past and that it would be better not to start more scandals here after he had just left all that behind him. Michael held his tongue. Besides it would be fun to see just how far he could carry this type of charade.
    He was still glad when she changed subjects to him, even if it was still politics.
    He gave a small snort when she said he was royalty. "Do I look like royalty to you," he asked putting his hands behind his head in a way that made his muscles flex.

Well, yeah.

She puts on a serious face. Honestly, you have a charisma about you. Something about that innocent, fresh-faced appearance makes people trust you. I think you'd go a long way in the Invictus here in Sacramento.

Especially if you're as good with politics as you are in bed.

Mariel continues: The Invictus are already low on people because of the strange sickness that took out most of the Kindred in the city.

Mariel bends down and nibbles gently on Michael's earlobe, and whispers No offense, but I think you're wasted on the Carthians. She moves her attention to the man's neck, covering it with little licks and kisses as she slides down to an easy embrace, laying her head down where Michael's heart would beat if he was still human.

Michael smiled as much from her compliments and attention as from her ignorance. "You're right. I could probably go a long way in the Invictus."

He made sure to breath in and out so that his chest rose and fell.
    "However, I wouldn't enjoy it as much as being Carthian. We need to be able to speak and have our voices heard. The old pomp and circumstance way of doing things is outdated and stagnates. Tradition may have its place but it shouldn't rule our minds much less our society."

He didn't want the conversation to continue this way. It might lead to letting out some of his less watered opinions and that would spoil the fun he was having. "So what's this sickness you mentioned?"

Oh, you didn't come here because it's like open territory now? Well, at least it was for a bit... Mariel pauses.

Like, at least half of the Kindred here died a final death...some sort of Plague, I guess. The Prince is looking into it, I'm sure.

"Well my Dam recently had a Haven open up here and gifted it to me. I wasn't given much detail beyond that.
    So were you here before this plague, or are you only arrived as well?

Mariel said, I guess you missed the big Court meeting. So you haven't met with the other Carthians yet? Everybody's scrambling to get organized.

I'm a newcomer. Mother Superior lost all contact with the Sanctified here, and sent me to investigate. Probably because she thought I'm expendable.

Our church is decimated here. Only two members left in town, and that counts me.

Michael made sure not to smile at that. Righteousness never helped anyone when this went wrong.

Mariel continued, I want to make some changes in the church here, since I have the opportunity. The other member, while well-intentioned, doesn't seem to have the necessary leadership skills.

Michael said, "Hmm. So what exactly are you planning?"
    He realised that was a little blunt. "Sorry, I don't mean to pry. "It's just I still can't quite see you as a church goer."

Mariel continued, I'm telling you this in confidence, now. He's just too close to his human past. I want the church here to be more scripturally based on The Testament of Longinus. That would include the kind of behavior I'm happy to display here with you.

Mariel smiles, then asks, Most people don't understand the viewpoint I hold. Are you sure you want me to talk religion with you? Mariel raises an eyebrow.

Michael said, "Hmm, I guess not. The subject can be kind of touchy."

Have you ever met anyone with...my kind of viewpoint within the Sanctified? asked Mariel, trying to walk a fine line between not talking religion and keeping the conversation going.

"Within the Sanctified? No. To be honest I would have thought you were the Carthians if you hadn't said different. You remind me a little of my Dam."

Mariel thought, OMG, I remind him of his Mother.

Michael hestitated to go on. "Most Lancae I've met have been.. zealous."

Well. I'm kind of stuck between being religiously conservative and following the Holy Scriptures, and politically and socially liberal, she admitted.

I think the ones you met were entirely missing the point. They were zealous about the wrong thing.

Michael gave her a quizzical look "Well religeous conservatives and social liberals don't normally get along."

You really see me as Carthian, though? Huh. Mariel ponders.

I know! But believe me, this way of thinking is what could make the Church strong again, said Mariel with some excitement.

We can be scripturally based, and get along with everyone. Doesn't that sound like something you could get behind?

Michael gave a little scoff before he could stop himself. "Sorry," he apologized, "but I've come from a city that has a fairly strong Sanctified pressence and they are anything but liberal."

Well, then, they're not reading the Scriptures that the church was based on, said Mariel briskly. They're holding on to the old ways of doing things for no good reason, and membership is declining. I could change that! This city is wide open. I just need to convince the Prince! She sighs.

Have you met him yet?

"Is the Prince Lancae?" Michael asked. He definitely hoped not, but if they were it would be a perfect time to get control.

Nope, he's Invictus. Have you ever been in a town NOT run by the Invictus? Mariel laughs. There's a fair number of Invictus, you know, she added shrewdly.

Michael smiled. That was never going to happen but it was funny that she thought it might.

Mariel continued, And I have to say I wasn't exactly impressed with the Carthian presence at Meet-the-Prince night. But then, it's not like the Lancea presented a bold, strong front, either.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll be there next time," he says tapping her nose.

I think we should meet the Prince together. I can arrange a meeting, said Mariel, gears beginning to turn in her devious little head. Technically, you don't have feeding rights until you're recognized, you know, she adds.

I'm aware." he smiled. "If you could arrange a meeting I'd be very grateful," he adds running his fingers down her back.

Mariel arched her back like a cat in heat. I'll do that, she purred.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread