Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1006) Eternal Court I

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    G
    Grey_Devil

Azmi saw Markos standing with a strange hound that previously had been guiding a blind woman at court. The connection was minor and Azmi remembered being surprised that a blind woman might actually be allowed to exist as a vampire.

Azmi moved closer to the man, making sure to keep his distance from the dog, unsure of its disposition.

“Excuse me; I don’t believe we have met. I am Alder Soldier Korkmaz of the First Estate. You have a beautiful animal there.”

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

When she was finished whispering her response to Asa and he slackened his grip on her waist she quickly distanced herself from the man not wishing anyone to get the wrong idea about the Prince. As he released her she curtsied deeply once again, "A good evening to you Prince Clarke."

Then when she was finished she took two steps backward before turning and grabbing a hold of Olivette's arm lightly. "To Deputy Connelly if you please Miss Olivette."

Dirge let the Prince's ghoul lead her away from the man when the reality hit her. She had just had a dance with the Prince himself! Despite how upset she was over the treatment of her Covenant she was still shocked and excited that he would do such a thing with her of all people.

Oh dear, I hope his consort doesn't take it the wrong way if she hears about it, she thought to herself as she heard someone talking with Mark while rounding the corner into the area where Mark was sitting.

M
    Markos Connelly

"Alder Soldier Korkmaz, Deputy Markos Connelly." Mark stands and offers the man a hand. "This is Cerberus I am just..." At that moment Markos sees his lady round the corner. "Dirge." Mark says the relief evident in his voice. Mark looks back to Azmi "Apologies, Alder Soldier Korkmaz, this is Ms. Dirge." Mark takes the lady's arm and put the dogs lead in her off hand.

G
    Grey_Devil

Azmi takes Markos's hand, giving it a quick shake before releasing it.

"A pleasure to meet both of you."
    Suddenly Azmi smiles, a look crossing his face as he realizes he forgot someone. His eyes drift to the dog, "Sorry, all three of you."

"I am at the disposal of the Reeve, so I have no doubt that we may work with each other in the future Deputy."

Azmi's curiosity peaked with the introduction of the Dirge and the question yearning from earlier found its way to Azmi's lips.

"If you don't mind me asking, it is rare to see one of our kind with limited sight. Did it occur before or during your requiem?"

M
    Markos Connelly

Mark burned on the inside at the gall of this unknown daring to ask a kindred, whom he did not know and had not earned the respect of, about a personal matter like this. Its none of his god damn business... But Dirge is a big girl and can take care of himself and it would only piss her off if Mark stepped up to the Invictus. That and he was standing in an elysium...

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

When she was close enough and Cozette had withdrew her arm Dirge took several tentative steps toward Mark. She smiled as she felt Cerberus' lead and reached down to grab the harness. While Dirge wasn't shocked at the question Azmi posed to her she was surprised that he would open right up with it. She would have expected such a response from a Dragon not an Invictus that pride's itself with manners and etiquette.

She smiled slightly amused at the man. "Good evening Soldier Korkmaz it is good to meet you."

That is what he said isn't it? Alder is a type of Soldier or rank maybe? I hope it wasn't important.

"My blindness is a result of my bloodline so to answer your question it happened after my embrace. I willingly accepted my fate and joined with it for personal and for religious reasons. Sometimes I forget that it does seem strange to others, but most of my family are all the same so to me it seems quite normal. Does that answer your question?"

G
    Grey_Devil

"Intriguing. My curiosity got the better of me, I apologize if the question was too personal. That it was done for religious reasons seems even more reason to respect such a noble choice. I am not sure, even with my faith that I would give up my eyesight. The act shows great resolve and strength of character on your part."

Azmi noted the drop of the Alder title, given his brief attendance of court, he saw the act as acceptable. The title indicated age and respect that he had not earned. It also served as a subtle hint at his recent failures that Azmi was more then willing to accept. Penance of a sort.

Azmi tried to maintain his weak smile, "I am not sure I could muster the courage for such an act."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Well I don't know about strength and all that. However, embracing difficult situations makes us stronger and it reveals so much about ourselves if you stop and examine it. Without difficulties there is no personal growth we remain stagnate, and that is one of the main reasons I have done this. It is a difficulty I will forever be forced to live with and I wouldn't have it any other way," she said with a smile as she faced the man.

"So, I take it you are new to the city? What brings you here? Anything you would care to share with us?"

M
    Markos Connelly

Mark gets a small smile on his face. Still saying nothing but remembering Dirge giving him that same speech. Love that woman. Mark thought to himself.

G
    Grey_Devil

Azmi had heard the mantra of the Circle of the Crone's struggle ideology which always struck him as very pragmatic. The part of their structure that had always left him awed was the extent in which they sought to challenge themselves, far beyond what other vampires might dare.

"Tribulation brings Enlightenment?" Azmi's full smile returned with Dirge's explanation, "I disagree that you don't possess strength of character, your faith only makes you test and improve it further. If it were not there to begin with, I doubt you would have chosen the path that you currently walk. Some might even say that giving into stagnation indicates the missing strength to challenge our requiem."

"As for my fresh arrival t the city, I am quite new only having been in town quite recently. I came seeking a new city to settle roots into after a long and dull Oath of Service. Perhaps I sensed renewal might leave me stagnated. "

"As for caring to share, since I asked something overly personal, you can feel free to return a few questions. I am fairly open with my existence."

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread