DISPLAYED
(1006) Eternal Court I

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge was quite surprised when he began to dance with her, but quickly overcame it and then chuckled softly at his joke.

"I was Prince Clarke. I had been looking into the homeless situation for the Reeve in the past and said I would continue to do so. I have been masquerading as a homeless woman since I have been in the city and used that to my advantage to try and infiltrate the group and get to their leader, the Rev'rend. I found out that the Brood have been using the city's homeless for their ghoul footsoldiers by abducting them off the streets. They have also been attacking the homeless and that is what has them riled up. Things were going well until a street brawl at a local homeless shelter. I showed up with some other kindred to look into the problem and one of us was recognized. I kept up my homeless persona and escaped with some of the homeless after the brawl. One of the brood lizard ghouls showed up and the bums attacked it and scattered. That is when I found out the Rev'rend was looking for me too."

Dirge paused for a moment to let it sink in. She really hoped that she wasn't going to piss the Prince off with this explanation and with what was coming next.

"I arrived at Squattaville with one of the Rev'rend's men and he got me through all the cut outs and sentries they have. They've got enough fire there to burn down several city blocks too. I had my Mask of Tranquility up and the blush up my entire time I was with the homeless. I got led to the Rev'rends tent and one of the homeless could some how sense I was a vampire. I tried to deny it, but some of them can just feel that we are. I never broke the masquerade and never admitted to being a vampire or gave them any information, but I could not dissuade them from believing I was one either. I met the Rev'rend and they thought that we were allies with the brood ghouls and I told them they were no friends of mine and I wanted them dead just as bad. They didn't expect this and wanted me to tell my group that if they would stop attacking us if we would not feed from or attack them. They were even quick to offer to help us take out the lizardmen. They wanted an answer in exactly 3 days time and want only me to deliver it, they said they have ways to find vampires that are hiding using our powers. They threatened me with open warfare with us."

She paused again ashamed for a moment before continuing. "I also found out how they know so much about kindred and I have an accurate physical description of the Rev'rend too. I had false information before apparently. If we play our cards right we could work one against the other and eliminate them both."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa listened with interest, as he moved, swayed, spun, and dipped his partner, using his hands as much as his eyes for signs of tension that would tell him if she were lying, or 'editing' her story.

In truth, he felt a simmering anger that he didn't show; anger that he was hearing this from an (allegedly) Unaligned woman without Title or Position, rather than from his Reeve or a Deputy.

"What they asks is impossible, of course. Even if I were willing to bargain so openly with Kine, if word of this left the city, every Prince in California would descend upon this city to cover such a Breach,"
    Asa replied in a pleasant tone, as if he were discussing Court decorations. He left unsaid that most of the city residents would probably also be ashed in the event of such a pogrom.

"How do they know so much, and who was with you before?"
    he asked.

It was disturbing that the Brood were involved, and this was the first he'd heard of it.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Taking Ciara's advice, Dirge let the Prince twirl her and lead her across the dance floor. Between the music and the dancing she was starting to relax and if she wasn't there with such serious news she might have actually enjoyed herself more.

She nodded unsurprised as the Prince explained his decision. "I knew it was too much of a risk and didn't expect it would be acceptable. I tried to explain how serious a threat the homeless were becoming at the clan meeting, but I don't think it was given the attention it deserved. They are organized into gangs that are protecting homeless hang outs and actively hunting for vampires. They are recruiting and actually getting a lot of converts. They even had a woman who claimed to work at at a hospital emergency room as a nurse backing up one street preacher. Lady Pia was present for that investigation and can back me up there. It was getting past containment at the meeting I think we are past that point now. I think there could be up to several dozen of them and that was just at Squattaville. They fought Mister Hatori, Primogen Nagaraj, Mister Argent, a fellow haunt Mister Hall I think, and maybe one more I didn't catch his name. The homeless fought back and forced them to retreat and used fire. They are a real danger. Mister Hall made the connection between the homeless and the lizardmen and told me, one of them had a tattoo that some of the homeless had."

She paused again for a moment before continuing, "I don't know how to tell you this next part so I'll just come out and say it. I just found this out myself, but the reason the Rev'rend was looking for me is that he is my father. When I disappeared five years ago he became obsessed in trying to find me. I had cut all ties, my sire and I did everything right. I even changed my lifestyle and kept to the sewers and shadows ending contact with kine. He found out about kindred while looking for me and forcefully acquired information from a kindred in San Francisco where I was going. He has been looking for me here and networked with the homeless then they found out about the brood attacking and killing the city's homeless. I understand my father needs to be dealt with and preferably eliminated I hold no misguided views of trying to save him. I'll help in anyway I can to resolve this."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

She certainly is a cold one. You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family... but you can kill them.

Asa danced silently as he absorbed the information, planning, considering options.

"I'm impressed with the work you've done; perhaps it is you, rather than your lover, who should be a Deputy," he finally said. Asa moved his hand from the small of her back to circle her torso firmly, just below the ribs, and pulled her close against him.

Close enough to feel small signs; indrawn breath, a swallow, or even a tightening of the shoulders.

"Tell your father I agree, then set them against the Brood. Once that is finished, I will begin a pogrom with City Hall to clear out the indigent problem," he outlined, then he leaned close and whispered in her ear*.

"Will you do this for me, Miss Dirge?"

What Asa Whispered
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

M
    Markos Connelly

*Ciara just smiles. For a moment, she allows herself to picture the Deputy being stuffed into a circus cannon and fired point blank into a brick wall. Studded with fish hooks. And lit road flares. Her smile grows just a little...*

Of course, I only meant she seemed rather nervous. I hope the information isn't of too unpleasant a nature.
    *She looks over at a Cerberus, faintly reminded of the Mastiffs her Sire used to keep by his side.* She is lucky that someone cares for her, most of our kind lack such affection.
    "Yeah well, I am not your average kindred" Mark says. Most Kindred wouldn't have fucked up as much as me and still be alive. Mark left that last part to himself. Not wanting to voice his self loathing in such an environment.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

So I see... *Ciara answers simply. She looks at her watch, then shakes her head.* I'm afraid I must be going, I still have much work to do tonight. You are free to wait here Deputy Connelly; but I would suggest keeping your distance. The Prince values his privacy and time in activities such as these. If there is anything I can do to accommodate you, my office is around the corner. *She dips her head slightly* Have a pleasant evening Deputy.
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

M
    Markos Connelly

"Yep, Good Night Keeper Maskelyne" Mark said and went back to petting Cerberus.

G
    Grey_Devil

Vitae

Azmi wander down the stairs after grabbing a quick bite from just outside the club, the girl hadn’t put up much of a fight, turning the meal into a quick snack rather than a long drawn out engagement.

Azmi adjusted his blazer slightly, the weight of his weapons now gone after coach check, making him slightly uncomfortable. He had decided to go with a simple blazer and white button up shirt to try and keep his appearance casual. Ashif had chosen the look and told him that it made him stick out in a bar less than trying to wander around in a nice suit.

Azmi’s eyes wandered around the room, seeing few kindred currently unengaged in conversation. There was no need for him to interrupt at the moment, he was simply making a social call.

Attire

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

As Asa danced with her and considered her words she silently and anxiously waited his response. Then when he finally broke the silence she was relieved that he was not upset at her for coming to him, and she never thought that she had made a good enough impression for him to consider she might be a good deputy.

The blind haunt offered no resistance when the Prince circled his arm around her waist and pulled her tightly against him. While the Prince outlined his instructions to her and his offer she was obviously pleased with this development and at the man's good sense. Asa had even suggested a course of action that she herself had offered at the Nosferatu meeting and smiled as she leaned slightly into the embrace to quietly respond back.

"Thank you very much your majesty. Your secret is safe with me and I'll do my best and get the job done."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Excellent," Asa said, loosening his hand and returning the space between them to a gentlemanly distance. As the song ended, he waved Olivette over, and placed Dirge's hand on his ghoul's arm.

"Olivette will see you back to wherever you wish, as well as provide contact information. Thank you for the dance."

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread