Alice stirred and felt that she was pressed up against something warm and didn't recall any such thing in her bed at home. When she opened her eyes she discovered that Nightfall was the explanation for the warmth she felt . She lay still for several minutes enjoying the moment while she remembered the incredible night the two of them had. She smiled and leaned forward to give him a soft kiss on the cheek then extracted herself and crawled out from under the sheets.

The Snowskin made her way to the kitchen and threw on a pot of coffee before heading into the bathroom for a quick shower. While the cool water rained down on her she wondered where this put the two of them.

Neil opened his eyes slowly, blinking. He could immediately tell by the ambient light that it was earlier than he was used to, and his ears picked up the sounds of the gurgling coffee pot and hiss of the shower.

He smiled into his pillow, rolling over and sliding a hand over the cool indention in the mattress. A rather loud voice in his head had almost convinced him that this wouldn't happen; that Alice would simply slip out, satisfied with another notch on her Crown. He laughed softly to himself as his eyes picked out the trail of clothes that began at the door; if anything, he'd made sure that notch continued to form big 'N' that wouldn't soon be forgotten. Fortunately, it seemed that wasn't the case, and he stretched his arms as he also remembered that Alice hadn't been kidding about enjoying physical affection.

Rolling out of bed, he grabbed a set of sweats and then padded over to the thermostat to lower it. He attempted to finger-comb his hair into some semblance of order, and smiled at several long strands of bluish-grey fur that were dislodged. Satisfied, he crossed over to the bathroom and opened the door, leaning against the frame as he admired the showering figure.

"Alice," he finally said. There might have a been a dozen more appropriate things to say, but it affirmed the fact that she had stayed rather than leaving, and there was an undertone of pleasure in his voice as he said the name.

The shower felt great and steady rhythm striking her body slowly started washing away her drowsiness. Then she heard Nightfall call her name and she poked her head out from around the shower curtain and smiled.

"Hey there sweetie. I hope I didn't wake you, you looked so cute laying there I didn't want to disturb you." Her wet fox ears suddenly perked up as she looked to Nightfall concerned, "You don't mind me using your shower do you?"

It was just irresistible, and just too cute. Neil reached out and stroked a damp ear, then stole a kiss from wet lips. "Speaking of cute..."

"Take your time. I just wanted to make sure it was you and not some other floozy," he added with a mischievous grin.

"Are you staying for breakfast?" he asked. There were other questions he wanted to ask, but if she was just being polite and was going to leave after the shower, he wanted to give her that opening. Part of him wanted to say silly things; to thank her for staying, and for last night; that he enjoyed her being here. At the end of the day though, the reality was that she was the Queen of Hearts, and that meant that she was the epitome of Spring.

After enjoying his touch and his kiss she responded playfully, "So you have floozy's over often? I'll have to keep a closer eye on you then so someone else doesn't snatch you away."

Smiling she continued. "Breakfast sounds wonderful, I could really use the energy after last night. You can really wear a girl out you know."

A slow smile accompanied small pink starbursts as he felt a light rush at the possessiveness implied by her words.

"You only have one chance at a first impression," Neil replied. He shook his now-soggy sweatshirt arm lightly, then decided it was a lost cause and pulled it off. As it landed with a loud thwop, he winked at Alice. "Unless you start over. Then you might have more than one chance."

"Share?" he asked, gesturing to the shower.

"True enough. It was a hell of a first impression though," she finished with a smile. "Thank god for second first chances."

When Nightfall indicated a desire to join her in the shower she smiled and spoke as she pulled the curtain aside. "I don't mind. You might want to give me a second to turn the hot water on."

Then she turned to the shower controls and turned on the hot water. As she bent over to get the knob it gave the fairest a good view of her waterlogged tail, which was a sodden limp thing and quite different than its usual puffiness when dry.

Neil had already opened his mouth to say it wasn't necessary; after all, he was both Russian and a former Winter courtier. Before he could, though, he had to clap a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. The wet tail looked so miserable and pitiful it reminding him of cats being bathed and he had to focus on kicking his sweat pants off while he regained his composure.

"Yeah, totally," he agreed with a smile, as he waited for his turn with the soap. Once it came, he began lathering up and motioned for Alice to turn around so he could wash her back; it wouldn't be near as fun as washing her front, but then they'd never actually get clean.

"Although... I'm not sure what impression we left with the others," he mused as he half washed, half massaged her back. He personally didn't care -- truth be told, he was more curious about what was in store for them. How the rumor/news would sit with some, such as the Summers or Rick, was a legitimate concern for the Freehold's Queen.

"I'm sorry," he quickly added, hoping he hadn't ruined the mood. If they had ignored the white elephants last night, it was silly to bring them up now in private.

Damn this water is warm, she thought as she stood in the shower. Nightfall's touch felt heavenly as he massaged the soap into her skin. Alice gave a soft sigh as she enjoyed his ministrations.

"Oh, let them talk. I'm not ashamed to be seen with you. I'm not sure how everyone would take the news and frankly they can go soak their head if they're not happy about it. But I'm glad you brought it up cause we should get this out of the way."

She paused for several moments before she turned her head to look back at him. "I wasn't lying when I said you were a great guy. I'd like it if we could be together, but I won't be offended if you just wanted a chance to sleep with the Spring Queen. I also don't want you to feel like this is something you have to do, because I won't get in the way of you following your heart as corny as that sounds," she finished with a smile.

The hands paused for a few moments, then resumed. His expression was smiling, and surprised, but there was a slight furrow to his eyebrows as he thought. Bits of water caught in his eyelashes as snowflakes once had. His Mantle, though, brightened and scintillated as a moment of change and sacrifice came upon it's agent.

"Wow," he finally said. "I wasn't expecting that... I thought... I don't know, that you'd..."

He thought she'd want time, and space, and had already decided not to talk about them and just let whatever she did set the tone. Which... she had, he just hadn't expected it to be verbal... or sudden.

"Let me try that again," Neil said, sliding his arms around her and meeting her turned faced with a kiss. "I'd like that, too."

"Are you sure, though?" he asked, studying her liquid eyes. He didn't want to come right out and mention Enzo, but he doubted he could 'start over' again.

Alice smiled as he stammered at her. She returned his kiss and she spun in his arms to face him. She leaned her forehead against Nightfall's then pressed up against him and returned his embrace.

"I'm sure I'll not regret a thing. Enzo and I are in the past, and we are just friends now."

Neil nodded, enjoying the kiss, and relaxing at the words. Mostly relaxing; the press of Alice's body against his had it's natural effect, and he could feel the Wisp inside wake as well. It was also becoming less odd and more Alice that the skin his hands slid down, and the petite body he lifted and sandwiched between the wall and himself, was cool, rather than warm.

"We're going to be late for breakfast," he murmured, kissing at the soft skin of her neck.

And all those other white elephants? For now, they needed to get used to watching.

She let out a giggle as she picked her up in the shower and pressed her against one of the walls. A smile spread across her face as she felt Nightfall's body respond to her presence.

"I think the kitchen will still be there when we're through," she said as she rubbed his back.

Neil nodded; silent, breathless, as they began to move together.

After they had affirmed the pleasant memories of the previous night weren't a one-off, Neil retreated to the kitchen to begin fixing crepes. Alice, after all, had a lot of hair to dry.

The wisp inside burned with a lazy glow, and even he was forced to admit that Alice's presence was intoxicating in a way that Alison and Myah couldn't match. Grace Quintain had been the only other he'd been so physically attracted to... but she'd been insane.

Neil deftly prepared the table and flipped crepes as he waited for Alice to emerge, humming.

Alice couldn't hide her excitement as she busied herself blow-drying her tail. After she finished she threw on some clothes and padded out into the kitchen wearing one of Nightfall's t-shirts.

"Mmmm, that smells good," she said as she poured a cup of coffee. Cup in hand, she made her way to the table and sat.

"They are good," Neil agreed, setting down a plate in front of Alice. He reached out to an opened can of Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk and took a spoonful, spreading on a crepe. "Like so...," he explained, replacing the spoon in the milk can, "And there's blackberry jam if you don't like that."

A few more flips, and he'd assembled his own plate. That, two cups of coffee, and cream and sugar are all deposited on the table as he takes his own seat.

"I know that crepe mastery isn't part of my seduction sales pitch, but I need a backup plan in case the sex isn't great. Luckily for you, you got great sex and surprise crepes," he said with a grin, unable to maintain a straight face.

"Well then, I should feel honored that I get both," Alice laughed heartily then picked up a fork to sample her new lover's culinary skill. She had never had crepes before and was surprised at how sweet and tasty they were.

"Wow. They are good," she said genuinely impressed. After she mixed some ice and sugar and creamer into her coffee she continued her breakfast. Hungrier than she thought she soon found her plate empty and she leaned back in her chair sipping her chilled coffee.

"I'm glad I decided to keep you around," she jokingly said. "I hope you won't get upset at me for getting serious or asking this, but I'm dying to know. What can you tell me about the Court of Dawn? I don't have much experience with them and the sound interesting. Besides it is obviously important to you so that makes it important to me too."

"I never knew, either," Neil said, with a still-surprised expression. "To put it in the easiest terms, we are the Court of Hope. But that's like... saying I know how to dance," he added with a laugh. "Potential, change, sacrifice -- these are the foundations that the Court of Salvation are based upon."

Neil stirred some of the sweetened condensed milk into his coffee, giving it a hint of caramel, before taking a sip.

"It feels completely right, and I belong."

He looked over at Alice with a speculative smile, before adding, "Just as Sam Barkley now belongs to Dusk... the Court of Dooms, for whom there is only acceptance, and no happy ending."

Alice's eye lit up as he described his court and the connection he had to it. "They sound wonderful. I can really understand where you're coming from there and I'm very glad that you found a place to fit in. It seems like it would be a good fit for you."

She paused for a moment considering his words about Barkley, "He's Dusk now? I guess that is why Gianna wanted him. What exactly do you know about Gianna? What is her game?"

"Every ending is a beginning," Neil answered, both in response to Sam and Gianna. He reached out and cupped Alice's face in a hand, running a thumb over the cheek with the scar. The Spring Crown. The park. Last night.

"Gianna? Solstice Court," he continued, remember her greeting to Alcee. Neil leaned forward and looked at Alice intently. "I know the Dawn representative came to me because Gianna invited her... and I know she left quickly so as not to anger Gianna."

Neil shrugged, and half shook his head. "I'm sure that the game she plays is way over my head... but I trust her. Just like I trust Katrin, despite everyone said, after Iceland."

"That's an interesting way of seeing things. An opportunity instead huh? A beginning," she finished before taking another sip from her coffee.

"Yeah, she is a little hard for me to follow as well. I haven't been around as long and there isn't much information about her. But if you trust her then maybe I should too. I think Katrin hates me..." Alice finished dejectedly.

Neil shook his head. "Well, you're... in a position that means you may not have that luxury. I feel I owe her my trust because she helped me find what I was looking for...

...but that doesn't mean I don't wonder if she was at the Orchestra that night."

He cocked his head to the side, seeing if Alice would understand. Because if that night had been last night, he wouldn't have walked out of the Four Seasons.

"And Katrin...," he continued, then trailed off.

"Katrin and I are both Treasured, so I understand to some degree how she feels about certain things. To not be... loved, or see someone else loved in your place... it... hurts. Like if you couldn't hunt anymore," he tried to explain, hand moving to stroke a soft, furry ear at the last.

"And it won't get any better between you two, now," Neil added, with a small frown.

Alice sighed as he commented about her not being able to trust people blindly. "I know. Sometimes I wish I didn't have this responsibility and that I could continue believing the best in people and that everything will work out. But protecting everyone and keeping them safe is more important to me in the end so I do what is necessary."

"Well I have a hard time understanding people at times, but I know what it is to be completely alone...and it scares me." She looked to Nightfall concerned, "Were you and her together or something or is this just because of that time in the throne room?"

A warm smile and wink came at Alice's words of being alone, but the next question took him a moment to consider.

"Once, a while back," Neil admitted. "She just... needed to not be alone. It hasn't been mentioned since, but I'm pretty sure she would like it to be, ummm, an ongoing thing," he elaborated, blushing.

He sighed, and rested his chin in his hand.

"I may need to talk to her. Especially if she blames you for my leaving the Onyx Court."

Alice nodded in understanding as he spoke. "I can relate to her. I've been there myself." She reached up and cupped his cheek with one cold hand. "Thank you for telling me dear." Alice got up and leaned in to give him a kiss. After she was finished she smiled warmly at him.

"If you think it will help things. I wouldn't want you to alienate anyone who is or was important to you."

Neil could probably count that list on one hand, and as the cool touch of Alice's lips faded, it was getting longer by one.