Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Departure | The home of Renault Femourir

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Sacramento hides its tenements with shame. The city is meant to be the face, the core, the jewel of California, and so the poor are swept into corners nestled underneath the junctions of underpasses.

A three block section of structures stand in grey-brown brick, with several noticeably shattered windows on lower floors. A black scorch mark stains an opening on the fourth floor, an indictment of the city who sent help just a few minutes too late.

Parking spots are plentiful on the swiss-cheese street, few have the luxury of automobiles in this neighborhood. Hell, you'd probably be stupid to park out in the open around here anyway.

Polo waits patiently on the sidewalk, wearing a sports jersey and medicine beads from his wrist up to his elbow. The heat is sweltering, and the smell of trash is baked into the concrete long after rain sweeps the refuse into the sewers.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne walks down the street blending in like a red coat at a minuteman meeting. It's not the clothes, they are fitting for this place. It's her walk or lack there of. More of an attempt not to get anything dirty on her shoes which means every few feet moving slightly or outright dodgy shady looking areas of concrete.

"Hello Polo." She says as she gets close, her nose wrinkling at the smell of this ... place.

PRE

Bookkeeping
    Jack passes by the street once and, noticing the state of lower level windows, decides to park a fair distance away before making his way back.

The Enchanter walks down the street in his normal style of clothes without his usual backpack, taking a similar approach to what Ariadne took. Except, when he dodges, he jumps over the dirtying area rather than just sidestepping it. For the larger such areas, he takes jogging starts to leap over them.

Jack finally walks up to Polo and Ariadne, a small grin on his face from the adrenaline pumping through him. "Hey," he says simply.

Some of Jordan's time with Henry rubbed off some. The young Mystagogue parked his car some three blocks away and walked the rest of the way. Corduroy pants and a blue pea coat marked a sharp sartorial contrast to his usual style. He approached the others:

"Hi, folks. How goes?"

Begrudging thanks writs itself on Polo's face. Every careful step Ariadne takes is guided by privilege, but it seems to be in the right direction.

"Many Blessings, Ariadne." He greets her, pressing palms together to make sure the Orishas were listening. "We are waiting for the - ah."

"Misseur Shepard, Misseur Falley. Blessings."
    Although Jack's little jumping game does not seem to have amused Polo. Does he think that the iniquity of this place amounts to some kind of children's game?

"We will be meeting my friend upstairs. He is Renault, a good man. He does not need to suffer knowing more than he must." He pauses, certainly the others might have questions.

OK...he's a Sleeper.

"Thank you, monsieur. We'll speak carefully. Can you give me any background on Monsieur Renault...where he comes from, what he does...that kind of thing?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne glances between the two bookworms and then the surrounding area. A pleasant smile on her face as she does.

Damn right you will, I'm not catching flak for a slip up on my first real gig.

PRE

"I think it'd also be useful t' know how much he does know, or at least what he believes, so we can play offa that if it comes to it without breaking the Lex," Jack suggests/asks.

"Renault is come from Louisiana; close to the New Orleans. He is a working man, in the factory, and now he is on the pension."

"When I speak to him, the dreams, he says, have come as long as he remembers, but never so strong, never so often. He tell me that something troubled his father much the same before he died. But he did not speak of it."

"You must understand, Louisiana is a place where what is human is not much hidden from the secret things of the world. Renault knows more than a mortal man should, much more... but still not the truth."

"We will tell him that you have powerful medicine, that the Jesus speaks to you and you have fought with the Devil. It will be enough for him."

PRE

Jack listens intently, then hmms as he processes it, thinking of a few ways to approach solving this man's dilemma. Finally, he says, "Sounds good enough to me. How about you two?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread