Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Grand Opening (belle fleur)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

When the waitress had come around to his side Simon had quietly ordered the Jambalaya and a glass of wine. Then he sat back and tried to relax as the environment grew more and more uncomfortable - despite the attractive decor of the restaurant.

When the two Changelings, who obviously had some sort of history together, picked up their drinks and hid behind them Simon coughed, clearing his throat, before addressing Alice "I don't believe we've met." though he knew the Spring Sovereign by her name "I'm Simon Oita."

He had no idea where he was going from there, but he had begun to feel as if he didn't say something that the little gazebo might implode from the tangible awkwardness.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil watched the water in his glass dance with the shards of light from his Mantle, brighter, and faster, and this moment --full of potential, and possible change-- almost made his skin tingle as if the scintillations were needles.

And then there was the sacrifice. His pride, of course.

He was half-tempted to see what would happen if he refused to pay the price; if Arianna would magically appear to spank him. Which might not be half bad, and serve Alice right, but it was really a foregone conclusion anyway.

As Simon spoke, Neil set his glass down and took the Remy from the waitress, taking a long pull of the smooth cognac. His father would have an apoplectic fit if he were there to see him drinking port before the meal. He took another swallow, for dear old dad and pride.

"I'd like that,"
    he finally said, putting his snifter down. "Very much."

Neil smiled and offered his hand.

After a moment, he grinned at Gianna and Simon. "Really, we need some applause or something. Dinner theater is hard enough without an unappreciative audience. Come on."

Doctor Jack encounters a peppy little hostess, barely hiring age, dressed in the waitress uniform of a white shirt, black skirt, and black tie. She leads him to one of the white wire frame tables in the courtyard lit with a single candle. The hostess pulls away the second chair and places it at another table, tells him the waitress will be there shortly, and bounces away. He can see that one of the gazebos is lit up for some sort of party but the guests don't seem to be having the boisterous chatting that would be expected on such a night.

---

In the gazebo the waitress jots everything down at the speed of lightning, scoops up the menus and hurries on out. The Lost guests can just slightly hear her through the vines informing someone out side that, "all the guests have made their order, can I get you anything Mr. Laballière?" She butchers the French name but Alcée's deep, smooth, voice answers back his typical warm attitude, "no, that's alright my dear, though another brandy would be divine; thank you."

After sending the waitress off to the kitchen and bar Alcée climbs the couple of small steps into the gazebo. Addressing the changeling guests he asks them to, "forgive me I needed to attend to a couple of things." His gaze looks to Alice now, though he addresses all of them; he may be guessing that she is the Spring Sovereign, heard it from unknown sources, or maybe his eyes were just attracted to the icy sheen on her pale skin, "I'm very honored to have you all in attendance here tonight and I would like to take this opportunity to offer my loyalty and my establishment here to the local Free Hold; the Antler Crown in particular. I believe that it is important to have good friends you can really trust, back home good friends are treated as family. Hopefully tonight we can get to know each other and initiate such a friendship."

Alcée smiles after his little speech and sits down at the table with them, he obviously enjoyed talking to them or hearing himself talk; it was uncertain. He doesn't seem to have any idea of the 'tenseness' although he disliked seeing the white vixen's ears turned back in such a fashion. He hopes the wine will lighten her mood, he's certain that her laughter as pretty as church bells ringing in Sunday sermon.

"Bravo!" Gianna cries rather loudly, perhaps too loudly, as she appaluds both Alice and Nightfall. "My dears, that was wonderful! Magnificent! The way the pair of you battled back and forth, such drama!"

Lifting a spoon, Gianna tastes her gumbo. It was rather good although ruined by all the voices around her, some of which weren't even her own.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice smiled and reached out to grasp Nightfall's hand. "I'd like that very much as well." She giggled softly at his comment about dinner theater and then her white features flushed a heavy shade of pink as Gianna loudly cheered for them. After she released Nightfall's hand she sat down and grabbed her tail and began twirling the end of it with a couple of fingers.

She turned to Simon and smiled while still playing with her tail, "I'm sorry things got so awkward there. I'm Alice White it is good to meet you."

Then Alice turned to the the flowering gentleman and smiled, "That is quite a generous offer. On behalf of Spring and the freehold I'm sure the lost will be very grateful." She looked around at the flowers as she continued, drawing attention to their surroundings, "Your establishment is absolutely beautiful and I'll have to come here more often."

Seeing Gianna begin eating Alice turned to her food to take her attention away from the embarassement she felt. Her gumbo sure smelled spicy and for a moment Alice wasn't so certain about ordering it. She took a small taste and found not only was it spicy, but it was hot as well. Alice reached up and touched an ice cube in her drink and then touched her meal while focusing on her wyrd. After her food was cold enough she tasted it again and then smiled in approval.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil smiled at Alice and then dipped his head in a mock bow to Gianna. "Thank you, thank you."

He was close to making a comment about an encore, but their host arrived and Neil listened attentively. As much as the man reminded him of Derek, he was unsurprised, although Alcee seemed more open and giving than the other Fairest. There was a egomaniacal, almost sadistic, streak he had seen in that Dancer, that had always unnerved him.

After Alice spoke, he looked up, glancing at Gianna, before deciding and turning to Alcee.

"Greetings from the Bloody Rose, as well,"
    he said softly, with a smile.

Neil's eyes slid back over to Alice, wondering what she would make of the revelation before he turned his attention to his own meal.

Neither burned, nor stirred, it was excellent.

Juno had observed some of the fliers and while it was probably outside of her budget, it wouldn't hurt to see what the new establishment was like. If it was too much, she could get a drink and leave. A lot of times, free shit was given out at grand openings, so maybe this would be a win situation after all. She even had a plastic baggie stashed in her jacket pocket for that contingency.

The Manticoress was dressed in black -- not a bit of color adorned her attire. Black sport coat, black tight profile skater jeans, black t-shirt with the 69 Eyes ankh logo and black skater shoes. She was wearing a long wallet chain on the left side -- not a single bit of jewelry whatsoever -- and it was the only shiney item in a sea of monochromatic. Even her Mantle seemed subdued as though it was being restrained; giving off only the faintest scent of dew-coated grass. Protest or loathing, it was one of those things that pointed to an affiliation with Spring on a far deeper level than the DeathMetal wardrobe and other defiant interests that had been the Fairest's focus since the Court Debacle.

However, despite her cold and very un-Spring like appearance, the Manticoress allowed herself a chance to examine some of the blooms; and while the ambience screamed More Than You Can Afford, she had to admit that whoever owned the pile had some taste in putting things together.

Remembering that the place was somewhat higher in quality than what she could afford normally (Taco Bell), she removed the unlit cigarette from behind her left ear and dropped it into a pocket. What was acceptable standard practice within the mortal crowd she found herself consorting with on a regular basis probably wouldn't be very well received here.

Her hands tucked into her jeans pockets, she looked around and wondered how long it would take to get seated.....or at all, since she couldn't remember if things were based on reservations only.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Blood Rose? I didn't know they were in town. Nightfall speaks for them? guess that explains his mantle...

Alice set down her spoon and raised an eyebrow at Neil's revelation. "Well, that didn't take long. I'm glad that you found somewhere to belong. You've much to offer a court, and it would have been a shame to waste away courtless. How long as Dawn been in Sacramento? I don't remember hearing about them before now."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Not long," Neil replied. He shook his head with a slight smile in a dismissive manner. He really didn't know exactly how he fit in; or rather, how he or the Auroral Court did, all things considered.

An amused smile turned to actual soft laughter as he regarded Alice, and he put down his fork. It was a joke that was difficult to put into words -- the fact that every which way, complications kept piling up.

Neil leaned forward, pushing away his finished meal, and a more serious expression replaced the laughter. He cocked his head in the direction of the piano music and gazebo steps before looking back at Alice.

"Care for a dance?"

"And from the Court of the Solstice," Gianna adds before returning to her gumbo, taking another mouthful before returning her attention to the restaurant owner.

"This is rather good, my dear. My compliments to the chef."

Page 3 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread