Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Grand Opening (belle fleur)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice followed the lost to the table and took a seat ensuring that her tail wasn't squashed this time. The snowskin found it irritating how difficult it was to retain any semblance of modesty sitting down in a dress with a tail and finally settled in with her tail poking up behind her and draped over of the the arms of the chair.

Raising her pinky to match Gianna, she smiled at the two of them. "I'll be sure not to tell myself, or anyone else, that I saw a thing." Alice grinned at Nightfall before she continued, "I guess that makes me Bonnie and you Clyde? How exciting."

She turned to the waitress and spoke, "I think I try this gumbo thing and an glass of iced tea."

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack walks up to the wooden gates with his phone at his ear.

"No, I understand... no problem, some other time. Okay... you too. Bye."

Damn. Well, I'm already here... might as well eat.

The good doctor looks for the hostess in order to change his reservation to a table for one.

Sigh.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil smiled apologetically at Simon, and hoped the other wouldn't ask for the explanation that would suddenly make the table much more awkward. Which, wasn't necessary at all, considering he didn't know what to make of it himself.

He picked up his glass of water, sneaking a glance at Gianna through the glass, wondering if she were playing some game. As the glass and water reflected and refracted the light of his Mantle, he squinted.

Doesn't change always start in the mirror?

The glass went back down as Alice and Gianna finished, and he arched an eyebrow at Alice's characterization of them. It was tempting to say that Lucie and Darnay, or Sampson and Delilah were much closer, but to every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the heavens.

"Oh? Is that who we are? Sounds like trouble,"
    he replied, a smile finally curving his lips. "But we'll go with 'exciting' and see how far that gets us."

"Catfish Courtbouillion, tea, and a glass of Remy Martin VSOP, please," he said, turning his smile to the waitress.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nightfall's smile was a positive indicator to Alice, at least she hoped it was. The fairest was a hard man for her to understand, even more so than most people. Alice looked to Gianna also not certain about her or what her deal was. The only indicator that she had was the woman's job and the respect that Katrin and Hal gave the woman.

One that that was quite interesting was Nightfall's mantle. Last Alice saw him he was courtless and leaving her throne room. Now here he was with a shining aura. The snowskin wasn't sure what to make of it, but there was one thing for certain there is no way that it would be a summer mantle. The woman may not know Nightfall very well be she knew that about him. She returned his smile and sat thoughtfully for a moment.

"So, have you heard anything about this place? The decor is gorgeous I hope the food matches it," she said in an effort to change the subject to something more pleasant.

"I'll have the shrimp gumbo and some apple juice, please," Gianna says to the waitress before turning her attention back to the table. In an effort to relax, she removes her glasses and places them on the table while listening to the ebb and flow of the conversation.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the role of designated raconteur fell to the sole Fairest at the table, especially with Gianna and Simon. In a very surreal sense, they felt almost like chaperones for Alice and himself.

"Belle Fleure, a recent blossom in the garden of Sacramento's dining scene, specializing in authentic Louisiana fare. Notable for what will become it's signature draw, lush blossoms of jasmine provide a airy, welcoming ambiance which is supported by outdoor dining gazebos which are both too private and too comfortable to simply be called 'quaint'," he extemporized, smiling, with a few hand flourishes to take in their surroundings.

"Although new, Belle Fleur has already proven itself capable of drawing a crowd, and the diversity is a testament to it's appeal: everyone from scoundrels to Queens are welcomed and treated as distinguished by the restaurant owner, Alcée Laballière."

Nightfall paused, taking another sip of water. He laughed softly and looked at Alice.

"That's the cliffhanger. Whatever comes next is a surprise,"
    he explained, ostensibly referring to the yet to be served meals.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice listen to Nightfall with a little and amused smirk on her lips at his eloquent description of the establishment. Finally she bursts into laughter as he finishes.

"You really are awful you know," she said still chuckling. "Leading a girl on like that. You had me going there."

She paused for a moment getting a little more serious. "I really am sorry for the other night. I was rude being distant like that and Enzo can be difficult to deal with at times."

Alice wasn't sure how much she should say exactly and then she remember Gianna and Simon were with them. She quickly reached for her glass while giving a quick glance at the other two out of the corner of her eye and then took a sip.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

The pink spots were back, as Nightfall's cheeks flushed again. While they had begun when his eyes had had left her face when her laughter became animated, they had grown at her words.

He also glanced at the other two. After a long moment, he continued his narration of Belle Fleur. "Although not for everyone, extra spicy off-menu items are also available."

Turning back to Alice, his large eyes studied her for a few moments.

"I'd say being led on is the soup du jour wherever we seem to find ourselves, then," Nightfall finally replied. He an arched eyebrow, losing it in the thatch of his hair. "And I'd also have to say 'dealing' with Enzo didn't look that difficult for you, at all."

The pink slowly creeped up his pointed ears and down his neck, and he, too, picked up a glass of water like a shield.

Gianna watched as the pair volleyed words back and forth across the table, a wee twinkle in her eyes. Some games were played for freeholds.

Other games were more important, and much more interesting.

Games of the heart, for example.

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice's ears wilted slightly and she gave a pained expression in response to his accusations. It was the kind of expression that she realized he had a point and felt bad because of her actions.

"Your right. It wasn't my intent to lead you on at all. I really was having a great time. You're a very interesting man Neil and our time together that night was fun. I do hope that we can get to know each other better,"
    Alice paused for a moment and took another drink from her water to search for the right words to say next. "I don't think it is a secret to anyone that Enzo and I have a past. He has been a friend to me and believed in me when no one else would, but wants more that I just don't feel for him. It is difficult for me and I don't want to hurt him. I realize that this a poor excuse for acting the way I did and not fair to you. I'm sorry. Do you think that we could start over?" Then it was Alice's turn to flush pink and hide behind her glass. It was incredibility embarrassing to be doing this in front of others.

Page 2 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread