Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Sam pulls the older model BWM up to the front doors of the Sundown, parking just long enough for Max to exit before heading to a nearby parking garage. He's dressed more like a newsboy than a modern professional, with a gray vest over white shirt and Baker Boy cap. He quickly finds his way into the hotel, spotting Culler's ghoul.

He strides up to the poor thrall, smiling a little.* So, hosted any comic conventions lately? Tell your boss Max Heinz is here as he requested.

Gary seems to relax a little when Max talks to him. He had gotten used to Kindred treating him in a certain way and Max's friendly tone was welcome.

"Heh, no - thank Christ. Dealing with those two guys the other night is enough for me. Lord Culler's in his office, I'll show you the way."

The ghoul leads Max back into the employee's only area to an office door. He knocks twice then enters.

Inside Arnold sits behind a large wooden desk. On the desk is a computer monitor and a somewhat disorganized pile of papers. In one corner is an HDTV and a sofa lines one wall of the office. There's also a chair sitting opposite the desk and a standing hat and coat rack by the door.

"Mr. Heinz" Arnold says, looking up from his work as the man enters. He stands and walks around the desk, extending a hand to him "I'd like to thank you for your part in aiding me back to my feet. I meant to thank you that night, but I was forced to hurry when I heard that the Prince desired my presence."

He gestures to the chair "Please, have a seat."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max manages a laugh with Gary; he'd never been comfortable treating ghouls like slaves. Perhaps he was still young enough to think of them as people rather than just food. Or perhaps he had rendered feeding down to such a cold equation that he didn't think about it as much as others.... Something to ponder another time. Either way, he follows the ghoul to Culler's office, shaking the Reeve's hand firmly.*

Glad to have you back, Reeve. Though, I must admit I acted out of self-preservation. With all that happens in Sacramento, I feel much better having you up and able to handle it. And believe me, I understand not wanting to keep the Prince waiting... *He says with a smile, taking the offered seat.*

Arnold chuckles as he walks back around and seats himself behind the desk. Leaning forward and folding his hands on the surface of the desk he speaks to Max "From what I've heard you showed initiative, ingenuity, and resourcefulness. Truth be told I'm impressed. Such talent is a commodity in Sacramento. I'd like to offer you the job of Deputy as a permanent appointment but, first, tell me more about yourself."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max dips his head.* Thank you for the kind words, Revee.

I've been in Sacramento almost a year now. I'm Mekhet, and a member of the Ordo. Truth be told, I'm more of an academic than an athletic; I was rather surprised when Deputy O-Yama called me. Though I am glad I was able to be of some assistance.

Besides my help in that little affair; there isn't much else to tell. I tend to shy away from the politics of the Dance, simply because so many others find more enjoyment in it than I do. Why should I spoil their fun when I'd much rather be elbows deep in my library. What other information would you wish to know Revee Culler?

Arnold steeples his fingers, leaning back in the chair and regarding the man before him "What skills and resources do you hope to bring to the office of Deputy? Are you exceptional at any specific type of combat? What is your knowledge of Kindred Disciplines? Tell me what kind of Deputy you would make, that is other than, from what you say, a bookish one."

S
    Sandman

Cassandra had picked out a pantsuit set for this meeting. Her hair tied back into a tight braid. The suit being a deep green colour that changed the colour of her Hazel eyes. Her heels were a bit conservative. little more than an inch and a darker green than the suit. Almost black in colour.

She took a moment to stare up at the hotel before finally stepped inside and moved towards the front desk. Taking on a bit more serious expresion as she spoke.

"Good Evening. I'm looking for a Mister Culler. He should be expecting me. My name is Cassandra Dawes."

She expected to have to wait a few minutes for the Reeve to be free to see her so she already started looking for the most comfortable place to wait. Seeming to fully expect the Reeve to be informed that she was there.

The Receptionist asks Cassandra to please wait in the lobby. She doesn't wait long before Arnold's ghoul, Gary, appears. He approaches her, and speaks softly.

"Lord Culler is currently in a meeting with someone. I will inform him of your presence. He should be available shortly."

S
    Sandman

She sees Gary and smiles to him. A quick pleasant smile matched with a nod of her head.

"thank you. I will wait here until he's available."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

I'm not exceptional in any one form of combat, but I do know which end of a guy to point towards the enemy, and I did a few years of boxing while at Princeton. And I've been putting in time at the gym since Prince Clarke assigned me to assist you... *Max can't help but savor the irony that now is the time he's began studying physical combat. If he had been deputized sooner, would it have made a difference?

Max pushes the thoughts away, he had to concentrate on the task at hand.* What I do have to offer is my expertise in the occult, knowledge that helped free you from your predicament. And the advantages Mekhet blood offers in stealth and observation. I think my best use would be in a capacity similar to that of a Detective. Come in and assist in situations that require covert observation or aid in solving mysteries that pop up.

Given the time I'm sure I could improve my value in combat; it is simply right now I am only a capable fighter, not a superb one.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread