(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall considered Juno's words, comparing what she saw to what he saw, sifting for the truth.

"I don't think you've ruined you chances with anyone,"
    he answered, brows furrowing in commiseration. "We all... have our endearing qualities," he continued with a wink and smile, "But I doubt anyone would deny anyone their true belonging. I could talk to Katrin... I'm sure Terri would introduce you to HAL...

...or you can talk to Alice. But... you shouldn't feel like an outsider in your own Court,"
    Nightfall summarized, looking over to see if she'd notice he'd slipped in Autumn.

Truth was, he had no idea what would happen if he went to see Katrin, or if there would be Hunt called by the Freehold upon him. Anything was possible.

Suddenly, his phone rang, and he stepped away to answer it.

That puzzled her a bit. HAL was the Autumn King. Where did that suggestion come from? She didn't consider herself creepy or particulary gifted for magic -- which as she understood it was their thing. She understood the tenets of her own Court, she could see where Winter was coming from with the seclusion and feeling sorrow aspects....but Autumn?

She waited for Nightfall to take his call, then, "You mentioned HAL....and Terri. They're Autumn...but where would I fit in with that? I'm an artist who provides people with what they want. That's Spring as anyone would see it. Because I'm a monster by default? Now you have me...curious....as to what you see, and how."

There was a hint of curiosity in the Manticoress' voice. So something may have caught her interest after all. Even if she didn't act on the idea, at least immediately, she had been nudged into asking questions instead of accepting.

"You're right, Nightfall. No one needs to be an outsider. We've given so much and fought too hard to be where we are now for that to happen; but it's such an easy trap to fall into, isn't it?"

I....am becoming tired of this hiding; this fear, this avoidance and over what really? The telling of the truth, unwelcome though it was? This is not a good way to live nor can I remember the last time I was truly happy...was it with Sam Skrit? He's trying to offer me ways to start living.

"There...was another Spring member I had...ties with...and I felt more comfortable with him than with some of the others in my own Court whenever he was around. And had he remained in town I think things would have been different. Sam Skrit was an artist, like myself. We had a lot in common, and we were beginning to learn about those things....but then he left. It's been months and no word from him. It...has been difficult. When he was around, I felt...look at me. I'm hardly attractive...to other Lost. He didn't seem to have a problem with....you know. Only one other person has realized what's going on beneath what was done to me, and that, I think, is Marcus."

Juno didn't finish the sentence.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall bit his lower lip, slightly, wondering how to phrase an answer without seeming... critical. As if Juno, or any feline, ever responded to that.

...and he really didn't want her to walk away and show him her butt for an answer, as said felines were often wont to do.

"It's hard to explain, but you seem very... guarded,"
    he began. A good start, he thought. Diplomatic. "Maybe it's not always the emotion you evoke, but the one you personify, or identify with, that's the most comfortable."

That was really the best he could do, without alluding to the fact that she was afraid of people, and relationships.

He nodded seriously at her next question, wondering how she could see that, but be so... isolated. As she continued, he nodded. He'd seen so many come and go from the Freehold, he understood what it was like. Often, thoughts of Lisaundra and Grace came, and what might have been.

"Speaking of Marcus, he may be showing up. That was Terri, and she and some Summers are coming to meet us. As far as the other... think about it. I might be wrong."

"Well....see. That's where the oddness of this comes in....because I always believed, and was told, that Autumn was about the promotion of Fear -- the emotion, and decline -- the seasonal aspect. Promotion, as in keeping people in line. I never heard anything about them actually fighting or helping alleviate it. I do know, however, that they specialize in gathering knowledge and studying magic."

She seemed to stiffen slightly when he mentioned the participation of the Summer courtiers. This may have been a trap after all. She just as quickly regained her composure when Marcus' name came up. So there was, perhaps, something she could hold on to.

At the very least she was talking and not just standing coldly on the sidelines.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Is it?" Nightfall asked, genuinely curious. "It's not like I ran around trying to make people cry... I've never seen Terri or Rick run around trying to scare people. I thought it was about... your closest association, whether that's fomenting, experiencing, or simply revering. Like, what you understood, and what makes you who you are."

Maybe that was the problem... and maybe he was wrong. Maybe Summer was supposed to run around like jackasses to piss people off.

It didn't feel right.

If anything, he had spread more desire than any other emotion, but there had never been a question with the Onyx of whether or not his tears were pure, or his claim to them deserved.

She's quiet for a long moment, then, "There's a lot I don't know. Maybe I need to make more of an effort to learn more."

She looked at Nightfall with those intense blue eyes of hers, then, "I'm not living up to my potential, am I?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall narrowed his eyes, but the light smile remained.

"I'm not your school guidance coucilor, Juno,"
    he finally replied, laughing softly. "I'd personally rather people be happy than... fulfilling their potential."

A foot flicked out and tapped Adin.

"Right?"

"ZOOOOOOM!" Al replies before looking up to the coolest man on the planet.

"Yep!"

He then goes back to his video game.

"I....think I understand where you're coming from now. To reach a potential, you have to be happy with what you're trying to do to accomplish it."

Right now, there's isn't much for me to be happy about.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Drawing upon his experience as a mime, Nightfall plucked the invisible banner of Juno's words out of the air, and straightened it out. Taking scissors, he cut off a span of each end, then tapped each word with a finger as he spoke.

"Be happy with what you're trying to do."

"That's all,"
    he clarified, wiping away the letters in a broad gesture and looking to see if the Manticoress understood.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread