Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
School Days

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Simon picks up Sable in a modest sedan. Together they drive to Wagner Academy. When they arrive in the parking lot Simon turns to Sable and says "Somehow I don't think that these people are just going to tell us where to find her, but I'm going to ask anyway. I was thinking maybe you could walk around and see if you could ask any of the kids. You look young, maybe they'll think you're a student."

While waiting for Sable to reply, Simon can see that the Academy is pretty busy today, some kind of end of semester bash being organizied where students can bring their parents and tutors can tyr to be polite to the people who pay their wages. It involves lots of balloons, banners and loud music.

Sable seems put off by all the excitement. So many eyes to see her. Watching her, judging her, maybe even sizing her up as prey. "I, uh, guess I could do that," she says nervously, sliding down out of the passenger seat and starting across the parking lot. "Do you think they're giving away food?" She asks Simon looking at the banners and balloons before she parts ways with him; wandering aimlessly into the crowd in hopes of free pizza or better yet, clues about the Fetch that was hiding here.

Simon moves through the crowd, looking for a main entrance or an office or something.

As he does so he scans the crowd, hopeful that the person they were looking for might just be mingling around the event.

Sable manages to pretty much blend in with the surrounding students, many of whom are excited with finally reaching the end of the year. And it seems her luck is in; Wagners have put on a fine feast for those who have come to visit the Academy.

Inside the building all is quiet as many of the students and faculty members have joined the festivities, with only a few lingering number hanging around inside. Simon manages to find the receptionist office with little hassle, and the door is closed. Through the glass though, he can see a woman of retiring years at a desk, flipping through a copy of the Sac Bee.

Sable nervously maneuvers through the crowd on the way up to the food table and loads a paper plate down with one of everything. As she's scooping a cold soda out of an ice chest, with the cold indifference of a teenager, she mumbles something offhandedly to the next person in line for a drink without even turning their way to say it; "hey, have you seen Ms. Goodkind around here?"

Simon walked in to the Reception office and gave a friendly smile to the woman there.

"Hello." he says in greeting "I'm looking to get in contact with someone who works here."

The student standing closest to Sable turns slightly as she pulls the cup away from her mouth after taking a small sip, her friend turning also..

"Nah, 'friad not. She's probably down at Mr. Lovitz's office," she says with a knowing smile, her friend giggling before adding, "Yeah, 'cos I'm sure his wife loves their little 'chats'." With her fingers, the friend does air-quotations.

Inside Wagners

The woman looks up and its clear to Simon that she could possibly have seen it all and got the tee-shirt to go with the ride. Surely, experience is etched all over her wrinkles.

"And who would that be?"

Sable snickers at the student's crudeness, "well, ima have to break their 'chat' up. I need to talk to her." She also makes the air quotations as she says 'chat' then nods thanks to the helpful student. Taking her plate and her soda she starts off toward the building entrance that looks to be more offices than classrooms; she eats awkwardly as she walks almost dropping tasty morsels on several occasions.

"A Miss Goodkind. Joanna Goodkind." Simon replies simply. He wasn't going to elaborate more than the woman asked for, electing to take this one step at a time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread