Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
School Days

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

"I was curious about the item regarding her that was in the newspaper recently. Shouldn't she be the one to decide if she wants to speak with me? Who are you to ask me my business?"

Simon had never been the best at persuading people. Intimidating them, maybe, but not generally good at persuasion. Still, he does his best.

Persuasion - 2 suxx

"Well, well, well...Joanna, I mean, Miss Goodkind, has been through a lot recently, and...well, I'm not sure," Mr. Lovitz blusters before his shoulder sag at something in Simon's voice. "Fine, but no funny business."

Simon nods "Thank you. Now, excuse me."

He walks past Mr. Lovitz into the classroom "Miss Goodkind?"

When Simon enters, he sees Joanna Goodkind sitting at one of the seats that face the front of the class and hearing her name she turns, and leaps from her seat in blind panic.

"Wh-what are you!?" she screams, tears flowing from her face as she tries to push herself away from the Wizened.

Simon is at first surprised at the woman's response, but then the surprise fades to grim understanding. He couldn't be sure, not at this juncture, but her reaction went far to confirm his suspicions. The 'woman' standing before him was no more Joanna Goodkind than a pile of straw and pebbles.

Simon quickly removes himself from the room. He wouldn't get any information from a hysterical woman, particularly if she was a Fetch as he suspected.

Perhaps the witness the Security Guard had mentioned?

Looking to the male teacher "She seems hysterical. Are you sure she's recovered from her ordeal? Perhaps I'll come back later."

Without anything further he leads Sable away, after they've made some distance he looks to her as they walk "I think she's a Fetch. The way she acted it was as if she could see through the Mask. I'd always heard Fetches could."

Sable doesn't need telling twice and quickly trails along beside Simon.

"Yeah, that's wha I thought," she said, even more nervous than before. Her eyes dart back and forth as they head away from the classroom, and the Academy.

Reaching the car, an envelope lies in wait under the wiper blade. It is addressed to Saito O'Connor.

The Letter

Simon clenches his fist, crumpling the note as he clenches his teeth in anger. His eyes quickly scan the parking lot and surrounding area, searching for any sign of the one called Lawrence - though he imagined he would find none.

He hands the crumpled note to Sable. "Evidently, this is personal."

Lawrence was truly Lost if he blamed Simon for what he'd done during his Durance, but that only made him all the more dangerous.

Simon was right on both counts. There was no sign of the crimson haired Fairest around, instead a campus full of student activity. Sable tries the door, head moving to look around also.

"Can we get outta here please?"

Simon nods to Sable. They get in the car and leave Wagners.

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread