"No problem Reeve Culler?! What the fuck was I thinking," Lori says, talking to herself in the empty basement of the Grindhouse. Well, not completely to herself. Konstantin was there, torpid, head hanging on his chest and a stake driven into his sternum.

"Well boss, it’s time to go," she says to ex-Priscus' limp body before lifting him up on her shoulders in a fireman's carry. Lori groans under the torpid Kindred's weight, he is a burly guy, heavier than he looks even. "Oh, you're going on a diet after this one, no more pies for you," she tells him then lugs his body up the stairs and out the back service entrance.

"Now ya' gotta sit here nice and purdy like while momma Lori finds us a ride ok?" Lori chuckles at her own joke in the dark alley then lets the sack of potatoes that was Konstantin slide of her shoulder. His body flops to the pavement gently and he limply sits against the side of a dumpster. He looked safe enough to Lori; hairy bearded unkempt guys fell asleep next to dumpsters all the time in a big city like this.

"With luck, no one will see that huge piece of wood in your chest right boss?" She had taken to the sarcastic nickname she made up for him; he was her boss at one point after all - in a way. It was weird seeing him like this and almost burning him didn't help her relations between them either. Joking around was making the quiet, loneliness of hanging out with a torpid dead guy just a tad easier. What did it matter, wasn't like he could say anything about it.

With not much of a plan in mind Lori takes off at a jog to the nearest street block, looking for any activity. There's a guy walking to his car, keys in his hand, he looked like maybe he just closed down one of the stores or restaurants nearby. Inspiration strikes. Lori starts to run faster and lets out a piercing scream. "He's trying to rape me, he's trying to rape me, oh my god please help mister!" Lori yells down the street to the guy near the car, making up the story about rape entirely hoping that the guy was the helpful type.

He isn't, the guy bolts in terror. "What a fucking tool," Lori growls picking up the pace to her full speed, her undead muscles never tiring. It’s too easy catching up to the guy; he sprinted for maybe twenty seconds before he started to slow down. He gets one chance to look over his shoulder back at Lori before she tackles him to the ground sitting on top of him like a bully on the playground. Raising her fist as far back as it would go, ready to break his face, she says, "gimme your fucking keys you little shit. I swear, if anyone saw me have to chase you like this I'm going slice you pussy to ponytails. Oh, and don't you dare fucking scre..."

The guy starts yelling and hollering about, "call 911! This bitch is crazy! She's gonna fucking kill me, help!" That's when she decides its best just to get a bit of blood from the guy, make him relax. She leans in, easily holding his arms out of her way despite is valiant attempts at escape, and sinks in her fangs.

All the commotion stops at once. Lori's rigid attack pose melts over her prey whom, by this point had fallen limp and even moans in pleasure occasionally. It feels so good to drink, she loses herself in it for a brief moment but stops abruptly. Snapping herself away from the wound when he's had enough blood drawn to leave him unconscious and loopy. She stands, staggering a bit, feeling exhilarated from the chase.

Wiping her mouth she looks up and down the street but all's quiet. Thankfully these days people hear weird noises out on the street and don't get all worked up. They're always too busy keeping themselves safe. America, the home of the me.

Lori once again scoops a limp body up on to her shoulder and fireman carries the guy she'd just fed on over to his car - the only one parked on the street this late.

"What the fuck, where'd your keys go?" Lori starts to say to the limp victim on her shoulder as she tries the car's locked door. He stays silent, of course, still unconscious from The Kiss.

"Not giving it up, hm?" She mocks, the bite of her annoyance thickly clinging to her words. She lays the guy down next to his car and starts looking all over the sidewalk for where he might have tossed them during the struggle. He probably threw them in attempt to prevent her from taking the car.

It was working. The keys were nowhere to be seen and she needed to hurry. Konstantin couldn't hang next to the trash bin all night and eventually this Kine was going to wake up with a bad headache and a grudge.

Plan B, break into the car and pray for a spare. 'cause you suck at this gone in 60 seconds bullshit...

"Where's Sean when you need him?" -He was decidedly the more successful thief of the two.

Lori groans then drags herself over to the driver side window; frustration with the whole night in general was building. She looks in the window as though wishing the locks would just pop up on their own accord but they don't of course. Nothing is ever easy, right?

"Open sesame motherfucker," she says, producing a bobby pin out of the tangled mass of gel and hair on her head and bends it to the appropriate shape.

The pin breaks off in the lock with a defiant *SNAP!*. The innards of the lock grind and click, she's ruined all chances of getting in that way.

"Goddamnit! Of course, what else? It’s not our night, boss, it really isn't," she curses into the quiet of the night, still rambling on to Konstantin even though he was cozy behind his dumpster in the back alley. If being all delicate and careful didn't work it was time to use brute strength.

A shower of glass clatters to the pavement and on to the driver side seat as Lori's head smashes through the window with surprising ease. She starts laughing at her own ability and continues to do so even as a bit of dead, dark red, blood starts to glop around a wound on her temple.

The search was on; she starts digging through all the fast food wrappers and glove compartments in the car looking for an extra key to the ignition. Pack of smokes, reading glasses, wrappers, bottles, un-used condoms, a lighter, an iPoD, cell phone, a change of clothes that smelled a little even to Lori's dead nose, and finally.. a spare, it was hanging on a long purple and gold Lakers lanyard and it was stuffed into one of those pockets hiding places on the back of the passenger seat. The first bit of real luck all night. "Good thing this guy's a total slob, shit's starting to look up," she says with mild amusement returning to her tone.

Lori loaded the Kine into the back of his trunk. She'd tied his hands and feet with a couple of the shirts she found in the car and gagged him with a smelly gym sock. It wasn't pleasant, she didn't like having to do it to the guy, but fuck - she couldn't have him waking up and seeing a landmark like the Sundown outside his window.

Now that the Kine was safely snuggled in his trunk, dreaming about sexing up some hot vampire girls, it was time to pick up Konstantin.

He was right where she'd left him; head rocked back staring blankly at the sky. Lori had driven the car around to the back of the building she'd left him at to pick him up. She puts his right arm over the back of her neck and walks him over to the passenger side, his feet dragging limply behind them. Stuffing him into the seat she finds that the vampire is having a hard time staying upright in the seat. So, she buckles him up with the seat belt. "Click it or ticket right boss?"

The open road, finally, and (thanks to the brilliant ingenuity of Priscus Meyers) a nice breeze was streaming in through the window as they rode through town. Street lights were zipping by, shedding light on Konstantin's statuesque face then dropping it back into shadow over and over. The way the light moved over him it almost seemed like he moved his lips, like he was licking them, maybe even preparing to speak. It creeped Lori out, she tried not to look at him and just drive. Then his head rolled on his neck toward her, she could swear it, still she kept her eyes on the road determined a bump in the road made the torpid vampire more animate.

"You are nothik, you danced vhen Prince said dance, but you are still nothik, veak pathtic little lamb disguising herself as real Savage," Konstantin's thick Russian accent comes to her slowly and mockingly, the taste of venom in his tone. His head was still hanging on his chest, the stake still firmly in place, but his neck was now bent unnaturally to be staring toward the driver's side of the car.

"Uh-ha..Ha-ha yeah right boss, you're definitely not talking right now," Lori was giddy with fear; nothing had freaked her out like this in a long time. "I have to be losing my mind, that's it, just crazy," she flicks the radio on and nervously checks the rear-view as they pull up to a stop light.

"Vhy not try being real Savage? Say fuck the Prince and his little posse, hm?"

"Oh yeah, you're one to talk aren't you? Didn't the Prince just thank you for your 'loyalty and duty'? You would have toasted me in a second if given the order," Lori answers without thinking about it at first. "Oh shit, I'm talking to a cadaver, what the hell?!" She yells, realizing she couldn't possibly be talking to the real Konstantin right now then speeding away from the light as it turned green again.

"Pathetic, you don't have vhat it takes to impress the Prince, he will crush you vhen he learns vhat you really are," that smooth Russian voice continues, grating into Lori's confused/reeling mind.

The world was starting to tilt a bit, in Lori's mind, she had to keep the car straight though. Last thing she needed right now was a cop to pull her over for severing then find a staked Russian man in her passenger side seat.

"Shut the fuck up! There's no way you're talking with a goddamn tree branch through your chest. We're going to get to the Sundown and then your Arnold's problem! Now, fuck off, we're almost there," she berates her torpid comrade, trying to stay on the road. "I don't care about the Prince, I did this for the clan!"

"Sure, sure, tell yourself that, heh heh heh," the Russian voice gives a cool, calm, mocking chuckle. "You vanted it for yourself, you vanted to feel po…”

"LA!LA!LALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU FUCKER!!" Lori screams, chanting her little made up song over the radio and the voice in her head.

"Eh, fuck you then, stupid –young-thing, you vont learn," Konstantin's voice says over Lori's shouting even though it was as cool and smooth as before, never raising in volume. The torpid vampire's head rolls sharply to the right, starring away from Lori now - out the passenger side window.

The rest of the ride was quiet, except for the sounds of the radio and what Lori kept imagining was knocking coming from the trunk. The sound was actually just the guy's junk rattling around the back seat but she was paranoid. When she pulled up at the employee only door where Gary, Arnold's Ghoul, was to meet her she was white as a ghost - whiter than usual any way.

After she ditched the car she stole and untied the unconscious Kine, leaving him to wake confused but unharmed sometime after her grand escape, she headed back to the Sundown on foot and helped Gary bring Konstantin down to the basement. Gary, polite as always, offered kindly if Lori would like to spend some time in the Hotel's restaurant or bar. She accepted, it was waaay past beer :30 and had rolled on over to shot o'clock and this guy looked like he could make a mean drink.