Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
O I'm Sorry.......Part Deux

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus distractedly nods to the bartender as each of the women orders her drink, only catching the freeloader after her drink had already been poured. At first, he turns an angry and indignant face toward the Darkling, but his features soften as he notices that she is a bit of an odd bird.

"Oi, you there. Him's name is Marcus... and he's used to ladies at least introducing themselves before putting their drinks on his tab."

In actual fact, he's really not.

Sara's head twitches round, her silvery eyes fixing on Marcus and studying him and his Mantle. She bows her head and then speaks up.

"But that can only happen once. You wish for us to give our names everytime we put a drink on your tab? But yes, my name is Sara, I apologise if I offended you, it was not this one's intention."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

"The turncoat's oath." Fu says looking a tad confused. He hadn't missed anything had he? Damn it Marcusssss.

Maybe if Fu had realized that the brother's names were related to the constellation Canis Major who's major star was Sirius he could crack a joke or something. Instead he stands there awkwardly.

"Oh right. Well, it goes like this. Imagine that you've got your claws around the throat of your target, so tight you can feel his pulse thudding into your palm, see the piss on his pants, and he knows he's about to die, and he's gargling, pleading to live. Well, in that case, you can enact the Turncoat's Assurance."

Sirius/Canis/Major looks at Fu to ensure this is going in. "Basically, you need to then write up a document of the pledge in vegetable or fruit juice and when done, the turncoat then signs using the blood of an animal or insect. Once complete, the turncoat then flees, never to come back. What'cha gotta realize though is that this is when you are being exceptionally lenient and they've gotta know it. Otherwise, you might as well gut'em there and then."

Fu
    Fu

PRE

"Alright good to know. Not sure if I'll use it when it comes to that but useful anyway." Fu's stoney face contorts into a smile. Hey dog's aint always pretty.

"I'm guessing you'll be in touch with me?" He says with a chuckle.

The Beast shrugs with a wicked grin.

"Depends if you go on my naughty list, Fu." He slaps his fellow Hound on the shoulder. "Take care."

With that, the three brothers head off again.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

A rumbling echo of an avalanche substitutes for Fu's chuckle as they walk off.

"You too Brothers"

Fu smiles contently to himself and reflects briefly on what just happened.

Nifty His internal monologue sounds oddly like Jamie Hyneman.

He makes his way back into Harry's. Ahh Summer, the most wonderful time of the year.

Marcus Evan

PRE

After paying the tab, Marcus looks at her in confusion for a moment, then simply shakes his head.

"It's alright... but you should really try to get into the habit of paying for your own drinks from now on. It's just common courtesy."

Definitely an odd bird...

Marcus raises his glass to Faith and Xerxia before taking a long pull of his lager. His mind is still apparently on other things.

"Job well done, ladies. Nice teamwork."

Sara produces her phone as it vibrates silently and checks the display, nimble fingers tapping over the buttons.

"I'm sorry, please excuse me, and thank you for the conversation."

She bows her head and leaves, a small clink as she puts a few dollar coins in front of Marcus.

Exit Sara.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"Indeed!" Xerxia says with a smile, raising her glass in cheers and taking a swig of her Guinness. She turns around when she hears the doors open. "Hey, Fu. Come join us!"

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread