Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
His Eye Is on the Sparrows

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack pull his Lexus up in front of the Sparrow residence. Turning to Bert, he gives him a smile and a wink as he tell the Ogre the part he would like him to play.

"Okay, I'm going to act like I have an appointment with the parents. Your name is Mike and you are an intern. You'll need to disguise your voice, or just try not to speak, so she doesn't recognize you from the phone. Keep your eyes peeled for anything strange, especially that darn cat. Okay? Let's go."

Briefcase in hand, the good doctor exits the car and leads the way up to the front door. He waits until Bert is standing beside him before he rings the doorbell.

Bert nods and looks away for a moment as he digs into his arsenal of voices he used for his act. What he comes up with is a raspy voice of someone that would belong to a bartender. "Lead the way doc" he says with a smile as he follows him up to the door.

The doorbell rings and it takes a few moments before anyone answers. Finally, when the door does open, a woman in her late thirties is standing before Jack and Bert and looks truly crestfallen, heavy bags under her eyes.

"Hello?" she asks with much sorrow in her voice. Bert instantly recognizes her as the woman he spoke to on the phone.

"Hello. Mrs. Sparrow? I'm Dr. Carlton and this is my intern, Mike. We had a... um, is this a bad time?"

The woman steps out from the house and pulls the door closed behind her.

"I'm Kate, Sandra Sparrow's sister. Little John died earlier this week." She tries her best to hold it together but even for the two fae, the turmoil building in Kate is apparent.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Even though he had suspected as much, the horror on Dr. Carlton's face was genuine. He had lost another child.

"I'm so sorry, Kate. I was going to take over John's therapy. If there is anything I can do for the family, please don't hesitate to call."

Doctor Jack pauses for a moment before he continues.

"Was it that nasty flu-strain that's been going around?"

Kate finally breaks at the thought if it, covering her face with her hands as she nods to Dr. Carlton's question, tears streaming.

Bert is startled at hearing that Dr. Jack's patient had died. how many of those kids would be taken? And who was next? As the woman begins to burst into tears, Bert heads to the kitchen, grabs a paper towel and heads back to join them, waiting to see if the woman will be able to continue answering questions or not, paper towel ready just in case.

Bert

OOC

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread