Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist stepped outside the grindhouse and immediatly began heading for her car, welcoming the chance to leave Court politics behind. Behind her she could hear the footsteps of Eric following her. Along the way she thought on why the Seneschal had sent him to her to learn the rules. As hound she knew she was partially responsible for keeping those in the city obeying the rules of Asa- but generally teaching them the rules wouldn't fall to her. Unless...

She stopped suddenly and spun around to face Eric.

"You are Daeva." She stated it as a statement but the slight lilt at the end of her phrase gave him leave to answer it as though it were a question.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

t
    tangmcgame

"Yes, and I was told you are my Priscus. I suppose it's a good thing I was ordered to meet you, then."

Eric nods slightly as he speaks, but tries to keep his tone and mannerisms neutral. The strong approach hadn't served too well with the Seneschal, and he couldn't afford to alienate the leader of his Clan.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I see." Her voice was neutral as she turned and resumed walking.

*Ordered to meet me. You ought to have sought me ought.*

They arrived at her car and unlocking is she waited until he had sat before starting the car. She waited until she was pulling out of the parking lot before speaking again, "Rules first as they are the most imortant for you to be able to eat."

"One, the Masquerade must be kept; two, Childer will not be sired without permission, either by the Prince or on his orders; three, the destruction of another Kindred's property will be met with grave consequences; four, causing the death of another Kindred is forbidden, unless by the hands of the Sheriff or the Hound; five, no Kindred shall charge boons to new members of the city, to the people they need to speak with to get acknowledged within the city limits; six, Court is mandatory. Failure to make a court will cause the individual to lose all rights within the city, and they must present themselves to the Prince. Seven, the former title of the current position held by Reeve Arnold Culler, is forbidden to be spoken in the presence of our Prince. Eight: feeding, siring, ghouling, or otherwise interfering in the lives of law enforcement, fire fighters, emergency medical teams, or hospital staff. This law will be carried out swiftly, dramatically, and publicly. The culprit will be marked with Shame for ten years hence."

It was with ease that Twist rattled off the rules. Lord knows she had had to say them often enough when she held Erika's position. While she didn't deny the tediousness of the long litany- she did appreciate it in situations such as these.

She glanced at Eric, a wry look on her face knowing the list was lengthy for some, wanting to see how he was taking it.

t
    tangmcgame

"Okay, observe the Masquerade, no childer without the Prince's ok, don't harm other Kindred or their property, don't charge for aiding newcomers in finding the officials, court is mandatory or you lose privileges until you see the Prince..."

He pauses for a moment, counting through the list again.

"Don't...was it don't use the former title of Reeve Culler's? And leave emergency personnel and their families alone. Sounds pretty standard overall."

Standard, as in mostly practical rules with a little bit of Prince's fiat thrown in. Eric starts entering the list into his phone. It isn't something he plans on keeping longterm, but it will help him memorize it.

"I had a few questions, Priscus. Does it have to be verbatim when I speak with the Seneschal? And what exactly is a Reeve?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiled at his question and mentally reprimanded herself for not clarifying that one a bit more. She had been confused herself when she had returned from Italy to find Ishani going by a new name.

"I doubt it has to be verbatim but I am sure that getting it as close to it as possible would be benificial to you. Reeve is another name for Sheriff. Prior to Arnold Culler the position was held by a kindred by the name of Ishani. She was commonly known as simply the Sheriff. The Prince has made it law to no longer use the word Sheriff in his presence. I suggest you simply stop using it to prevent a potential slip up."

t
    tangmcgame

Eric considers asking more about Ishani, but then refrains. Obviously, there is a reason Twist won't go further, and he is new. He'd probably do more damage than he'd gain by asking.

"Okay, I think I've got it. I'll give myself a night or so to learn the speech so that I don't embarrass you or myself when I go speak to the Seneschal. Oh, how do you prefer to be called? By your title or name or both? And what about the Prince and Seneschal?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would appreciate that" she said with a smile.

"As for what to call me- it strongly depends on the scenario. I own the Ballo Della Notte theater should you need something from me. There I am Myah Torsione and would appreciate that should you come looking you use that name. Prior to dropping that name though- ask for Kalos. He is my ghoul and will be able to help you if he can."

"In public I do not want you to use my titles. That is a potential Masquerade breach. This includes phone conversations and texts. If you wish- you can use the first letter of the title in a letter, text or such so that you do not feel as though you are being to personal. I would suggest following these for both the Prince and the Seneschal. I would suggest the polite usual Mr. or Ms. as well. Neither of them is Daeva, and the Prince is an Invictus and titles among the Invictus are not something to be trifled with."

She glanced over to see that he had his phone out. "And should you need it my number is ###-###-####"

t
    tangmcgame

Eric quickly copies down the facts into his phone: Ballo Della Notte, Myah Torsione, Kalos, and a phone number.

"Thanks for that. So no titles in public and keep it simple rather than screw it all up. Is there anything else I should know? Is the Clan structure strong here, or fairly loose? And I guess you're my contact if I need to talk to someone in the know. Aside from the laws, are there any other areas I should tread lightly?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

She gave a small shrugg. "With the recent disaster that occured I can't answer that- so many are gone and new ones like yourself coming in to the city, that it doesn't matter what it was like, only what it will be like."

"You should know that the Rack is the larger Metropolitan Downtown area. The Gilded Lily, Avalon, The Asylum, Written in Water, and wherever Prince Asa Clarke will be are considered Elysiums. And I think that is all of the important areas."

t
    tangmcgame

"Sounds good. Here is my card. It has my contact information if you ever want or need to get in touch. You've been much more helpful than I could have hoped. Thank you."

He adds the last with a rare genuine smile, born as much from relief as anything else. He'd survived the night, and it didn't end in another exile. On top of that, it seemed this Twist was the reasonable sort, at least at first blush. Perhaps some things could have gone better, but they could have gone a lot worse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread