Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Can this be Home?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    R
    Rose Whitewater

Nyssa looked down at the postcard she'd written. She had purposely used the Freehold address mostly because she knew that was the best way to throw any loyalist off and to make her sudden disappearance seem well... not so bad. She took a moment to reread what she'd written.

Greetings to my Family and Treasured Friends!
    I wish to apologize if my sudden disappearance alarms anyone but I simply felt the need for a vacation. That and knowing everyone would likely think I was 12 if I went alone I managed to convince Jacob to go on this impulsive trip. Don't worry the Spade's team best Sword hasn't been harmed by this diamond nor has the sword managed a scratch on the diamond. Well we're going onto the next city! Debating between Indianapolis, Milwaukee, and Columbus!
    All my Love, Nyssa
    P.S. Happy Mothers Day Mama!

Nyssa smiles as she adds the last bit. To think she'd finally found her Mother and had been reunited with her only to be away from her still on Mother's day... Oh how she missed her mother already... but would she be able to find a place to call home without her?

Nyssa sighs as she shakes her head and presses a snowflake postage stamp to the card then looks over and smiles at the Chicago Skyline she saw on the back of the postcard...

"Jacob... would you come read this please before I put it in the mail?"Nyssa called standing next to one of those public postal drop boxes.

Nyssa took in a deep breath and wondered if the air was cleaner here in Sacremento... "Oh think we can try to get into Fairytale Land?" Nyssa asked with a giggle, after all so many seemed to think she was a child.... that's what happens when you're 4'11....

Athenna's Characters

S
    Sandman

Jacob leaned against a wall nearby. His tail swishing back and forth a bit as he waited. Lifting his head and looking over at her when she spoke he took a moment before pushing off the wall and moving towards her.

"Sure, I can read it Nyssa but you'd know better than me if something is wrong with it."

He chuckles softly and takes the card. He read slow but then he was one of the Beasts. Studying each word in order and nodding his head. quietly before he took the card and dumped it into the post box.

"It looks good Nyssa. If anybody is looking for you it should take them a good long time after they see that."

He snapped his tail once more and reached out his hand towards her with a feline grin. "Now. Let's go see about sitting on the back of a turtle."

The pair arrive to Fairytale Town, a place that only one or two local fae recall with hideously, uncomfortable memories, a time before the current Sovereigns took control. At the entrance, a woman waits to issue tickets to paying customers, a gate baring the way.

R
    Rose Whitewater

Nyssa feels impish and heads towards the woman. She smiles as she grins and says, "Two please."

S
    Sandman

His tail flicked idly. Generally with his mood and wasn't very prone to staying still for very long. He followed her in the line and let her ask for the tickets. Taking his time to look around and back at the woman.

"Fairytales don't seem quite as dangerous as I remember them. But I think I lived on the wrong kind of them."

R
    Rose Whitewater

Nyssa looked up at Jacob confused by his remark. Where the hell had that come from. Instead she just giggles and says. "You're silly."

S
    Sandman

Jacob ran his fingers through her hair and waited to see if she could get her tickets.

"Yeah. I got to be silly sometimes or everything just gets to be too Heavy and full of Tension Nyssa. Besides. I'm not very good at subtle and clever. That's why I rely on you. I hope you odn't think that's a bad thing."

He smiles a bit and chuckles a little bit. Glancing at the woman in front of the gate.

"You don't mind letting us in do you? We're not breaking some kind of rule wanting to are we?"

The woman looks between them both, her name badge reading Wendy.

"Er, is it just the two of you?"

As Wendy waits for a reply, a family walk up behind Nyssa and Jacob, all two-point-four-children of them.

"Excuse me, there's a queue forming," she states, waiting for an answer to her original question.

S
    Sandman

Jacob sighed and looked at those behind them and then to Nyssa and back to Wendy.

"Hey Yeah. Sorry about that. Listen. We just lost a childhood friend and we used to come here all the time when we could. We were just remembering things about him and seeing the places that we used to like to go. I can pay to get in and everything so you don't have any problem with a little trip down memory lane do you? You can kind of understand what we're going through right?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread