Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Scars over Sacramento

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    D
    Divinity

New places. The Tower Bridge doesn’t make me feel as small as the Sears Tower, but I’m reduced to minisculity all the same. At least they don’t ask questions here, not as friendly as Chi-town. Maybe to some that’s a mark in the negative column, but for a kindred with no desire to pretend she’s anything less than a monster that’s perfect. Survival is dependent on our ability to blend; something I do poorly and only do because it’s the only way to stay living in a society otherwise permeated by rage and death.

They don’t know I’m coming, which presents a problem. I didn’t have many contacts in California to begin with. All I can do is feign humanity until the monsters came out to play and inducted me into their shared society here. I hear Dragons and Invictus remain dominant; I don’t care. I’m of the First because they saved me from wassail, and it meant becoming a loyal dog for all these years. Unfortunately, the judges at the dog shows have measured my hair-length and checked the heat under my genitals far too many times for my tastes . That’s why I returned to my art, and why playing knight has been unwholesome to say the least.

The driver doesn’t talk to me. He doesn’t ask why I wear a too-tight corset and powder-white makeup, or why my hair is bright and unnaturally red. He’s probably seen it all before, and much worse than me. I only go this far because any further might be unacceptable or off-putting in the eyes of elders, and the first wouldn’t like that. I’m already the childe of a diablerist after all, and I don’t need more marks against me. At least expectations for me were low; something I always used to my advantage.

I don’t need the driver to talk to me to keep company. The beats does that; the thousand little creatures inside of me constantly speaking. They want to take my thoughts from me. They occasionally succeed at turning me into an unintelligible creature of instinct. It’s hard to control my thoughts, let alone my words. I always feel like they are speaking for me, the voice coming from one of the thousands of pieces of broken mirror glass that rests somewhere in the front of my dead brain.

“Pleasant twilight to you, my sterling chauffeur,” I state plainly as I exit the car. I sound disgusting, like a high society sycophant that uses words she pretends to understand. I hate it. But the shards do the talking, not me.

I pass through a shadow on the sidewalk, allowing the blush of life to take its hold. There’s a goth club here called Reverence, and with luck a kindred might already be hunting there.

Regina Pia

PRE

Regina enters Reverance, needing to reconnect with the impossibilities of modern life. Too much blood, too much death, too much fire, too much failure had stained her Requeim..
    Arnold had survived, he was fine, and now was working again. But Konstantine was missing. She had failed. She was insufficient.
    Walking into the club, her beast roused itself, rudely informing her to rip the poor woman apart. Decorate the club with her blood and bones, spread her ashes all over the city, to mark her territory.
    And Regina politely told her beast to silence itself, and speak only when spoken to. It never listened, but that was no excuse to be rude.
    She sat down, and motioned to the woman, inviting her to join Regina. She was not the stranger here.
    (Blush active)

D
    Divinity

The thousand little maws that were my beast started gnashing and clawing at my innards, but I held them back for now. The mirror that dominated for now was my own; full-bodied and leaning the direction of the other kindred that beckoned me. The superior beast was noted, and to that I dipped my barely-Ancillae head, paying homage with a subtle bow that probably wouldn't look too awkward to the nearby kine.

A nod that could be conspiratorial, but not in this circle. Just a recognition of another monster.

"Dame Knight Scars Harlequin of the most honorable Order of the Thorned Wreath, Player, daughter of the dishonored traitor, Farius Titch, grandchilde of the late Sir Edwin Gore of Chicago," she whispered her full lineage out of earshot of goth clubgoers. No matter which covenant she spoke to, it was a quick way of identifying herself as Invictus, and there was no need for false pretense here.

Regina Pia

PRE

Regina's eyes shoot up the instant Harlequin speaks. Shock is clearly evident, and her words are slow, and deliberate.
    Trust, but verify.
    "Who was the founder of your order, Dame Knight Harlequin?" Not the most difficult of tests, but the question was how quickly she would respond. A true knight would have internalized such a detail so thoroughly the answer would flow almost unbidden.

D
    Divinity

Like the loyal dog I was, I responded to the request for information like it was an order.

"Marquis Artus Le Jumel of Rouen," I spoke, even as the beasts threatened to purposely steer me wrong and shout it in less-common vernacular. The power struggle was invisible, but existed all the same.

Perhaps this woman was in fact a member of the first herself. Or, perhaps, a fellow knight. Her introduction was her own to make, however.

Regina Pia

PRE

"My ancestor." Is all Regina says for a moment, letting that sit in the air. Her tone is light and fluttery, as if she is having trouble beleiving even the words that she speaks, let alone the words of this woman.
    "I would speak with you. Come." With that, she leads Dame Harlequin to one of the private rooms of the Reverance.

Once she closes the door, Regina stands regally. This is her position, her power, her purpose. God has seen fit to grant a great boon to her, and she will not mess it up.

"I am Lady Knight Regina Pia, Player, Meister of Arms, and proud descendant of Artus Le Jumel, Marquis of Rouen." She lets that sink in, then begins the pleasantries.
    "What brings you to our city?" Regina finally sits, allowing Harlequin to do so as well.

D
    Divinity

I sat, still managing the maintain the posturing that would be expected of me. It was difficult. Perhaps the serendipity of having my first meeting with a Sacramento kindred be not only a member of the First Estate, but also a knight, and a descendant of the order's progenitor, was helping me ease into the humane and honorable personality I attempted to maintain at all times when the others didn't interfere.

"In Chicago I was a neonate. Here I can begin my own life, a bit older and more world-wise than I was at embrace,"
    I nodded slightly, strands of too-crimson hair moving forward with each shake. "It is an honor to be in your presence, Lady Regina."

Regina Pia

PRE

"Lady Pia, Dame Harlequin" Regina chides, but not too forcefully. There is some tone of understanding. Neonates do take quite a lot of time to learn the ropes. Older and more world-wise, true, but not quite yet learned all of the social customs. There will be plenty of time.
    "You say you wish to be gin your own life? Does that mean you no longer wish to hold service to the Order?
    " Regina's gaze was steely, her voice soft fur over hard, cold granite.

D
    Divinity

"No, my name is tied irrevocably to the Order," I replied, recognizing the mistake, but unfazed by it. I blame it on the monsters. "I have no intention of ever leaving the knighthood, Lady Pia."

I let my eyes drift slightly.

"Sacramento is a smaller place than Chicago, and a better place for a young member of the First Estate to aid her fellows," I nodded. Of course, I didn't bring up the burning desire to create art, something the elders in Chicago looked down on me, the Savage I was, for even attempting.

Regina Pia

PRE

"I see." The tone of disapproval is gone, but there is no hint of approval. Regina is neutral, calculating, understanding.

"You mentioned you were a player, and had a treasonous sire?"
    All things would be discussed, but best to give the neonate some feeling of choice in the matter. It made them feel better about themselves.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.