Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Bring the Duckling to the Nest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L

Chantay lead Helena and Bull Rush back to her apartment. Actually getting there was a bit tricky, since neither woman was fully clothed. Especially when it came to the halls of her apartment building, since there were no shadows to hide in. But thankfully it was late and most people had already turned in for the night, so a bit of patience saw them through the ordeal.

Once the door was closed behind them she gave Bull Rush a look that said "wait here" before motioning for for Helena to follow her into the bedroom. Once there she rifled through her wardrobe and pulled out several skirts and pairs of shorts that looked like they might fit the shorter woman. "Pick whichever one you want." And while she did, Chantay grabbed a shirt from her closet to replace the one that Helena was wearing.

W
    Werecat

Helena didn't waste time in picking a skirt, grabbing one that caught her eye and slipping it on; it was a little loose, but thankfully it fit. After a few awkward moments of silence, she decided to speak up. "Thanks for the help... I'm afraid to think of what I might of done if you guys hadn't brought me to my senses." Unsure of what to say or ask next, Helena crossed her arms and waited for the explanations to begin.

L

"Don't mention it. We've all been through a First Change, and we've all had at least one older wolf show up and keep us from doing anything too crazy. I had mine back in October. The tenth, an easy date to remember. Before I was brought to my senses I was attacking a storm drain of all things." She grins, playfully this time. "Maybe not the most auspicious of starts, but worked out for me in the end."

She opened the door, walking back out into the living area. "So take a seat Helena, it's time for Werewolf 101."

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Bull Rush is there with three glasses of ice and water. He hands one first to Chantay, then to the guest.
    He then hands the new wolf a pen and paper. Just in case she had to take notes. Bull Rush sits down, watching Chantay give her first lecture.

W
    Werecat

Taking a quick sip of the ice water, Helena took a a seat and flipped open the notebook. "I'm going to take a guess and say everyone's Change is different, isn't it? You had called me a... Cahalith? Are you two Cahaliths?" She asked, the alien word sounding strange on her tongue. She had a hunch that Chantay was not; attacking drains sounded more like something from a warrior caste then a singer. "And you mentioned someone called Luna... the moon? This sounds weird, but I think it talked to me. In my thoughts. Or I could just be delusional. I don't know anymore... Are they some sort of werewolf god?" As she talked, she was jotting down the few things she already knew - curiosity was beginning to get the better of her.

L

Chantay accepts the glass, but doesn't drink quite yet. Instead keeping quiet for a few moments, choosing her words. "Luna is a god, and our Mother. Not directly, but in ages past she was Father Wolf's mate. Every werewolf alive is descended from those two spirits. And when I say spirit I don't mean it like a Christian would. They're not simply things that werewolves believe in. I've seen spirits, talked to them, fought them, seen them laid to rest. They're every bit as real as you and me, just different. We're half-spirit ourselves. It's what gives us our supernatural abilities."

"Father Wolf is dead; killed in ages past when he could no longer fulfill his duties, killed by our forefathers. Luna hated our kind for a long time because of it. But it's not in a Mother's nature to hate her children forever. A faction of our kind, known as the Forsaken, swore to fulfill the duties of Father Wolf. She forgave us and withdrew her curse, as best as she could, instead bestowing her blessings upon us."

"Our Auspice is sign of of her blessings, dependent upon the moon you change under. You're a Cahalith, like I said. Caleb changed under the Crescent Moon. He's an Ithaeur, an occultist, expert on spirits, ritualist. I changed under the Half Moon. I am Elodoth, a Judge, negotiator, walker between." She took a sip as she finished talking, that kind of thing could dry out a throat.

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Bull Rush watched as Chantay dove right into the spirits discussion. Not the choice he would have made for a cahalith, but if she takes it well, thats the important part.
    >>

W
    Werecat

Helena looked up in surprise at this next bit of information - being told spirits were not only real, but that she was descended from them was the last thing she was expecting. "I-I don't even know what to say. Or how that's even possible..." She leaned back, taking a deep breath as she processed this. Life certainly wasn't going to be the same now. "A werewolf, half-spirit and great-granddaughter of the moon. I... think I can handle that. But tell me something," At this she stood to her feet, furrowing her brow. "Why did they kill Father Wolf, instead of just taking up these duties? What kind of duties are we talking about here that's worth killing someone over?"

L

"I don't know. I know what happened, we all do. But it happened a long time ago, further back than any of us even know. I told you why they had to make a decision, but I don't know why they made the one they did." There were spirits that almost certainly knew, the Firstborn and Luna herself came to mind, but any spirit who had survived for so long could undoubtedly claim a formidable level of power. So werewolves weren't about to walk up to them and ask.

"Our duties are to keep the balance between the Spirit and Physical worlds, essentially. We police the Spirit World, also called the Hisil to ensure that it doesn't decay or get harmed. We prevent spirits from lingering in the physical world and preying upon mortal humans. A lot of spirits hate us for doing it, but it has to be done. And we've sworn to Luna that we'll do it."

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

And then, with not a bit of fanfare, someone knocks at the door of Chantay's apartment, in a shave and a hair cut beat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last