Markos waited at the abandoned train yard for Charlie. Mark thought that he and Charlie had worked well together despite Mark's mistakes. Charlie seemed very capable and was someone that Mark thought he could trust. Most importantly Charlie got the job done. Mark leaned against a broken down box car. He had came alone. His Ducati's engine now cool from the chill night air. Markos looked around, keeping his ears open for anyone or anything that could be around. "Any time Charlie Boy." Mark thought to himself.

Charlie drove curiously to the train yard where Markos agreed to meet.

I thought this guy had an office in a Union, now he wants to go play hobo in a train yard?

Despite the quirkiness of the meeting place, Charlie didn't have an issue meeting Markos, after the Stardust incident he was happy to keep in touch with him, considering that he was a deputy and should anything else go wrong, Mark could at least vouch for him being somewhat capable of handling things.

When he saw Markos he parked his car and stepped out, killing the car lights to give them some privacy. Approaching Markos he said "You wanted to speak? Hope you don't mind but I forgot my harmonica."

"That's Okay, I have my satchel on a stick over there." Mark said to the Gangrel. "So how do you feel about this new Law that was passed?" Mark asked.

Charlie raises his eyebrows at the heaviness of the situation. "I thought it's pretty heavy. I'm just glad I'm not really aligned with anything so it doesn't really effect me too much." Although I think for him and Dirge who I think are together this may be a problem. "It's going to be an interesting next couple of nights though, either people are going to act secret and say they're aligned or they're going to leave, but I doubt that that'll happen. I'd start listening extra careful though to see if the other three are gonna start talking to each other in response. What do you think?"

"I think its a interesting decision, alienating three groups of people under a domain. But My opinion doesn't really matter." Mark said to the Savage.

Now lets see what Mr. Barrett has up his sleave,

"So Charlie, With there only being two covenants allowed in Sacramento that limits who we can run with. Kinda makes things dangerous having no one to watch your back, No one looking out for you and your interests eh?" Mark said leaving it hanging for the man to think on what he was saying.

Charlie doesn't bother querying Markos anymore on how the new law effects him Or his friends. That's his business, he's probably paranoid as hell though. My interests eh? Wonder what's got him concerned about mine.

"As far as I'm concerned Deputy, no one's ever been looking out for anyone else's interests but themselves." he says with a smile "Trick is just to get used to it and find people whose interests benefit yours and see to it they come to life. At this moment, the only person looking out for my interests are me and so with the way things are now, it seems making sure I help the only two covenants allowed here would be in my best interest, unless you or someone else can give me a better offer." he looks to Markos and tosses a question back at him. "Who's looking out for your interests?"

"See that is the million dollar question isn't it Charlie. What I am trying to do is put together a group of likeminded people to work together. We are both unbound, which means we are alone. But at the same time we are both talented individuals, so why not work together. Carve us out a piece, go into business together so to speak." Mark says to the Savage. "Look yo I will cut to the chase, What I want is to set up a group of people with a select but varied group of talents and work together for each others benifit. A Coterie if you will."

"A coterie eh?" he says with a quiter almost sneakier sounding tone to his voice "Okay, sounds interesting. Although that's gonna depend on what goal you want to achieve. Most of my expertise goes with knowing organized crime, at least when it comes to kine. Although occasionally I can find other important bits of information outside of that, as you well know from that whole gas station debacle which led to the Mairsil clusterfuck. So, with that being said, what would you need me to do, and who else apart from us would be involved?"

"My Goal is simple, Survive and amass wealth. And maybe some power to go along with it. Look man I don't have some grand scheme to run the city or take over the place. To be honest the Last thing I want is to sit at the big table if you get my meaning." Mark says leaning against his Ducati. "Your resourceful and have skills that I don't have. All I want is for you and I to work together and use those skills to a mutual benifit."

Mark leans back and lets that sink in for a minute before continuing. "We both seem to be working class stiffs. No royalty here. So why not use that to our advantage. Set up a group, a Service, some one needs something done, quietly and with skill, we do it. Gathering information, spying, maybe the occasional disappearence. Whatever needs doing."

"As far as who else is in it with us? Just you and me so far. I need a Partner before I expand any further. Thing is this group has to be tight. Thick as thieves and loyal. I don't want any double crossing in fighting bullshit. We are not a Covenent, once we get rolling, we are a family. Know what I mean?" Mark thought he had explained himself well enough. He felt like a Mafioso organizing a family.

Charlie scratches his head and thinks to himself Hm part of me thinks it's a conversation like this that got me in trouble in the first place haha, meh that was different. I'm undead now and Markos and I seem to be starting from scratch rather than one starting from the top and me at the bottom.

"I like you're idea with keeping this close nit so I'm cool with that. As for the service, I'm all for it, I'm just wondering how it would go about getting advertised to others." with a smile he thinks to himself and then says "I suppose one route we could go is with the new law. Like I said, I'm interested in seeing what these three blacklisted covenants are up to now that they techiincally aren't allowed here. Would be kinda hard, but thinkin maybe you and I could act as message couriers between covenant members should they decide to maintain their practice. I don't know much about the Movement, but I imagine the Sanctified and Crone will want to not change their ways or if they do, will want to spread the word on how they're adapting. Or we can just offer our services to the First Estate and the Dragons and letting them know if we come across any of the other three refusing to obey the law. We may not be a covenant, but that's what rules this city and if anyone's benefiting from our talents it's going to be them."

Despite this scenario reminding Charlie of what led him to his unlife, part of him does feel a quick adrenaline rush in being able to go back and 'peddle' information.

Mark thinks for a few moments, "I am not down with playing the Rat on the three Blacklisted Covenents. However you are right, we do need to make ourselves known. I don't want to get to big too fast though. We need to look at who else might be useful to our little group and get things organized with us before we go advertising. You think of anyone else we could Bring into the fold?"

Charlie looks down at the ground for a moment as he goes over all the names of other kindred he knows in his head...which isn't much, or at least none he could trust. Alexander maybe but he hadn't heard from him in a while.

"No one that I know is around currently. I'd suggest Alexander Linus but I haven't seen him in a long time. Although if I had my way, it'd be nice to have someone who could hide themselves from sight, figure if we're going to be peddling information it'd be nice to have someone who can hide and pick up information worth peddling. You know of anyone?"

"Yeah that would be very nice, I don't know any Mekhet well enough to trust them. There is a couple of Haunts that I trust." Mark thinks for a minute or so. "Deacon and Dirge. Deacon is trying to Join the Invictus though. And for that reason alone he is ineligible." Mark was actually disappointed in that. He had really wanted to bring Deacon in on this but when Deacon told Mark that he was going to be trying to join the Invictus, and especially with the law that was just passed, Mark knew that Deacon couldn't come along for this ride. "Dirge is talented but I don't think she can Obfuscate herself. But then again who is more invisible then a blind woman?"

Charlie shrugs "You know her better than I do, but I do remember her mentioning setting up a bunch of tunnels..what was it called? A metropoli...no..necropolis that was it. Assuming we could help her with that that'd be beneficial to use, assuming she let's us. But if she does, it's possible we could gain the trust of other Haunts there."

"Okay well I will run it by her and see what she says. Remember though, I want to remain as covenant agnostic as possible, Highest bidder, Mercenary Style. Sound good to you?" Mark asks his new Partner.

Charlie puts out his hand for Markos to shake and says "Wouldn't have it any other way. Now in terms of job offers, I imagine if one of us comes across something we'll let the other know, correct?"

Markos takes the extended hand of Charlie and gives it a firm shake. No girly hand shake here, Mark's dad taught him better. "Yep and we decide to take it or not together. We have to come to a concensous and agree to things together, otherwise no go. We're parters now, one of us fucks up we both will end up taking the heat. So lets not fuck up" Mark says to the Savage with a smile on his face. "Now we just need to decide on a name for our little Service."

Charlie feels slight unease at the thought of fucking up together, he'd already done it once at the gas station in the Prince's eyes, could he afford another. Meh, i'm bound to do it again anyhow, might as well fuck it up with someone else. A name huh? Well we're a Savage and Succubi. Almost instantly he hears a steady drum beat in his head and the high pitched sound of Bon Scott in his head, asking about troubles with a high school head giving him the bllues. "Uh how bout DDDDC? ya know, like the song, Dirty Deeds done dirt cheap? Although maybe not for cheap but you get the idea."

"Thats a bit of a mouthful don't you think, How about something more simple like, 'The Service.' and leave it at that." Mark said with a smile.

"The Service it is." Charlie says with a shrug. Must be a Metallica fan. "Assuming we get any information that can't be discussed on the phone, you wanna use here as a base camp?"

Mark takes out a small spiral bound notebook like a server would have and writes down his information on it. "Here This is the address for my Haven. Lets use that for now, its more private." Mark says and hands Charlie the piece of paper. "Please don't keep that piece of paper laying around."

Charlie pockets the slip of paper and says "No worries, I'll have this down by memory in no time probably after I drive there the first time. Okay, I'll go put out my feelers to anything worth using or anyone who's in need of anything and get back to you. Keep me posted on what Dirge says." He pulls out his keys and turns towards his car, waiting to see if Markos has anything else to add.

Mark Sattled up on his Bike, "I will keep you posted." Mark said and road off into the darkness.

<<End Scene>>