Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne knocked and then entered the war room of the shared Sanctum she had been living in for the past months. The top three members of the Veil stopped talking when she enters the room.

"Ariadne it has been decided that you will go to Sacramento in order bolster the protection of the Veil there. If what we have gathered is correct, the city could use more mages and more of us. You're own interests will remain valid there, however do not get distracted from our work."

Ariadne purses her lips and nods.

"Good, you have three days to wrap up your work here. We have already taken care of the travel arrangements. Do you have any questions?"

Questions are answered and Ariadne is remotely satisfied with their reasons. A manila envelope is handed to her as she leaves. Opening it she finds a listing for a studio apartment and bus tickets to Sacramento.

"Half way across the country in a bus?"
    She shakes her head as she walks away, apparently they felt she needed to learn humility some more.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Hello, Linkman and Co, Reception, this is Alex Summers how may I help you?"

"I'll connect you right away, have a nice day."

There's a click as the phone gets put down. Alex runs a hand through her red bed head hair. Blue eyes watch her coworkers go about their day. Wasting time and generally milling about. The coffee is barely warm now which does not help relieving the three hours of sleep she got last night.

Her mind wanders to her coworkers, their habits, mannerisms and just how annoying they are.

Sleepers all of them, she's checked repeatedly. Working dead end jobs living like sheep. Then again she's sitting there, working a similar job.

It's like this is all one big Labyrinth. Testing to see who sticks their head up and looks around.

Then the phone rings.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

8 am. Five miles from work, three payphones, no coffee, great morning.

After a few awkward moments at the two operating payphones Ariadne gets to the last. Swiping a hand under the bottom, ignoring the sticky bumps, she pulls away a note. Slipping it into her coat pocket she b-lines for the nearest bus.

~

"Hey Jackie"

"Hey Alex"

"Morning" "Morning" "Morning" Only Jackie actually looks up, she's in a good mood today. Maybe her boyfriend finally decided to propose, or she dumped the bastard. The others keep their heads down, the sound of typing becoming louder. It's a good tactic for hiding from the boss, speaking of which.

"You're late." Calls a nassily voice. "Sorry, I missed my bus and had to find another one." That gets her a hard stare which only deepens as she gets a cup of coffee. "I doubt that, the second closest bus stop to your apartment would only make you ten minutes late. My office." He gives a parting glance at Ariande's posterior before walking back into his office and closing the door.

The door is greeted with a cunning smile that women perfect by age three. She walks out of the office several minutes later and takes a seat at her desk. Questioning glances go unanswered as she takes a sip of coffee and checks her email.

~

Ariadne leaves a folded piece of paper for Henry where the note had specified. This is grade-A CIA paranoia right here. She walks calmly away from the drop off and takes a deep breath. Time to get to work...after sleeping.

the paper

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne chuckles as she looks in the mirror. Even having thrown on work out clothes she still manages to look impeccable, like she's going to the gym to get some attention and not work out. Her reflection in the mirrors smiles back at her as she contemplates it for a moment. It was reflection apparently, the hallow, some sick trick of Fate probably. Or those bastards from home messing with me. Blue eyes narrow at their reflections.

She sits down onto a dark blue yoga mat she had bought recently for this. Looking at her reflection again she leans back and does a crunchy. Grimacing she looks back at the mirror and sees twinkling blue eyes laughing at her. The face in the mirror contorts into a sneer and disappears from the reflection as Ariadne does another crunchy. It surfaces briefly again before falling below the mirror's edge.

An hour later she rolls over exhausted. "Running is nothing compared to this.."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Ooo I told you we should have gone there two days ago." Alexendria cheerfully says pointing towards a closed down restaurant with one hand while pulling at her husbands hand with the other.

"You're right we should have gone there."

Her husband smiles as her beaming face continues to look around the mall as they walk. He sighs contently as they walk, his wife's enthusiasm never ceasing to amaze him.

Alex squeals and runs to the window of a pet shop. "O kittens!" She looks back at her husband. "Can we get one?"

"Pleassssssssssssseeee"

He smiles and laughs lightly. "Sure dear." He follows Alex into store hoping they leave with only one kitten and not a litter.

Blue eyes open and stare wide at the ceiling of a small apartment. Dim light bleeds in through the blinds from the city outside. Red hair caresses a cheek as the blue eyes shift to look at the wall. Tears like crystals fall onto a pillow as Ariadne quietly cries herself back to sleep.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne expands her senses to her entire apartment with a little twist of Space and a little jazz of Mind. She had intended to go over her entire apartment as part of tuning herself to the hallow mirror. Instead she finds herself looking at her own reflection. More specifically the reflection of her face, hands go up to the reflection and turn it back and forth as she looks. She loses herself in her reflection as the world fades except for an up close and personal view.

An hour later she twitches and comes back to the now. Realization dawns on her, two things mostly. One, the oblation actually worked despite her ego getting in the way and the second that she really needs pour cleansing face wash and scrub and maybe those nose strips.

As the last of the mana trickles into her she grabs her bag and heads out the door, intent on fixing this problem.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"No I never asked my parents why. By the time I was old enough to realize it didn't matter anymore."

"No it's not silly, I like it actually. It's not to common." A forced smile calms the listeners.

"Yes, goddess of the labyrinth. But gentlemen back to why I am here." A hand placed on the arm of the closest pulls them all back to her.

"Next year will coincide with the end of the Mayan calendar. Now contrary to what many people believe. It won't be the end of the world, if they were to read they would realize this." Her smiles says what she thinks of that. "It is simply the end of the mayan calendar, if they were still around they would start a new one. That however does not stop us from using it does it? Some people believe the world will end, others that it will be a time of renewal. Think about it gentlemen."

She pauses for dramatic effect and to give them a moment to catch up. Concealing a smile with a hand as if she was yawning.

"My employer wishes to use this to our advantage. To those who believe it is the end of the world we could offer solace or a means to ensure they make it to their desired final destination. Those that believe that the world will be renewed, we can appeal to them as well. Who doesn't want the greener grass on the other side of the fence?" She smiles as she sees small subconscious nods and smiles. "You have my contact information gentlemen, if you are interested."

"He wishes to remain confidential, as you all can imagine what I have proposed is not kosher with some elements of society."

"...yes I will let him know what happens if we cross you." How cliche.

With a final forced smile Ariadne makes her way out of the ball. Some event thrown to garner political supporters. It had served perfectly for what she wanted.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"What? No no no we can help you."

"Yes I know what you are going through, trust me."

Alex covers the phone's microphone as she sighs. "Wait wait! No don't go back to them, we're your friends!"

"I know they say they are." There's a click through the line and Alex glares at her phone. Shit Grabbing her keys she makes for the door giving the briefest pause to the mirror as she sees Ariadne looking back at her.

Sometime later A sits in a coffee shop with her friends from work. One clearly distraught and the others trying to console her. After several minutes the conversation shifts to where A hoped it would not. Some group was claiming they could help people overcome grief though mystical means. To A this meant two things, one possibly competition for a well stocked Labyrinth, the second.. it might belong to another group of mages. There were other operators in the town, the hotel had proven that to her.

That is not acceptable, especially when some of their potential targets know A. She leans into her friends just a tad more. "Listen... I know some people who might be able to help. They do some stuff similar to what you've been talking about. But I know them, I'd rather have my friends to go someone I know."

"It's not going to make sense now but it will once you are introduced to the group and get to meet the people in it. But while you're there." A takes a breath. "I'm not Alex, I'm Ariadne."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne closes the circle of yarn, blue this time, calm, happy. At the northern inside edge of the circle she places a small wind chime. At the east ashes from a paper she burned earlier. To the south a rock from outside is placed. Lastly to the west a slowly melting ice cube finishes the directions. Stepping back to the center Ariadne brushes a loose hair to the side and closes her eyes. Several slow deep breaths later the noise of a city at noon almost completely fades.

After what feels like forever a tear in reality opens before Ariadne. Stepping through it she finds the room exactly as the picture she carried.

"Halt, identify yourself." Comes a voice from thin air.

Blue eyes look around the room, someone was playing hide and go peek. "Ariadne"

"Order?" Ariadne blinks at the question. Order? This was a guardian safe zone...

"I watch you when you sleep." Is her cold reply.

"Heh figures." A women fades into view as she racks a shotgun. "Always coming and going at your own accord."

"The better to eat you with my dear." Ariadne gives the women a grin full of teeth. Who the hell let a brick guard a movement zone.

The shotgun rises to head height, judging from its size it would leave a mark too.

"Enough, she is one of us."
    A tall man in street clothes walks in through the only door. "You should have called A."

"What and let every hack with some Forces know I'm leaving town for a bit? Ya right."
    Comes the almost playful response. "I'm here for personal reasons, unless you need to talk with me?"

The man shakes his head and waves a hand at the room. Three more stern faces stare down Ariadne with raised weapons, one even has a claymore. Sooo cuttteeee

"We'll talk once you're back."

"Ok, I need to get going though. I'm already late." Ariadne gives the man a hug and makes for the door feeling the guns trained on her. She looks over her shoulder as she opens the door. "Come now? Shooting my back? Pleaaaaaasssseeeeeeee" Ariadne holds the aaaassseeee as she closes the door.

Fifteen minutes late she gets to her parents house. After many reassurances about her sudden disappearance and recovery from depression Ariadne enjoys a nice home cooked meal. The Sight stays, so does the armor but she isn't as paranoid. Agreements are agreements, her family was safe.

Losing to your parents at card games is hard but it happens. So was finding out you adopted a kitten. But its sooo cuteee especially with that face.

So Ariadne walks back to the zone holding a tiny squirming bundle of happy. By the time she gets there its fast asleep flexing its claws at some imaginary tiny mouse.

"Are you going to be pissed when I tell you that you've always been a cat person?"

Ariadne smiles and tickles the kitten's belly. "No"

"I looked back at where you came from, you should really pick somewhere that you don't sleep." The man says with a sigh, some people never learn do they? Once they are alone inside the room he holds up a small coin very similar to the one in Ariadne's pocket. The supernal spills from the coin and opens a pathway through reality. "Don't be a stranger Alex." He gives her a gentle hug making sure not to disturb the kitten.

"I won't Jacob, be safe."

Jacob smiles as Alex goes through the portal, once she has he holds out the coin again and slowly starts to shred the connections between here and there. On the other side Ariadne turns to look at the way and smiles as she watches it fray. Some people are good people. The kitten gets a small box with some clean towels to sleep on and Ariadne plops onto her bed. Quickly falling asleep.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Henry in all his infinite wisdom has decided to invite you to a small out of the way cafe that serves what he claims to be the best wings in Sacramento. He has even rented, as a first and last frivolity, a small room with all you can eat and drink.

Ariadne walks into the cafe and looks around briefly before heading towards the small room. Entering it, its clear she has some spells wrapped around her, she glances around the room again. Renting a room didn't feel like Henry at all.

Henry is sitting in the back looking out the window that looks out on the shore, he turns to you and smiles lightly. "Ariadne, glad you could make it. Please sit, you are the only guest to my little party." The older Mastigos is currently sitting at a table, two chairs, a pitcher of beer, and hot wings. "we won't be disturbed."

Ariadne returns the light smile and sits down in the unoccupied chair. She nods as she glances at the beer and the wings. More unexpected things. "Not what I would have expected but nice." The smile grows slightly.

"I am a Man of many faces Ariadne, and this one, this is my favorite." He reaches forward and takes the wing, dipping the leg in some blue cheese dressing. "Its a good one, and one that I guard carefully." his tone strongly implies she should be grateful he is not being his normal self.

Keeping the pleasant smile Ariadne nods before reaching for a wing herself. So I won't have to slap you this time as I leave.. Taking a small bite there's a flicker of something as the wing burns. "I won't tell the others." She manages to keep the smile despite the burn.

Henry looks back out the window quietly, not ignoring the statement, just accepting it. "Its a nice view too. You can see Tower Bridge if you squint." He takes a bite and chews. "I am going to miss it."

Ariadne's half way through another bite as Henry mentions leaving. Chewing the piece quickly she looks at Henry for a moment. "Ummm...what?" Its clear she doesn't believe him...or doesn't want too.

Henry smiles, almost as if amused. "I thought you were a better guardian than that. You know exactly what I mean Ariadne, I am leaving. The arrows are in too much control, they run rampant and they control even the Heirarch's seat. [REDACTED]." There is an edge of tiredness. [REDACTED]

"Then we have to watch and take care of things when they fail... [REDACTED] The wing lays on her plate forgotten, trying to figure out what she had missed and handle to take care of it.

The older guardian sighs. "You need to. I am needed other places. [REDACTED]" He continues to eat then waits and continues after he finished chewing. "But there is worse news, [REDACTED]."

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

Ariadne frowns. [REDACTED] "Does anyone else in the city know this?"

"I don't know. I had to travel to [REDACTED] to find this out. Again Ariadne, this is all a gut feeling, but ... [REDACTED]”

[REDACTED] She doesn't sound like she believes it, more like something she'd been told.

[REDACTED] He leans back and rubs his face. "Sounds Crazy doesn't it?"

Ariadne nods slowly. "It does, though I can see some people able to do so." However rare they may be. [REDACTED]

There is a flash of frustration. "I don't know..." He puts his face in his hands. "Ariadne, I don't know. Lately my mind and judgment have been clouded, and there are far too many new faces. I am filled with suspicions, but I am sure some of them are unfounded, I just do not which ones."

"Ok, we'll figure it out. Are We clean at least? I'd rather not have to lead a witch hunt tomorrow."

"We are. I made sure of that." He smiles at her. "I could at least do that for you. Ariadne, I need to leave. This place is no longer a place for me. I cannot lead as I once did, with a clear mind and a clear conscious."

Ariadne hides the shock as Henry says the word conscious. "That's good then. Is there anything I need to know about this city then? Any secrets that need to remain hidden?" She has an inkling of where this is going...

"Of course there are." He reaches into his shirt and hands her a key, one that is much heavier than it should have been. "There is a locker at [xxxx] with a [xxx] on it. There you will find a cipher and a bank vault key as well as directions on how to get what you need."

"O wow... Thank you." She takes the key and looks at it for a long moment. "Is this your goodbye to the society then?"

"For now. " He says, then pauses. "If you may grant me a request Epopt?"

"well two"

"Ha, I was wondering about that." The expression on her face isn't readable at the moment. "Of course."

"The first is that you speak to no one of the discussion I had with you today, none of it. I entrusted you with an Epopts mission." He then pauses. "The other is that you cast a spell on me."

"If you can"

"They'll have to know that I am Epopt at least, but yes I won't speak of this ot anyone. What spell?"

"Breach the vaults. I don't want to leave here with anything that could be considered dangerous to the consillium"

Ariadne frowns. "I can't do that yet..."

Henry chuckles lightly. "I see. Is there a way you can make me forget then? It will last only a month, but that is enough for me to find someone to continue to cast breach the vaults.

"I could try to make it so the memories you don't want are locked away, though I'm not sure I can do it to another person."

"Well try. It would mean much to me."

Blue eyes zone out for a moment as Ariadne pulls and pushes on the right places of her mind before extending that will onto Henry.

Henry lets her through and relaxes, letting it flow into the right places.

Feeling the last of the memories flow into the right place Ariadne relaxes and lets go of the Imago. "Hopefully that will last until you can find someone."

"What will?" there is a sly smile. "You did well dear, took me four tries... I think... But still you have done well and you will continue to do so. Do not forget why we do what we do." He turns to the plate. "Now... let’s eat, I have a drive and a half ahead of me.

Ariadne blushes then picks up the wing she had put down earlier. "Good luck where ever you end up."

"A Mastigos does not need luck, we forge our will."

Outside the city moves, and shifts, hiding its secrets once more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread