Watch

Dos Coyotes, strangers in the city

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

After a brief walk, the trio arrives at the Cafe Ruby mentioned. Dos Coyotes is a Soutwestern themed establishment, with a distinct Arizona/Texarcana feel and colorful decor.

The restaurant is no-smoking, and the clear air is much preferable to the smoggy outdoors, but the blasting AC is uncomfortably overcompensating for the warm weather.

Ruby requests a booth in a corner and turns to the others while they wait to be seated.

"So, nice place?"

R
    Ragnar

Beings used to the near freezing temeperatures of the mortuary Terros feels quite comfortable with the current air. He looks to the walls to see various cattle brands of ranch owners long ago.
    He stares at one of the waitresses with desire in his eyes for a brief moment and that desire that burned in his eyes quickly turned to distaste.

"mmmm" he lets out in a low tone "I sure could use a rare steak.. feels awfully tempting. I wonder if they have coyote meat..." he says jokingly.

He sits down thinks for a moment and tries to let out a smile... "I had a dream a few nights ago. I was eating a giant Marshmallow... I woke up that morning and I had no pillow. I know... its a terrible joke... but I don't get out that often."

w
    w176

“Yea, I like the open feeling and and the color. Still very American.” Tvivel said. Unbothered by the relative cold. She had slung her shopping bags over her shoulder, with exception of the one with the teapot. You might get used to the awakened life, but for Tvivel it was still a bit away before she didn't feel a bit silly carrying around something as mundane as a teapot in the company of unknown mages.

She admired the room and gave Terros a nod about the food. More to indicate that she was listing then agreeing. Her eyes searched the locale, looking the exits before following a waitress to a table.

“Well, we have all seen House. Eating at the mourge always seem like fun there.”
    She sat down at the table, with her eyes turned towards the door, and looked at Ruby, accepting that she probably had some standing in the city and said with an easy tune studying the menu.”

“Guess that its time to present myself a bit more and what I'm doing here.
    The company I worked for back home, in Stockholm, was put out of business by the C. R. concern. All that wasn't fired had to move and was transferred to cities all over Europe. Which people wasn't to happy about. There was a fear in the transfer cities that we been hired for company espionage by the C. R.'s. A valid fear. And apart from that no one was happy with charming resources and influence of high ranking personnel moving on to their town. I saw no reason to stay in Europe.
    That was the reason I decided to go to the states. The salads seemed nice her, have you tried them before?”
    She said shifting from war, murders and suspicion was to food effortlessly, all with the same relaxed tone. But her eyes didn't look up right away, her gaze had frozen, no longer reading but rather staring into nothing for a second. Then she ran a hand through the red hair and smiled and stretched.

“Felt good sitting down at least.”

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby waits until the other two are seated before slipping into the booth beside Tvivel, girls and boys. Although she's hardly young enough to keep thinking of herself that way, sigh.

Terros makes a joke to lighten the atmosphere, so Ruby smiles and hums to acknowledge that she understands. Who orders steak at lunch in a cafe? She's starting to hope that this one is a Seer or Banisher, he would be so much easier to deal with if that was the case.

Patience for Jesus, Ruby, patience for Jesus.

Tvivel seems nice though. Guarded, but pleasant and well mannered. Who's house is she talking about though? Morgue? Could be a cultural thing... Stockholme!!!! Oh, isn't that supposed to be beautiful? Oh, oh, I am going to ask you so many questions!

She suppresses girlish excitement in a mask of professional pleasant, which becomes much easier once the conversation turns to the dangers they all face.

"Well. I'm sorry to hear that, Miss Tvivel, but let me tell you now, I'm sure Sacramento is happy to have you." She knows that Terros expects a few answers before he can open up, so she turns to him.

"Take a look at the Enchiladas, they're very good."

"So, I suppose I should let y'all know what I do. It's mostly Art History, although I try to make a little bit of Art present when I can get the time. Sometimes I help new folks settle in t' th' city."

Her eyes settle on the menu's light veggie wrap, and then rise back up to Terros.

"Tend to work a lot with books, what do you do dear?"

R
    Ragnar

He takes a sip out of his water and then he answers quite plainly. "I work as a coroner for the city... the bodies need to be preserved so intense cold is always present. I do autopsy's to pay the bills..." Terros shakes his head I am partial to steak... there is a nice 10 oz. here." Terros reaches for his water and takes amother sip and then starts to drink the glass of water all at once finishing it quickly. It appeared like he had drank anything in over a day.

Terros puts the glass down and grabs his napkin to wipe the water off. He then states "I don't read many books anymore. I used to as I graduated UC Riverside Majoring in Human Anatomy and I minored in Philosophy."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Dear, what did your momma do to you?

Ruby sits frozen, silent, blinking.

Coroner, Anatomy, Philosophy? No mention of a Medical degree? Is that code? Does he work with dead folk, or he MAKES them dead?

Autopsies... bills... stopped reading...

Ruby puts together what he's said as best she can. Either Terros slow as a rock, or he defected from the Mysterium and he kills for hire.

w
    w176

The silence following what Terros said was broken of Tvivel folding her menu together, putting it down with soft thud of paper against wood.

“Enchiladas it is them. “ She said, like what Terros just said hadn't been a very wrong answer on so many levels. “ I'll have to trust you on that one, Miss Key. I liked my first impression of the city and is happy hearing you welcome me.” She said not really stressing any og the words, but by adding the pleasantry got the message across.

She smile a sunny small smile and search for eye contact with the waitress coming over. signaling that the wasn't quite ready to order yet.

“Miss, I'm sorry, we haven't really decided yet. I'll come get you when we are. Thanks.” Then her blue eyes shifted to Terros and they had the same warmth as before, and she sounded curious and nice.

“I must really ask. Who team are you on mister Terros and what do you hope to archive with this conversation? Your attitude worries me, and I'm considering leaving.

And if you can not even state that in a mannered way, I would personally avoid further contacts with people on our team. Personally, I'm not sure that Miss Key is of the same opinion, and its not really my place to say anything about what is Wise in this town. It still what I would recommend in that case.“

R
    Ragnar

Emotion

Terros barely manages to keep his composure as if 1000 nerves just shot up in horrifying pain. A tear manages to break through though as if he is speaking from conviction.

"Team? Like you had to ask that question. If I was your foe I wouldn't be here right now, I'd of directed us to a seperate location rather than one of HER choosing. And you question my loyalties..."

He regains some of his composure here calming down a little.

"We can only judge the paths of others until one has atleast seen the path of the other. To feel their pain and trials. Its one thing to feel you are on the right path but pure hubris to think yours is the only one."

He sounds nostalgic with a touch of sadness here.

"Truth be told, I was mentored in San Fransisco by A Mystagogue of the fourth degree. Mystagogue Theovon. His primary expertise was in old and ancient religions in search of clues to the lost city." He pauses for a moment "I bet you now want to know why I am not in the "book" now... the answer is simple; if I awoke... I shouldn't awake into someone elses dream; I should awake into my own... to forge my own path. Is that so hard to believe. So thats right I am an Apostate... it happens. I do what I think is right and you do what you think is right at Consilium. So here is a thought"

Dramatic pause with a slight tear coming from his eye again.

"Maybe I am here because I want to try to enjoy the company of the living for a change. but it appears that will almost always be out of my grasp."

With a look of confusion and anger he states and make sure not to raise his voice.
    "So why don't you tell me why I shouldn't leave instead if from what it appears the both of you never trusted me from the start?"

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby's hand rises to her temple, two fingers massaging away a rising headache. Cry-baby has managed to name the Mysterium, and a ranking San Francisco elder while managing to draw the attention of a third of the waitstaff.

At least he managed to keep his voice down.

"No dear, you're right. You shouldn't be here."

"It would be best if you don't stay for lunch."
    Ruby says without sympathy. This little encounter only reinforces the value of spanking children in her mind.

((Held Action: If Terros speaks another word of the Mysteries, Ruby will interrupt.))

R
    Ragnar

Terros grabs his wallet and pulls out a 5 dollar bills and put it on the table and gets up.

"Well, then thats that. good day to you both ladies." As he gives a polite nod and heads to the door.

OOC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread